Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome the team home -- NO EARLIER THAN 11 p.m. at Redskins Park after the game.

SkinsFan64

I will speak for me and only me. I haven't talked to the rest of the 4C fella's.

It will kill me to say this but I can't make it. I already have something else going on 8:00 - 4:00 Saturday. I wouldn't be able to leave my house until almost kick off of the game and then I would have to drive about 180 miles one way. I would miss the whole game because it would take about 3 1/2 hours+ to get there depending on traffic.

I hope you guys can pull this off and I will be there in spirit only... :(

You will be missed!

Hey Fellow Diehards,

My parents took my sister and me to Dulles to welcome the team home from a regular season road game at Kansas City in '71 (a loss during which Charley Taylor broke his leg). When the team got off the plane they were greated and cheered by a crowd of 20,000! It was an experience that I've never forgotten.

SkinsFan64

I was there also, was one of the most unbelievable experiences. The traffic jam getting there was massive. I sure wish I could be there for this one.

We would be there everytime they arrived home and at home games, one problem on "R" part, we live in Kansas..................I can't seem to "wrestle" a tornado to drop us into Redskin Park, so, "R" hearts are there and so are our voices, hear Kansas ROAR.................................................HAIL to the Great Washington Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent an email to Doc Walker to ask him to help publicize the event, but I don't know if he mentioned it on the air today - I didn't get to hear much of the show. I think my brother-in-law sent Steve Czeban a message as well.

If one of the local tv sportscasters mentioned this it would be huge. The Friday sendoff especially, as that will help the team get pumped BEFORE the game. Anybody feel like contacting someone at 4, 5, 7 or 9?

It does sound like a cool idea. If I lived a little closer, I might consider it. Wait a tick, we play on Sat afternoon, so I might be able to make it.

Hopefully we will be there during the game and after till the redskins come rollin in to hear our appreciation!

Hopefully we will be there during the game and after till the redskins come rollin in to hear our appreciation!

Oh man if your there during the game and I don't come till after the game all the wings could be gone!! I may have to reconsider this. :)

Oh man if your there during the game and I don't come till after the game all the wings could be gone!! I may have to reconsider this. :)

IT all depends on if we can get some certain people to show up with their TV/Sat setup... if not the wings will come later

Son't worry, I will save ya some though :)

Also while I went by the post office (right next to Redskin Park) for friday their is a lot of room along the road leading from the park for us to park and stand cheering on. I also considered (since no food is involved and I was yelled out for not having this on 12-24) bringing my hound Gibbs in his full jersey etc. not sure yet but I was yelled at for not having him for the Giants game since I did not stay for the game.

Also while I went by the post office (right next to Redskin Park) for friday their is a lot of room along the road leading from the park for us to park and stand cheering on. I also considered (since no food is involved and I was yelled out for not having this on 12-24) bringing my hound Gibbs in his full jersey etc. not sure yet but I was yelled at for not having him for the Giants game since I did not stay for the game.

Hmmm... Last thing I need is our dog around the wings.... Bugs' is bad enough :laugh:

Archived