Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mexico Demands U.S. Allow More Immigration

Sarge

Well, it's basically capitalism vs. nationalism...

We need those workers if we want to keep increasing our GDP at the same rate we have been... even if those workers are exploited and poorly paid and live practically underground lives.

Immigration is great if you are on the top of the totum pole...

This doesnt even look like America anymore. Mexican dimwits in our suburbs too lazy and dont care to learn English, Dont pay taxes and contribute nothing to our economy. Make their money anbd send it back home. They are only using our wonderful country to milk it for their own wants. Send them back in a Pinto.

Ignorance, racism, and hatred all wrapped up in a nice little package. Way to go!

This doesnt even look like America anymore. Mexican dimwits in our suburbs too lazy and dont care to learn English, Dont pay taxes and contribute nothing to our economy. Make their money anbd send it back home. They are only using our wonderful country to milk it for their own wants. Send them back in a Pinto.
How do you know they are mexican. Let's start there first eh?

He does have a point about the langauge
Mind telling me what that point is and backing it up with some facts? Almost every hispanic I know speaks English. Those that don't try and often are shy about it, often because there are a lot more jerks then you think that give people with a thick accent a hard time just for the hell of it. You think people WANT to have a harder time finding work because they can't speak English?

It takes time. The poorer you are, the longer it takes because of the environment you live and work in.

LOL. Every single word of this sentence is completely, utterly, laughably wrong. Even "it" and "to".

Maybe I've become numb to this type of hateful ignorance, but I find myself more shocked by the lack of outrage by the community as a whole. Indifference to this type of mentality is just as culpable as the mentality itself!

Maybe I've become numb to this type of hateful ignorance, but I find myself more shocked by the lack of outrage by the community as a whole. Indifference to this type of mentality is just as culpable as the mentality itself!

Or perhaps the pursuit of becoming ultra PC encourages people to take the moral high ground for the sake of being morally and politically correct without taking a look at the fundamental issues at hand. You look at what he said, and automatically jump to the, omg thats an outrageous thing to say, not all mexicans are like that, blah blah. I look at it and try to figure out what the issues really are. So what are they? We have an out of control migration of illegal immigrants getting into this country. They are not absorbing the local culture, language, or behavior (adherence to laws, etc). They are not becoming positive contributing members of our society. But are in fact, costing our society significantly. Perhaps a lot of this is due to their illegal status so it might be a vicious cycle, but a lot of them arent even trying.

People can remain on their moral high ground as long as they want until they finally decide that there actually is a problem, and it needs to be dealt with.

Or perhaps the pursuit of becoming ultra PC encourages people to take the moral high ground for the sake of being morally and politically correct without taking a look at the fundamental issues at hand. You look at what he said, and automatically jump to the, omg thats an outrageous thing to say, not all mexicans are like that, blah blah. I look at it and try to figure out what the issues really are. So what are they? We have an out of control migration of illegal immigrants getting into this country. They are not absorbing the local culture, language, or behavior (adherence to laws, etc). They are not becoming positive contributing members of our society. But are in fact, costing our society significantly. Perhaps a lot of this is due to their illegal status so it might be a vicious cycle, but a lot of them arent even trying.

People can remain on their moral high ground as long as they want until they finally decide that there actually is a problem, and it needs to be dealt with.

Wow. This posting is almost as wrong as the one by honeydont.

Come to California. See how hard hispanic illegal immigrants work, doing jobs that American citizens don't want to do. See how they have taxes and Social Security taken from their paychecks without any expectation of getting the money back. See how the agricultural economy of this country would collapse without them. See how they are just trying to provide for their families, just like every other immigrant group ever, throughout this country's history.

Just watching a couple episodes of "Cops" does not make one an expert.

Or perhaps the pursuit of becoming ultra PC encourages people to take the moral high ground for the sake of being morally and politically correct without taking a look at the fundamental issues at hand. You look at what he said, and automatically jump to the, omg thats an outrageous thing to say, not all mexicans are like that, blah blah. I look at it and try to figure out what the issues really are. So what are they?
You want to talk about moral high ground? Ok then genius, answer this one: how does he know they are Mexicans? Virginia has a lot of central American immigrants, not all of them legal.

Odds are he doesn’t, he calls them Mexican because he they are brown and speak Spanish. It’s like calling every Asian person “Chinese.” It’s the first clue someone isn’t exactly culturally aware and it really pisses off us Hispanics that know all about this kind of crap.

We have an out of control migration of illegal immigrants getting into this country. They are not absorbing the local culture, language, or behavior (adherence to laws, etc). They are not becoming positive contributing members of our society. But are in fact, costing our society significantly. Perhaps a lot of this is due to their illegal status so it might be a vicious cycle, but a lot of them arent even trying.

See now you’ve gone and made a crucial distinction, you said “illegal immigrant” not “Mexican.” Good for you. You also raised an interesting question – how much of the perceived problem is caused by their illegal status, we don’t know. Again, good for you for being fair.

I agree with you that we do have a problem. A big one. My problem is with people that blame the poor for doing what anyone else would do and taking their chances at a better life. If we don’t want illegals over here the solution is not to punish them, because jail time and possible deportation is a small price to pay considering the alternative. You have to seal the border and punish the employers. We are all smart enough to know that so let’s stop wasting time complaining about poor people looking to WORK (something a good deal of welfare drawing Americans refuse to do) and let’s look at solutions that aren’t just a waste of time eh?

