Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reporter looking for fan gathering ...

ReporterMorse

Hello fans,

I am Dan Morse, a metro reporter for the Washington Post. I am writing a story for Sunday’s paper, and need an insightful, colorful group who will gather for Saturday’s game inside someone’s house. I’ll watch the game with you, and write what I see and hear. I'm looking knotted up stomachs - for fans who will ascend to Cloud 99 if the Skins win, who could descend into a month-long funk if they lose. The crowd doesn’t necessarily have to be all Madden’s and Belushi’s. Just candid, knowledgeable, and funny. I’ll have a photographer with me. If you’re interested, please send me an email at morsed@washpost.com <mailto:morsed@washpost.com> with a brief note (3 or 4 sentences) of who’ll watch the game with, or call me at the numbers below. Many thanks.

dude, no offense, but this is kind of disrespectful. I mean we are skins fans, and half the reason we stay home is to avoid the crowds. You want to see these "colorful fans" go to a bar or something, dont try to intrude into someone's home.

for future reference, you want to see true fans, die never, colorful and loud....be at Fedex field next december if it's cold, rainy, snowy, be there and you will see what we are about.

Dan,

Is this a follow up to this article: "From Sofas of D.C. Luminaries, Roars for the Redskins; By Dan Morse Washington Post Staff Writer; Friday, January 6, 2006; Page B01"? That's a good article, btw. I had no idea that Jack Kemp was a 'Skins fan or that he was technology saavy enough to use TiVo.

You shouldn't have a hard time finding a good group. :)

-ihs

Hello fans,

I am Dan Morse, a metro reporter for the Washington Post. I am writing a story for Sunday’s paper, and need an insightful, colorful group who will gather for Saturday’s game inside someone’s house. I’ll watch the game with you, and write what I see and hear. I'm looking knotted up stomachs - for fans who will ascend to Cloud 99 if the Skins win, who could descend into a month-long funk if they lose. The crowd doesn’t necessarily have to be all Madden’s and Belushi’s. Just candid, knowledgeable, and funny. I’ll have a photographer with me. If you’re interested, please send me an email at morsed@washpost.com <mailto:morsed@washpost.com> with a brief note (3 or 4 sentences) of who’ll watch the game with, or call me at the numbers below. Many thanks.

If? ...you lost me right there...

Dude there's no "if" about us beating the seaHawks...

Ps. I don't know any genuine Skins fan that would want the distraction of having a member of the media around him/her while he/she is watching the game... unless ofcourse you are part of the media and they are family or something... or are an Attention-Whore! :2cents:

The way I curse during the games (unless there are kids in the house) you wouldn't be able to write much except #$#$# #$### $##$# seahawks #$#$#$# refs can #$#$# #$#$ ###$#$#@#$#(*(#$($ you get the point? And if and this is a huge if, GOD forbids they lost the game... That camera will be shattered in pieces and your camera man will become a punching bag lol…… :D Ok just kidding but this is a nice idea, just not in my backyard!!

:point2sky

Ladies and Gents,

Dan Morse is the real deal, I suggest if you are interested in having your game day rituals and moods recorded for all of DC to see that you contact him.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

-ihs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/05/AR2006010502256_2.html

Linkage to that article.

He should come up to The Falls in NYC. :D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/05/AR2006010502256_2.html

Linkage to that article.

He should come up to The Falls in NYC. :D

That'd actually be a pretty interesting article. Each week I (and I'm sure this happens to many other people also) run into folks that I haven't seen in 10 years; it's like a pseudo high school/college reunion each week.

dude, no offense, but this is kind of disrespectful. I mean we are skins fans, and half the reason we stay home is to avoid the crowds. You want to see these "colorful fans" go to a bar or something, dont try to intrude into someone's home.

for future reference, you want to see true fans, die never, colorful and loud....be at Fedex field next december if it's cold, rainy, snowy, be there and you will see what we are about.

That is weak! He was being respectful. He didn't invite himself into your house. He asked if anyone would welcome him. If you will not, that's fine, but why try and flame him for asking.

Talk about disrespectful... :doh:

That is weak! He was being respectful. He didn't invite himself into your house. He asked if anyone would welcome him. If you will not, that's fine, but why try and flame him for asking.

Talk about disrespectful... :doh:

Agreed there.

If it's not your thing, that's cool. It may be the thing for someone else.

Archived