Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something fishy about ST's ejection?...

skinsarethebest

Maybe I'm missing something, but if a player really is ejected for committing some serious offense, isn't he hustled off the field and out of the stadium almost immediately

What was odd about this was that they let Sean just hang around a while -- as if the officials made an "after the fact" decision to eject him

I remember Joe T and all the announcers thinking that Sean was actually being benched by the coaches, and had no idea whatsoever about the spitting part of the story until someone informed them later

Could it be the league was just trying to cover up for what was a pretty questionable call in the first place? How convenient it would be to claim that Sean "spit" at someone based on the past allegations with Houshmanzedah?

Maybe this sounds too much like a conspiracy theory, but at the same time, maybe Sean was flat out framed??

There are several people saying(with HDTV replays, mind you) that they couldn't understand how he spat in his face if her was still talking. Maybe a little flew out while ST was smack talking and landed on Pittman's face and he just blew it out of proportion. This isn't like that Bill Romanowski thing where you could actually see the lougie.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if a player really is ejected for committing some serious offense, isn't he hustled off the field and out of the stadium almost immediately

What was odd about this was that they let Sean just hang around a while -- as if the officials made an "after the fact" decision to eject him

I remember Joe T and all the announcers thinking that Sean was actually being benched by the coaches, and had no idea whatsoever about the spitting part of the story until someone informed them later

Could it be the league was just trying to cover up for what was a pretty questionable call in the first place? How convenient it would be to claim that Sean "spit" at someone based on the past allegations with Houshmanzedah?

Maybe this sounds too much like a conspiracy theory, but at the same time, maybe Sean was flat out framed??

He was ejected as soon as it happened. The crowd got pretty loud but when the ref was announcing the 15 yard penalty so you may not have heard it, but he clearly said, "21 has been ejected"

It wasn't after the fact.

I agree, it did seem like a weird sequence of events. And someone claimed afterward, I believe it was Mortensen, that the refs announced that ST was ejected but the crowd got really loud and you couldn't hear what the ref said? It seems that it would have been obvious if the ref ejected him, but even the announcers didn't know And I never saw the spit. And GW said ST told him he didn't spit, and GW believes him.

They never announced he was ejected...I originally thought Joe sent him onto the locker room.

I did see Pittman whipe his face right after the flag comes out and as he was starting to point at ST...

Yes they did, Mike Carry said it when he was announcing the 15 yard penalty, the crowd got so loud after he called the penalty it was hard to hear him after that but he did say, "21 has been ejected"

the spitting never happend....check the video

watching it in slo mo, something happened, because Pittman a sec or two before slugging Taylor looks down quickly at his jersey... Wether intentional orf not, It looks like Pittman was checking to see spit. The Ref is watching Taylor the entire time, and unfortunately we can't see Taylor's face to see what he did..

Players usually go to the sidelines, and stay until someone tells them to leave, that wasn't anything unusual about that. The only question I have is why wasn't Pittman flagged. Pittman slugged him. How many times have we seen a player flagged for hitting back with just a shove....

and why is spiiting an ejectable foul, but cheap shots like spearing, head blows, knee chopping not?

watching it in slo mo, something happened, because Pittman a sec or two before slugging Taylor looks down quickly at his jersey... Wether intentional orf not, It looks like Pittman was checking to see spit. The Ref is watching Taylor the entire time, and unfortunately we can't see Taylor's face to see what he did..

Players usually go to the sidelines, and stay until someone tells them to leave, that wasn't anything unusual about that. The only question I have is why wasn't Pittman flagged. Pittman slugged him. How many times have we seen a player flagged for hitting back with just a shove....

and why is spiiting an ejectable foul, but cheap shots like spearing, head blows, knee chopping not?

You bring up a good point. It is pretty odd that that you can spear a QB with a helmet to helmet hit and only get 15 yards.

But spitting on someone gets you 15 yards and tossed from the game.

Its one of those things nobody has ever thought of, because you can't justify that even if you wanted to.

Ok here is online video that sucks but whatever:

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2B0PGPNG2LE9G3939BJ3WI3RZR

Where does Pittman look down? I don't see it. He doesn't even flinch or wipe the spit off of his face. And how can he spit on his chest? He's like 6 inches taller then the Pittman.

There is no way he spit on Pittman but they did announce he was ejected. If you go back and listen to when the ref called the penalty he does say that the penalty is for spitting and he is ejected. It's kinda, but not really, hard to hear. Just pay attention.

I'm all for standing up for our boy Sean but how can you say there is no way he spit on him?

I mean its atleast likely that he did.

Pittman did look down at his jersey to look to see if he had been spit on and he ran his hand over his chin after it too, to whipe something off.

He may have spit on him by accident, which can easily happen when you are jawing in someone's face like that.

It's BS. Even if he did spit on him, and after the replays it appears to be a lurch/gleek at best, there should have been a penalty on both teams. Eject him if he did spit...BUT BUT BUT there should have been a penalty on BOTH teams. Off set...Spit or not, you can't smack someone in the head!

All I can say is....all week we talked about last game ST didn't play...and Tampa fans didn't listen to us....well this week he did play...and only for 3 qtrs (or so) and he still won the game for us.

ST is 4 real! I don't condone spitting in an opponents face on purpose....and I hope he didn't. But regardless...listen SEATTLE (and the rest of the NFL) if you don't know...now you know...playaaaaaaa!

Chris Cooley said on ESPN Radio that the story on the sideline was, ST spit on him after he was smacked in the head. Either way, good win and hopefully your offense wakes up on Saturday.

If that's true then the call was even more blown. It goes back to the age-old rule in sports though...don't retaliate, because they'll always catch the second guy.

if....i mean if he did it.....Gibbs should sespend him next game and he should apologize to his team, the fans, the bucs, and the officials...I love the skins too much to see this sort of childish behavior. The heat of the moment can cause mistakes but own up to them Sean if you are guility.....

....However if you are not guility...say it loud and say it proud....Defend yourself against the BS!

couple of side points...anyone who has ever played football will tell you that, while it can be done, spitting three feet with certain, certain mouthpieces in is difficult, though not impossible to do.

1. What kind of mouth piece does ST have?

2. was it in during the phantom spit?

3. I saw nothing on repeated watchings of TiVo that looked like a diliberate spitting......Was there a second spitter on the grassy knoll?

I don't think he spit on him intentionally. Spit may have gotten on Pittman from the jawing, but there was no intentional spit that I saw. What I did see was Pitman take a swing right in front of the ref. I also saw Pitman begin the encounter going up and to Sean. Good play by Pitman I guess.

Archived