Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mexico Demands U.S. Allow More Immigration

Sarge

Maybe we could ask Mexico to open their southern border with Guatamala and see how that works before we open our border :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/10/D8F1LRCO5.html

Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

The countries represented at the meeting _ including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize and Panama _ created a working group to design a regional policy to avoid migrant abuse and to follow the course of the legislation.

"There has to be an integrated reform that includes a temporary worker program, but also the regularization of those people who are already living in receptor countries," Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said.

Derbez has called the measure _ which passed the U.S. House of Representatives last month but still must go before the Senate _ "stupid and underhanded," but was somewhat more restrained on Monday, saying "it's not the Mexican government's position to tell the U.S. Senate what to do."

The U.S. proposal has caused widespread resentment in Mexico, where some have accused President Vicente Fox's administration of not being assertive enough in opposing it. Fox has called the bill shameful.

Mexicans working in the United States are a huge source of revenue for Mexico, sending home more than $16 billion in remittances in 2004, Mexico's second largest source of foreign currency after oil exports according to the country's central bank.

Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, defended the administration's record on Monday, telling reporters that migration has declined in recent years, though official figures show it remains at historically high levels.

Aguilar also said migrants "don't emigrate because they lack work, but rather for a series of other reasons, cultural reasons or better living conditions."

He means increase legal numbers right ?

i don't think so...

Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

I always love the countries that demand something they themselves don't do.

Put up the fence from one tip of mexico to the other, insert drones and up the border security with National Guard training etc, etc, etc.

THEN: Increase legal immigration by xyz% determined on a yearly basis. And remove portions of the fence when the new President/Police/Army of Mexico agree that illegal immigration is a problem that should be handled on both sides...

Controlled legal immigration = Good Idea

Opening borders and allowing anyone in = Bad Idea

And on a semi-related note. What do you people feel about a national language? I, for one, am all for it. When people originally migrated here from Europe, they were forced to learn the english language if they wanted to be a productive member of society. I think today, people are too afraid too hurt others feelings. Hell, some people might call me racist for believing we should speak english in the US.

Controlled legal immigration = Good Idea

Opening borders and allowing anyone in = Bad Idea

And on a semi-related note. What do you people feel about a national language? I, for one, am all for it. When people originally migrated here from Europe, they were forced to learn the english language if they wanted to be a productive member of society. I think today, people are too afraid too hurt others feelings. Hell, some people might call me racist for believing we should speak english in the US.

Personally of the immagrants I know they are all trying. I have not seen one not try but thats just me personally so....

This doesnt even look like America anymore. Mexican dimwits in our suburbs too lazy and dont care to learn English, Dont pay taxes and contribute nothing to our economy. Make their money anbd send it back home. They are only using our wonderful country to milk it for their own wants. Send them back in a Pinto.

This doesnt even look like America anymore. Mexican dimwits in our suburbs too lazy and dont care to learn English, Dont pay taxes and contribute nothing to our economy. Make their money anbd send it back home. They are only using our wonderful country to milk it for their own wants. Send them back in a Pinto.

This hasn't looked like "America" since Colombus landed.

My family got here and made it to Wisconsin by 1835...

One decendant near Point Thiebeau had 2 Indian wives and apparently one killed him... hey too much of a good thing yah know..

Ask the Irish, Ask the Chinese, Ask the Italian... Lots of immigration and each one met someone with the above statement.

Yet somehow we became a great country in spite of you.

Yeah, those lazy Mexicans immigrants......... :doh:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3386933

Report: MS-13 gang hired to murder Border Patrol

By Sara A. Carter and Mason Stockstill, Staff Writers

Mexican alien smugglers plan to pay violent gang members and smuggle them into the United States to murder Border Patrol agents, according to a confidential Department of Homeland Security memo obtained by the Daily Bulletin.

The Officer Safety Alert, dated Dec. 21, warns agents that the smugglers intend to bring members of the international Mara Salvatrucha street gang also known as MS-13 into the country for the deadly mission.

"Unidentified Mexican alien smugglers are angry about the increased security along the U.S./Mexico border and have agreed that the best way to deal with U.S. Border Patrol agents is to hire a group of contract killers," the alert states.

