Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pats fan here: It all starts with the coaching

XNOUGHT

Every year, Snyder tried to buy his way to the playoffs, and every year it failed.

Then this last year, for the first time in a long time, Snyder and the Redskins were quiet. Every off-season you guys would make a lot of noise, except for this last one. And that was when I knew you guys were about to take it to the next level.

To get a winning football team, it starts with the coaching staff, and the Skins have a top 5 coaching staff in all of football. And I strongly believe, that this coaching staff is good enough to get you guys to the Super Bowl.

I know there has been a lot of Brunell bashing on these boards, but I think he is a Super Bowl calibre QB. His days in Jax show that he has the guts to win on the road, come back on the road, make some big plays, and play solid football. You can win a Super Bowl with Brunell. Your defense is so smart, they will find a way to keep the team in the game.

And Joe Gibbs. If there is a coach that can pull gold from ****, it's him, and he has those Super Bowls to back it up. I actually feel that the salary cap helps him, because back in the 80s, the Giants and Cowgirls would just buy all the talent and make it much harder to win.

Enjoy the ride Skins fans, but I have a feeling it is only going to get better. As the players get more used to Gibbs, WIlliams, and the system and coaching style, this team will be a force for years to come.

Thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel better that a Pats fan would say that about our team, considering the success you guys have had recently. Its hard to root for you guys nowadays with ESPN all over your jock, but you jsut made it a little easier.

Hail!

Thanks for the kind words. It makes me feel better that a Pats fan would say that about our team, considering the success you guys have had recently. Its hard to root for you guys nowadays with ESPN all over your jock, but you jsut made it a little easier.

Hail!

I know hwo you feel. ESPN would trash us like were an Arena league football team during the 2001 season, and even when we won, everyone said it was a fluke.

Now, they all line up on their knees whenever Brady, Belichick, or Bruschi are mentioned.

I just feel like this is like the 2001 Pats team (the redskins). Remember when Bledsoe got benched for Brady? I just see the same thing happening here, Brunell getting benched for Ramsey.

Now im not comparing Ramsey to Brady (Brady is playing on a whole 'nother level), but a QB has to start somewhere right?

GL to your team in the AFC..

I just feel like this is like the 2000 Pats team (the redskins). Remember when Bledsoe got benched for Brady? I just see the same thing happening here, Brunell getting benched for Ramsey.

Now im not comparing Ramsey to Brady (Brady is playing on a whole 'nother level), but a QB has to start somewhere right?

GL to your team in the AFC..

Brunell is a more mobile version of Brad Johnson. Keep playing some good D and you guys should AT LEAST make it to the Super Bowl. The Seahawks can be spanked around, as I feel the Skins coaching staff will make Portis look like a HOF vs their D.

The Bears are a different story. I really think Lovie SMith is a damn good coach, however, if you can beat Tampa on the road, would a game vs. the Bears be any different?

I actually feel that the salary cap helps him, because back in the 80s, the Giants and Cowgirls would just buy all the talent and make it much harder to win.

I have been thinking about this lately also. Gibbs is a master of getting 110% out of people. Coaching is more important than ever in the salary cap era.

I just feel like this is like the 2001 Pats team (the redskins). Remember when Bledsoe got benched for Brady? I just see the same thing happening here, Brunell getting benched for Ramsey.

There is a ZERO chance that Gibbs will bench Brunell for Ramsey at this point.

There is a ZERO chance that Gibbs will bench Brunell for Ramsey at this point.

I dont think Gibbs needs to bench him, i think Brunell's leg wont hold up. Watching the Tampa bay game, where he had that run with the jump at the end, he was grimacing when he went up in the air.

Actually, I think Snyder did what he always did, but now he simply has the right coach in place.

Do you think Marcus Washington is a key player?

How about Cornelius Griffin?

Clinton Portis?

Shawn Springs?

Casey Rabach?

Maybe Santana Moss?

What about Brunell?

These are ALL players that Snyder "bought." Each one of them was acquired via trade or FA and given a HUGE contract. Not only that, but Snyder has opened up his wallet for Williams and Gibbs as well.

