Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell is injured: 2004 all over again (merged)

Rodriggo

Nobody on the team is going to acknowledge it but anyone who is a fan will agree that since the Giants game Brunell has reminded us all of his brutal performance last year. There is no way we can start Ramsey and not expect to give up at least two interceptions at this point but unfortunately we are again stuck with a valiant but injured veteran who is only good for less than 100 yds. passing per game. He threw an absolute duck to Moss on the screen fake which would have gone for a ****load of yards if not a td. He sold out a gimpy Portis on a dumbass dumpoff for a loss. He underthrew Moss on a curl route that would have kept a drive alive in the second half and he threw across the field late to our worst reciever, blanketed in coverage which resulted in a pick and gave them the chance to tie the game. We need to establish the run because Brunell is hobbled and playing like **** at the worst possible time. I would consider starting Brunell against Seattle and maybe working Ramsey in at some point.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Nobody on the team is going to acknowledge it but anyone who is a fan will agree that since the Giants game Brunell has reminded us all of his brutal performance last year. There is no way we can start Ramsey and not expect to give up at least two interceptions at this point but unfortunately we are again stuck with a valiant but injured veteran who is only good for less than 100 yds. passing per game. He threw an absolute duck to Moss on the screen fake which would have gone for a sh*tload of yards if not a td. He sold out a gimpy Portis on a dumb*ss dumpoff for a loss. He underthrew Moss on a curl route that would have kept a drive alive in the second half and he threw across the field late to our worst reciever, blanketed in coverage which resulted in a pick and gave them the chance to tie the game. We need to establish the run because Brunell is hobbled and playing like sh*t at the worst possible time. I would consider starting Brunell against Seattle and maybe working Ramsey in at some point.

I agree with you 100%. I don't think Brunell can get it done against Seattle. Let's hope the defense and running game step it up even more!

It's an interesting point. @ Seattle will there be a chance that Brunell gets pulled if our struggles continue??

Personally I think we'll keep him in for better or worse unless the game gets out of hand much like the nightcap tonight.

I think this post is very valid and that scares me but we could come out next week and drive. We did only have 15 pass attempts as well.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Sorry.Didn't read #6.

When he got injured I figured this is what would end up happening.

I don't care as long as they win but its going to make winning that much harder and I don't see how Ramsey could do worse. Ramsey has some bad bad starts sometimes though, so maybe be safe and go with Brunell in the 1st half and bring in Ramsey in the 2nd as a surprise for them. It worked against the Giants when they came back with Brunell in the game.

I also like

Don't bypass the ****ing language filters!

I don't think theres any doubt Brunell is beat-up a bit. Didn't stop him from taking off on foot again tonight though, did it? Thing about Brunell is, dinged or not, his M.O. is 'never LOSE the game'. Hence the frequent throw-aways and 'playing it safe' decisions at key moments.

While I understand the concerns, you're not acknowledging that we were up against one of the best defenses in the league this evening. While its discouraging that we couldn't do more (btw, our running attack was no less anemic than our passing attack was tonight - are they all injured too?), what is encouraging is that our defense outshone one of the best in the league, despite significant injuries.

We have a chance. Every game is unique. Sometimes you win pretty. Sometimes you win ugly.

I'll take ugly every time. :)

I must be crazy,but Brunell is making very good decisions and showing the heart that has always made me proud to be a skins fan.I guess in the prior games one wont count the scarmbles he made for first downs to keep the drive alive while on a bad wheel,after all it doesnt look well on the stats..sure some will say "well if he would complete passes,he wont need to run",im behind brunell all the way this year and he is doing the plays that are sent to him.First down,run,second down run,third down pass then "brunell sucks" when he doesnt make a 80yd bomb to moss,the coaching staff is behind brunell the whole way,so am i ,and if your not and want to flame him go ahead,its really productive to get down on a guy who plays with intensity and wants nothing more than to bring us back a championship.The QB controversy was over long ago its brunell or bust this year,so relax and get behind your team and coaches if not brunell

I think Brunell will throw for 200 yards in Seattle just to prove everybody wrong.

DAMN RIGHT!!! GO BRUNELL...I hate how Brunell is always overshadowed...I love Portis as much as the next HOG, but damn Brunell is a capable and talented QB...He's one of the guys that got us here!!!

Simms gave a good example of a young skilled QB who made a lot of sharp throws and drove the team downfield, but also gets rattled and makes a number of game-changing bad plays. taking them out of FG range twice, sacked several times for not throwing the ball away and losing yardage to kill other drives, and finally not just a tunrover but one that totally kills the game.