MS-13, which has a strong base in El Salvador, is considered by the FBI to be one of the most dangerous gangs in the United States, with more than 20,000 members.

Gang members have been found in 33 states and connected to murder, racketeering, assault, rapes and extortion. Last January, Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided six cities and made more than 100 arrests of MS-13 gang members.

Intelligence officials last year reported that MS-13 gang members had been linked to terrorists seeking entry into the country.

Michael Friel, a representative with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said he could not comment directly on the memo, but noted "this wouldn't be the first time agents' lives have been threatened.

"It's no surprise that these smugglers, these criminals, would be threatening our agents," he added. "And that would be a huge mistake on their part if they try."

The alert was labeled "for official use only," meaning that while it does not contain classified information, it is not to be made public or released to the media. It also is required to be stored in a locked container and "burned or shredded" when it is no longer needed.

The memo was issued based on information from a report issued by the FBI. An FBI spokesman reached by telephone in Washington said he could not comment on that report.

A Border Patrol agent who spoke on condition of anonymity said agents in the field have been worried since the release of the alert in December.

"It's not just people coming over here to pick lettuce. These gang members, criminals, are endangering American lives," the agent said.

"Our vests won't stop a rifle bullet, and many of us out here feel like sitting ducks," he added.

Over the past year, Border Patrol agents have warned they are facing more danger than ever before along the divide between the two countries. Many believe stepped-up enforcement by the United States has led to a similar increase in violence by drug smugglers and border crossers.

Last week, agents in Texas reported two separate incidents in which someone fired on them from the Mexican side of the border. Officers in Arizona were issued pocket-sized cards last year with suggested maneuvers in case they encounter Mexican military troops while on patrol.

On Dec. 30, a Border Patrol agent shot and killed an 18-year-old Mexican man agents said had thrown a rock at U.S. officials after crossing the border.

Rep. David Dreier, R-Glendora, chairman of the House Rules Committee and one of the GOP's immigration reform advocates, said security for Border Patrol agents is essential.

"First of all, we need to provide Border Patrol agents with all the resources they need to protect themselves, we need to hire more agents, and we need to make sure we're tracking and targeting gangs coming across the border," Dreier said Monday night. "The security of our agents is of the upmost concern."

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, an association representing agents, said Monday that the Homeland Security alert is more proof agents often are putting their lives at risk. Assaults on agents doubled last year, according to Bonner.

"MS-13 has shown that its members have very little regard for human life," he said. "Some of the atrocities they have committed are truly unspeakable, and it worries me to know that our agents on the line are now the targets. I don't know what it's going to take to wake up the folks in Washington."

Some anti-illegal immigrant organizations blame the Bush administration for what they say is a lackadaisical attitude about border security.

"The president still acts like Mexico is a friendly neighbor, when in reality it's the complete opposite," said Andy Ramirez, chairman of Friends of the Border Patrol, a Chino organization that supports border agents. "Border Patrol agents' lives are in extremely high danger, and yet the public isn't notified. When are they going to realize that threats against our law-enforcement officers are threats against this nation?"

Special Report: Beyond Borders

Get Blogging Now: Beyond Borders Blog

Sara A. Carter can be reached by e-mail at sara.carter@dailybulletin.com or by phone at (909) 483-8552.

Mason Stockstill can be reached by e-mail at mason.stockstill@dailybulletin.com or by phone at (909) 386-9354.

got to love, racism

wow. just wow. :doh:

He does have a point about the langauge

Folks said the same thing about early 20th century immigrants.

Just want to add:

The claim that immigration hurts the economy ( or have little impact on our economy) is patently ignorant. Piles of research reach the opposite conclusion. Oh, and the market isn't a zero-sum game. Nationalism sucks

Then maybe you should go somewhere where there is no nationalism. Haven't foumd it in my travels around the world, but if I do I'll let you know

If the point is nationalism is phenomenon that reaches beyond America shores, than I agree with you. It's a disease shared by many.

But then again, your definition of nationalism might be very different from mine.

Archived