Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome the team home -- NO EARLIER THAN 11 p.m. at Redskins Park after the game.

SkinsFan64

Hey Fellow Diehards,

Let's make a big showing at Dulles next Saturday night to welcome home our team - win or lose (I'm sure it will be after a win, though!). This was a routine gesture back in the 70s when George Allen first brought the 'Skins back to prominence and is in keeping with our reputation as the best fans in the NFL.

My parents took my sister and me to Dulles to welcome the team home from a regular season road game at Kansas City in '71 (a loss during which Charley Taylor broke his leg). When the team got off the plane they were greated and cheered by a crowd of 20,000! It was an experience that I've never forgotten.

After the effort Joe and the team have put forth this year they've earned a special show of support from us. Considering we don't have any home games, it is really the only chance we'll have to keep giving them a boost.

Our family will be there and I hope we're joined by a huge crowd of fellow Redskins crazies!

See you there!!!!

SkinsFan64

DATA YOU NEED.

Skins should be at Redskins Park at approximately 12:45 a.m. Sunday. I will update this with more precise times.

Things are a little different these days like security. If you don't have a ticket you cant go to any of the gates.

The welcome home receptions were outside - not at a gate. They even set up a podium and some of the players/coaches said a few words to the crowd.

Ok - it looks like the place to do this will be Redskins Park instead of Dulles airport. I've emailed the Redskins and they've made the suggestion that we gather there.

So, how big a crowd can we drum up for a sendoff on Friday and a welcome home on Saturday night? This could really provide a special lift for the team as they start a long road campaign.

I hope to get more details on Thursday from the Redskins on a bus departure time for Friday and will post that information as soon as I hear.

See you all there!

SkinsFan64

Well since it is about a mile from my house, I think I can make it.... :laugh:

Maybe we can all meet at Dominion Brewery (restaurant/bar/brewery) to centralize and then invade. It is about a 1/4 mile from the park... Huly and I can start organizing if you like...

BTW it is Ashburn... not Dulles...

Take the party to Redskin Park we did it after the Philly game the buses showed up at around 11pm and Coach Gibbs simply loved it. How do I know? Because he said it during live interview at Redskin Park yesterady...on Comcast. So why deal with the airport? It is a great idea? But red tape is a problem so everybody just jamm to Redskin Park and the team and Coaches will be pumped. Someone would just need to keep us posted on time of flight arrival so we can have an idea of time of arrival to Redskin Park. But yeah great idea....

Well since it is about a mile from my house, I think I can make it.... :laugh:

Maybe we can all meet at Dominion Brewery (restaurant/bar/brewery) to centralize and then invade. It is about a 1/4 mile from the park... Huly and I can start organizing if you like...

BTW it is Ashburn... not Dulles...

Sounds like fun. What time do you think the team will make it to the Park?

Take the party to Redskin Park we did it after the Philly game the buses showed up at around 11pm and Coach Gibbs simply loved it. How do I know? Because he said it during live interview at Redskin Park yesterady...on Comcast. So why deal with the airport? It is a great idea? But red tape is a problem so everybody just jamm to Redskin Park and the team and Coaches will be pumped. Someone would just need to keep us posted on time of flight arrival so we can have an idea of time of arrival to Redskin Park. But yeah great idea....

the thing is they charter their flight. it leaves based on when the game is done and they get out of the stadium.

If the game is over by 8:30 then a couple hours in the locker room then getting to the plane, a 2 hour flight, 1/2 an hour to get to the park. So whats that between 1 and 2 am??

We could meet some where beforehand like Pez said then head over to the park.

Great idea Skinsfan64! Win or lose, we need to show this team how much we support them.

Someone please make a sign for all us displaced fans who can't be there. I'd love for them to know that us fans from around the country thank them for one helluva season.

Someone make a sign for me too. Although I am closer to the Park than most, I won't be able to get up there.

Guys, if ES members commit to going out to Ashburn and/or the airport I can work REAL hard to get information as to when and where to go. The team probably rolls out of Ashburn at 3 p.m. on Friday. I can try to find out more precise details of the return as well. If you guys want to arrange this, let's arrange this.

Let's get you local boys out there to show this team off and show them how much you appreciate what they've done this year. That's how we can help this team win Saturday.

There are two events: 1) a sendoff on Friday and 2) a welcome home on Saturday night.

Do we need a separate thread to get the word out for the Friday sendoff? The Redskins are going to let us know their Friday schedule this Thursday and I'll post it here as soon as hear.

Huly and I will definitely be there.... please PM either one of us and we will help get this organized, since we can't make the trip to Tampa....

We will contact local establishments to see where the most viable place to meet up before hand is....

Extremeskins Unofficial Welcome Back Party!!! :laugh:

Take point. Open a thread for the send off on Friday.

I'll rename this thread to the return on Saturday/Sunday morning.

Pez and Huly, get your tailgating stuff warm. Maybe you guys need to have ONE more party for this team on Friday :).

Take point. Open a thread for the send off on Friday.

I'll rename this thread to the return on Saturday/Sunday morning.

Pez and Huly, get your tailgating stuff warm. Maybe you guys need to have ONE more party for this team on Friday :).

Do you think they will let us tailgate there? I wouldn't mind doin some more wings :):silly::D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived