Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My brother is getting married Saturday at 3:30, and I'm the best man......

grhqofb5

Go to the wedding and take it like a man. It's your brother, for God's sake.

This guy's right. But, it doesn't stop you from finding the hottest single chick you can find at the reception and giving her some good lovin after you find out the Skins won. No better way to celebrate a Skins win then with a beer, a cigar and a fresh new babe. Happy hunting!

My sister's wedding was during Gibbs' last game (49er loss-Byner fumble). We had a TV in one of the back rooms of the reception hall. It was working out great til picture time. Funny when you see mine and my brother's pictures today you can see how unhappy we were.

My suggestion is get a TV set up at the reception somewhere somehow. FORGET TIVO, that is way too risky and should never be an option in such a big game. Remember too, there are probably going to be a LOT of Redskin fans at the wedding so use this to your advantage. Maybe you can get a bigger TV out in the main area of the reception so it can be part of the festivities. All depends on the bride to be honest.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
Go to the wedding and take it like a man. It's your brother, for God's sake.

what kind of a brother is THAT!

Ok, if the wedding is at 3:30 you should be in reasonable shape. Your average wedding ceremony will clock in at about 20-30 minutes. This gives you an entire half hour of leeway before the game starts. Unfortunately, as the best man you'll be expected to attend the reception, as well. Now, that is gonna clock in at over 4 hours, which of course will shut you out of the enitre game, unless you can get a portable TV in there...

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=portable+tv&pid=4834532080211282699&oid=10418871717912088063&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogler&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en

Of course, some parties involved (especially those lacking the proper sexual equipment, if you follow...) might think this is less than a completely tastefull move. This is, of course, only a problem if you are bringing your wife/girlfriend to the wedding. If you're single, you should be good to go. The bride might not approve, but if you are poking her, she oughtn't be marrying your brother, and if you aren't poking her, what do you care what she thinks?

Of course, if you are bringing your wife/girlfriend/significant other, bringing a portable TV to the reception could be threatening to your sexual health. My best advice to you in this case is to miss the game, or just go hunting for a new girlfriend afterwards, depending on the quality of the sex.

You never get married from the beginning of Sept. to the beginning of Feb. Heck, I wouldn't even get married in August out of fear of missing a preseason game. By that time, preseason games are precious since it has been so long since football season. If I ever get married, it will be some time in the beginning of July so I'm back from the honeymoon way before preseason.

Bring a small radio with an earpiece.

Ok, if the wedding is at 3:30 you should be in reasonable shape. Your average wedding ceremony will clock in at about 20-30 minutes. This gives you an entire half hour of leeway before the game starts. Unfortunately, as the best man you'll be expected to attend the reception, as well. Now, that is gonna clock in at over 4 hours, which of course will shut you out of the enitre game, unless you can get a portable TV in there...

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=portable+tv&pid=4834532080211282699&oid=10418871717912088063&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogler&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en

Of course, some parties involved (especially those lacking the proper sexual equipment, if you follow...) might think this is less than a completely tastefull move. This is, of course, only a problem if you are bringing your wife/girlfriend to the wedding. If you're single, you should be good to go. The bride might not approve, but if you are poking her, she oughtn't be marrying your brother, and if you aren't poking her, what do you care what she thinks?

Of course, if you are bringing your wife/girlfriend/significant other, bringing a portable TV to the reception could be threatening to your sexual health. My best advice to you in this case is to miss the game, or just go hunting for a new girlfriend afterwards, depending on the quality of the sex.

I couldn't have said it better myself. LMAO

Showing alot of confidence in the Skins chances at the playoffs when setting the date I see. :kungfu:

;

I was best man at both my brothers' weddings. One, Utah, is as big of a Redskins fan there is. If either one of them had found out that I had even thought of this question, much less posted it on the net, I'm not sure if they would have actually disowned me or not...but they would have tied my ass to the spot I would be standing in. And we won't even discuss what their wives reaction would have been. :paranoid:

Of course, I would never hear the end of it from my mother either.

Show must go on. They're more important than the Skins anyday. It's a very special day for all of you. Cherish it.

The funny thing is, this is actually a serious question here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

You just have to take it like a man. No matter how big a fan you are, your brother is only getting married once (hopefully)

You just have to take it like a man. No matter how big a fan you are, your brother is only getting married once (hopefully)

I would have to agree. Your brother asked you to do something very special. Be a man, buck up and do the right thing. Besides you can watch them play the Bears next week.

I BELIEVE

take it like a man dude. The Redskins make the playoffs about once every 5 years. Your brother only gets married once(hopefully).

Edit: I didn't read this whole thread, but after I posted I saw that someone wrote almost exactly the same post as me. Oh well, I think I'll leave it up because it's kind of funny that they're so similar.

Archived