Dan Snyder IS trying to buy a championship, which is exactly what he should be trying to do. It's just that he finally got the right man to run the ship.

Actually, I think Snyder did what he always did, but now he simply has the right coach in place.

Do you think Marcus Washington is a key player?

How about Cornelius Griffin?

Clinton Portis?

Shawn Springs?

Casey Rabach?

Maybe Santana Moss?

What about Brunell?

These are ALL players that Snyder "bought." Each one of them was acquired via trade or FA and given a HUGE contract. Not only that, but Snyder has opened up his wallet for Williams and Gibbs as well.

Dan Snyder IS trying to buy a championship, which is exactly what he should be trying to do. It's just that he finally got the right man to run the ship.

I think he was talking about this past offseason - where we we're pretty quiet.

Every year, Snyder tried to buy his way to the playoffs, and every year it failed.

Then this last year, for the first time in a long time, Snyder and the Redskins were quiet. Every off-season you guys would make a lot of noise, except for this last one. And that was when I knew you guys were about to take it to the next level.

To get a winning football team, it starts with the coaching staff, and the Skins have a top 5 coaching staff in all of football. And I strongly believe, that this coaching staff is good enough to get you guys to the Super Bowl.

I know there has been a lot of Brunell bashing on these boards, but I think he is a Super Bowl calibre QB. His days in Jax show that he has the guts to win on the road, come back on the road, make some big plays, and play solid football. You can win a Super Bowl with Brunell. Your defense is so smart, they will find a way to keep the team in the game.

And Joe Gibbs. If there is a coach that can pull gold from ****, it's him, and he has those Super Bowls to back it up. I actually feel that the salary cap helps him, because back in the 80s, the Giants and Cowgirls would just buy all the talent and make it much harder to win.

Enjoy the ride Skins fans, but I have a feeling it is only going to get better. As the players get more used to Gibbs, WIlliams, and the system and coaching style, this team will be a force for years to come.

Thank you xnought. I noticed last night I was coming up on my 2000th post here and when I logged on this morning I was actually looking forward to that personal, silly, little landmark. I thought I'd use it to respond to a post I felt was sorta special or extra cool. So here I am, after a couple hours of reading while watching the Giants game, finding that it's to be in response to a fan less than half my age who wasn't even around for Gibss I, and someone who is even a fan of another team! But what you said could have come from me, word for word. :laugh: :cheers:

Stick around. This site generally loves fans from other teams who are reaonable, including supporting your own team all the way, and not just trolls. And even with all the...um...unavoidable "stuff" found on any such site I presume, it's a very cool place. :) And good luck to your Pats. They are a model, and they are right back looking everybody square in the face.

Nice post and it does start with coaching. Concerning the Pats it is also about Brady. The pats would not have won a SB without the coaching staff, but I doubt they would have won without Brady either. Brady, IMHO, is the one QB in the league I would want on my team in the playoffs. If we had Brady I would bet we would win the SB.

I agree it definitely starts with the coaching. For example, in the ESPN article about Wynn, Gregg Williams shows that he is a class act.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2284164

Assistant coach Gregg Williams said Wynn will be named a team captain for the Seahawks game.

"He means a lot to our defense. You can't replace what he's done,"

Coaches like him and Gibbs are worth the money spent; especially when you are the second highest grossing sports team in the world and can afford it.

Thaks for the kind words X, and congrats to your guys. Anyone that looks past the Pats is just damn foolish. As much as I'd love to see a Skins/Pats SB y'all are probably the team I'd worry about the most because of the very things you mention. Bellichek and his staff have a lot in common w/ Gibbs and his, plus hard-working character guys that come to play, it would be a shame for either one to lose a SB but ooooo baby what a run it would be getting there!

I dont think Gibbs needs to bench him, i think Brunell's leg wont hold up. Watching the Tampa bay game, where he had that run with the jump at the end, he was grimacing when he went up in the air.

And you expect his knee to get worse, as opposed to better ?

Archived