I know that gang crime has skyrocketed due to the huge increase in hispanic population. Small ag towns now have a serious problem too. Pathetic.
Gangs weren't an issue in latin america at all until they started getting deported from here. You are right that is pathetic. What does that tell you?

Gangs weren't an issue in latin america at all until they started getting deported from here. You are right that is pathetic. What does that tell you?

it tells me I don't understand a word you wrote and that you have no idea what you are talking about. Lay the blame where it should.

it tells me I don't understand a word you wrote and that you have no idea what you are talking about. Lay the blame where it should.

Since you obviously do know what you are talking about, please enlighten me. I'd like to hear how you've reached your conclusions and what evidence you have to support it. I'm certain that people like you that are in constant pursuit of the truth have done extensive research on the matter and are not basing your opinions on your own personal bias and ignorance.

Can Mexico really DEMAND anything from the US?

I say hey, fine, we'll let more in. A LOT more. But they need to line up and do it in an orderly fashion so we can identify them and make sure they arent smuggling anything. Coke, heroin, nuclear devices, ya know.

Everyone wants to protect the border so much how about we make it EASIER for people to come here legally. That way we know if someone is coming illegally they have to be up to no good. My girlfriend is a Mexican-American so I'm a little biased on this but that is the best idea I have come up with.

Also, on a related note, I think we forget that this country was built by immigrants and then made great by immigrants. Unless you are a Native American YOU are a descendant of an immigrant. Just try to keep that in mind please.

2 questions for the haters:

1. If we didn't need these folks, why are they here?

2. If these folks come to work, why don't you think they would try to learn the language?

Because they are not accepted into the fabric of our society. If they spent more time and had more experience with the "natives" here they would have more incentive to learn the language. If we keep pushing them away and making them feel unwanted you think they want to to try to be a part of this country?

I know that gang crime has skyrocketed due to the huge increase in hispanic population. Small ag towns now have a serious problem too. Pathetic.

You're an idiot. I guess murders and armed robbery skyrocketed after we freed the slaves too right? I'm sure American Indians getting rights led to an increase in crime as well. What did happen to them anyway?

Make these people feel welcome. Make them feel part of our society. Make them a part of our society. Make them feel like they have a future, something to live and work for. You keep pushing people away they get desperate and feel unwanted. They feel hopeless. When people feel hopeless they start doing hopeless things, i.e. joining a gang. Tell me what the difference is between hispanics immigrating here now, not having nothing, and joining a gang and Italians immigrating here a 100 years ago, not having nothing, and starting the Mafia? It's the same freaking thing and it's happening for the same freaking reasons.

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. I truly feel sorry for the state of things concerning this issue. Americans aren't the only people that matter in the world you know? Ignorance AND arrogance are destroying us. Oh how we forget our past.

Racism is an attitude, a bad one, like yours. You are 29 and you probably don't see anything wrong with what you are saying above and that is the problem.

You want to talk about moral high ground? Ok then genius, answer this one: how does he know they are Mexicans? Virginia has a lot of central American immigrants, not all of them legal.

Odds are he doesn’t, he calls them Mexican because he they are brown and speak Spanish. It’s like calling every Asian person “Chinese.” It’s the first clue someone isn’t exactly culturally aware and it really pisses off us Hispanics that know all about this kind of crap.

See now you’ve gone and made a crucial distinction, you said “illegal immigrant” not “Mexican.” Good for you. You also raised an interesting question – how much of the perceived problem is caused by their illegal status, we don’t know. Again, good for you for being fair.

I agree with you that we do have a problem. A big one. My problem is with people that blame the poor for doing what anyone else would do and taking their chances at a better life. If we don’t want illegals over here the solution is not to punish them, because jail time and possible deportation is a small price to pay considering the alternative. You have to seal the border and punish the employers. We are all smart enough to know that so let’s stop wasting time complaining about poor people looking to WORK (something a good deal of welfare drawing Americans refuse to do) and let’s look at solutions that aren’t just a waste of time eh?

The way I see it, its sortof like a catch-22, the main problem is that illegal immigrants are not integrating with our society. However being illegal may be one of the main reasons they haven't integrated into our society. Perhaps we need to implement a process for becoming legal. Give it a status, penalize it heavily (higher taxes) and not provide as many benefits...and then after a period of time they qualify for a review to become a full citizen. If they break any laws during this time they get deported. Sortof like a version of our foreign visa's. The main advantage is that now everybody is 'legal' and have the same opportunities to work anywhere, but they are penalized more heavily for not going through the proper channels.

Racism is an attitude, a bad one, like yours. You are 29 and you probably don't see anything wrong with what you are saying above and that is the problem.

Ignorism is a flaw, a bad one, like yours. Being illegal has nothing to do with race.

such cliched responses.....see here Page 6, its NY Times Mag Reprint in PDF

http://www.ospoa.com/tnjan05.pdf#search='hispanic%20gangs%20rural%20america'

or here...about 5 minutes of Yahoo searching....

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=29656

http://www.franklincountytimes.com/articles/2005/06/05/news/news1.txt

http://www.wral.com/news/4221750/detail.html

http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_immigrant_gang.html

you can choose to ignore, smear the reports or data, twist. Doesn't change the fact that terrorism within our own borders is much more serious than what may come from overseas.

Archived