Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome the team home -- NO EARLIER THAN 11 p.m. at Redskins Park after the game.

SkinsFan64

The plan really should be to be at Redskins Park for both sendoff and return. It's safer and easier for everyone. I don't think you'll get a lot of room out at Dulles.

Ashburn!!!!!

:doh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The plan really should be to be at Redskins Park for both sendoff and return. It's safer and easier for everyone. I don't think you'll get a lot of room out at Dulles.

With airport security what it is now it makes much more sense to do it at Redskins Park as long as the Redskins are ok with it.

I will try to make it to both, can't make any promises.

I am hoping that we can do this 4 times this year and be rewarded with a Lombardi and a parade down Pennsylvania Ave.!!!!

So here's to 4 send offs and 4 welcome back parties!!!

Hey Fellow Diehards,

Let's make a big showing at Dulles next Saturday night to welcome home our team - win or lose (I'm sure it will be after a win, though!). This was a routine gesture back in the 70s when George Allen first brought the 'Skins back to prominence and is in keeping with our reputation as the best fans in the NFL.

My parents took my sister and me to Dulles to welcome the team home from a regular season road game at Kansas City in '71 (a loss during which Charley Taylor broke his leg). When the team got off the plane they were greated and cheered by a crowd of 20,000! It was an experience that I've never forgotten.

After the effort Joe and the team have put forth this year they've earned a special show of support from us. Considering we don't have any home games, it is really the only chance we'll have to keep giving them a boost.

Our family will be there and I hope we're joined by a huge crowd of fellow Redskins crazies!

See you there!!!!

SkinsFan64

I would think that getting to a gate (which gate?) to greet them home would be damn near impossible, HOWEVER...greeting them at Redskins Park when they come home sounds like a GREAT idea! Send them off well, Receive them home well! At the same place! I may have to attend both!

:bucsuck:

I will try to make it to both, can't make any promises.

I am hoping that we can do this 4 times this year and be rewarded with a Lombardi and a parade down Pennsylvania Ave.!!!!

So here's to 4 send offs and 4 welcome back parties!!!

Amen Brother! :logo: :point2sky :logo: :point2sky :logo: :point2sky :logo: :point2sky

I will be there for the Friday sendoff.

Pez's idea to meet at the Old Dominion Brewery is a great idea.

I am so there.

Yes Art, please get us all the info we need to do both the sendoff and their return to Redskin Park.

Thanks.

I have no idea where Old Dominion Brewery is, but I'm so in for this! I have Friday off, so I will be spending my day counting seconds!

Now, if we can only get everyone together for the game...

The Sat Welcome Home Party may end up to be another Unofficial ES Tailgate... I am working with people as we speak...

BTW This is at Redskins Park in Ashburn, not at Dulles Airport... It is impossible to access the area the gate they come into, and most likely they have a bus on the runway rather than going "out front" int the arrival pickup zone...

HEre is Old Dominion Brewery/Pub/Restaurant in relation to Redskins Park... I believe they have a lot of TV's setup there... I can call and get details...

BTW... this place has great beer's!!

skinsmeet.jpg

:doh: :doh: Damn, I feel stupid now. So, the plan then would be to watch the game there & then head over to RP after the beatdown on Tampa? Whatever the case, I'm there Friday & Saturday!

The Sat Welcome Home Party may end up to be another Unofficial ES Tailgate... I am working with people as we speak...

BTW This is at Redskins Park in Ashburn, not at Dulles Airport... It is impossible to access the area the gate they come into, and most likely they have a bus on the runway rather than going "out front" int the arrival pickup zone...

Count me in for the Saturday Welcome Home Tailgate!! Any word on the 4C??

:doh: :doh: Damn, I feel stupid now. So, the plan then would be to watch the game there & then head over to RP after the beatdown on Tampa? Whatever the case, I'm there Friday & Saturday!

IF and I say IF arrangements are made with the others, we may be able to tailgate at redskins park and have a TV there... I need to see if I can get all the guys together....

IF and I say IF arrangements are made with the others, we may be able to tailgate at redskins park and have a TV there... I need to see if I can get all the guys together....

You just tell me when & where...& if needbe, how to get there (& no, I don't need directions to Redskins Park :silly: ). I will bring self, wife, possibly mom, & Redskins Pride!

Archived