Brunell, for all his limitaions, outplayed him by not losing the game like he did.

Thing about Brunell is, dinged or not, his M.O. is 'never LOSE the game'. Hence the frequent throw-aways and 'playing it safe' decisions at key moments.

Like that pick that against an even moderately experienced QB would have resulted in certain defeat?

Also incomplete passes that skip in front of OPEN receivers that would have resulted in first downs (does it get any more 'safe' than that?)

I have no problem anymore with a healthy and POCKET UTILIZING Brunell as he was, ironically, earlier in the year (when we were also losing.)

He's not playing it safe, he's not getting it done. 40 yards passing has NOTHING to do with the D he faced. No one throws for 40 yards passing without getting put in the Jonathan Quinn category and that pick nearly put him there for good.

Thank goodness for our D, huh? I posted numbers that a poster on CPND had up. They do not look good for Brunell. He's just not playing well.

Are we so happy with wins that we can't see that we'd be even BETTER with competent QB play?

You can't complete passes to receivers who are not open.

Jason

Especially when you have no time.

Brunell didnt play great today, but you can hardly blame it all on him. The offensive line didnt block well, the WRs didnt get open, the play calls werent working, etc. Tampa has a good defense, lets move on and hope for better things next week.

I don't know people are so anxious to overlook Brunell's obvious decline. He is not playing as effectively as he has earlier in the year. Have you watched the games recently?

In every game the commentators make observations that Brunell is surprising off-target with his throws. He is injured and should be given a chance to heal if we want to actually do some damage this season.

Healthy Ramsey > Injured Brunell

I don't know people are so anxious to overlook Brunell's obvious decline. He is not playing as effectively as he has earlier in the year. Have you watched the games recently?

In every game the commentators make observations that Brunell is surprising off-target with his throws. He is injured and should be given a chance to heal if we want to actually do some damage this season.

They're going to follow the coach and his handpicked Qb over a cliff. The only thing that would "own" them is Ramsey coming in and throwing for 300 yards after Mark didn't do ____ in a game. Even then, there'll be some excuse. I use to think it was strictly our record (which I'm actually disappointed with, in comparison to a 12-4 mark or even 11-5) but now I realize it's Joe Gibbs kool-aid.

Once Mark loses that imprimatur again, he will be viewed WORSE than Ramsey.

Brunell, for all his limitaions, outplayed him by not losing the game like he did.

i wouldn't go that far! :laugh: simms played winning football imo. both of his INTs were off tipped passes, not bad reads. brunell's int was a bad read imo. anyway its water under the bridge. we won and that's that! :point2sky

i wouldn't go that far. brunell brings some intangibles that ramsey doesn't seem to have. ramsey however is a yardage machine, you know he's going to move the ball.

i firmly believe that we can win with either pat, mark, or scott. however if brunell is injured and his play is limiting the offense, gibbs should make a move.

They're going to follow the coach and his handpicked Qb over a cliff. The only thing that would "own" them is Ramsey coming in and throwing for 300 yards after Mark didn't do ____ in a game. Even then, there'll be some excuse. I use to think it was strictly our record (which I'm actually disappointed with, in comparison to a 12-4 mark or even 11-5) but now I realize it's Joe Gibbs kool-aid.

Once Mark loses that imprimatur again, he will be viewed WORSE than Ramsey.

"They're"? Beware of "them", eh? :silly: Personally, cliffs scare me. Can i just follow them to the play-offs ? j/k

When you're in your this <edited :D > mode ghosty, I think you may not distinguish the variety of positions that don't agree with yours with much clarity...

I know some people here join me in openly seeing how brunell has a lot of limitations, but do feel he's still the best choice overall to lead the team. That doesn't mean that Pat might not be needed and step-in and do great like he did in the Giants.

But this stuff isn't working out barely or otherwise so far by accident of just good fortune, IMV. Look at it this way, ghost: In your POV, when do you go ok, "we should still stay with Mark". Only when the stats and throws are a bigger part of the win? But not now? We should switch NOW? You don't see even see it at least a close-call with trade-offs either way? Because you're offering the impression that only "Gibbsian Kool-aid" drugged fools are still supporting Brunell. :laugh: If we do happen to win another game with such unimpressive QB play iI trust you will still enjoy it as much as I did this one :cheers:

And if we lose and Mark is singled out as to why, I trust you'll make the most of that too. :)

Archived