Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome the team home -- NO EARLIER THAN 11 p.m. at Redskins Park after the game.

SkinsFan64

I gotta say....Hell Of A Thread/Idea!!!! Im heading out of town so I won't be able to be there but I will be there in spirit. I hope this really gets organized and we can get a large crowd to show. These guys really deserve it. I'm 'young' so I don't remember a large part of the glory days (my memory sucks) but I do remember being pulled out of school to march on the mall for our last Superbowl win. Its a memory I'll never forget.

Here's to a great Redskins' team, a great fan base, and a great playoff run!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

HTTR

Ok - it looks like the place to do this will be Redskins Park instead of Dulles airport. I've emailed the Redskins and they've made the suggestion that we gather there.

So, how big a crowd can we drum up for a sendoff on Friday and a welcome home on Saturday night? This could really provide a special lift for the team as they start a long road campaign.

I hope to get more details on Thursday from the Redskins on a bus departure time for Friday and will post that information as soon as I hear.

See you all there!

SkinsFan64

Great idea, and thank you for taking point on this. Just let us know and I for one will be there for both send off and victorious welcome home!

I've never heard of this before... Sounds really cool.

They were great.I went to one as a kid(around 73/74) and it was packed.I met George Allen,Mark Moseley,Dave Butz,Sam Huff,Mike Thomas,Brig Owen and a ton more.I still have the autographs.It was a fun way to meet the players and coaches(in a time when you didnt have to pay a ton of money for a ticket to enter and then more $$$$$ for each auto. ).Allen was great,really nice and Moseley took my pen be accident.Butz and Chris Hanburger then went to him and they play manhandeled him for it back.Butz then put me on his shoulders and carried me around while everyone sang HTTR.I miss those type of meet and greet moments.If they plan on something like this,PLEASE!!! post the info,I would drive down for that...

If we get this going, and we can swing a TV/Dish, We may just tailgate at the park during the game as well !!! If we cannot swing a tv, we will watch the Game at Old Dominion Brewery which is a couple blocks from the park...

Bump this and keep it open.

I'm 99% definitely in for the welcome home (and my niece). As for the send off, all depends on waht time as I work Friday evening and even though my boss is a Redskins fan.. he ain't gonna let me off for this ::grin::

Count me in for the Saturday Welcome Home Tailgate!! Any word on the 4C??

I will speak for me and only me. I haven't talked to the rest of the 4C fella's.

It will kill me to say this but I can't make it. I already have something else going on 8:00 - 4:00 Saturday. I wouldn't be able to leave my house until almost kick off of the game and then I would have to drive about 180 miles one way. I would miss the whole game because it would take about 3 1/2 hours+ to get there depending on traffic.

I hope you guys can pull this off and I will be there in spirit only... :(

Archived