Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TJ's playoff rankings

PotomacSkinsFan

wow--he used to hate us, and now he thinks we've got as good a shot at getting to the superbowl as anyone. He did give us a nice ranking, and he's definately giving us a lot of respect here.

7. Redskins 10-6 Playing as well as any team in the NFC and could get to Detroit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=jackson_tom&id=2277513

The Seahawks will be exposed in the first round of the playoffs. True, Shaun Alexander is a damn good running back, but look at their schedule! They play the Cardinals, Rams, and 49ers twice. Throw in games against Houston, Tennessee, Colts (throw-away game, starters hardly played), and Falcons, and you've got one very nice schedule. They go down, at home, against any of the NFC wildcard teams.

The Seahawks will be exposed in the first round of the playoffs. True, Shaun Alexander is a damn good running back, but look at their schedule! They play the Cardinals, Rams, and 49ers twice. Throw in games against Houston, Tennessee, Colts (throw-away game, starters hardly played), and Falcons, and you've got one very nice schedule. They go down, at home, against any of the NFC wildcard teams.

Well if that is indeed the case, it will most likely be us doing the exposing (which I think is likely to happen). Being the 6th seed in the NFC, if we advance we'd play the Seahawks in round 2, as they have the number 1 seed (and thus, a bye in the 1st round). If we win in Tampa Bay, we head to Seattle for our divisional round playoff game, no question about it.

I actually like our chances there though (think I'd rather play in Seattle than Chicago to be honest - although it is possible we could end up doing BOTH if we want to get to Detroit).

:bucsuck: :panthersu :seahawksu :gaintsuck :bearsuck:

Seattle and Chicago can both be had at home. The Giants are my biggest concern. If they get past Chicago, they could get a home game for the NFC title and they would be tough to beat in NY.

I agree. If we play anywhere near the levels as we did with the Cowpukes or Giants we will beat the Bucs and Seattle. The Giants in NJ will be IMO the killer. Lets just hope that if we do go there we have our entire D-line healthy and Springs 100% because we need to stop Tiki.

Cycopath that video is hilarious man. I wish somebody had the one from the Eagles reciever that ran away from the ball last year. I cant remember which on it was but Im sure everybody remembers it. Sorry my post has nothing to do with this thread. Carry on!!! lol

the ESPN crowd loves the Cowboys and Raiders, must be a real disappointment to them that both failed to make the playoffs again :laugh:

Nothing was funnier than seeing the preseason predictions that Norv's Raiders would be a factor in the AFC West race.

They went 0-6 against the Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs.

Saying that we sucked for the past so many years has worked for him, but this year it didn't keep us out of the post-season. He is just trying a new approach is all.

Uh excuse me but "saying we sucked for the past so many years" seems to be a pretty acurate assessment to me. Can you say we didn't ? It's fine to be a fan, but don't be delusional ! Saying we sucked for a long time is a fairly generous description. Just enjoy the fact that we don't suck anymore, and stop worrying what some "talking head" on TV thinks. 'Skins going to the Super Bowl!!!!

:point2sky

the ESPN crowd loves the Cowboys and Raiders, must be a real disappointment to them that both failed to make the playoffs again :laugh:

Nothing was funnier than seeing the preseason predictions that Norv's Raiders would be a factor in the AFC West race.

They went 0-6 against the Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs.

They had Norvitis. They went 1-11 against the division in his 2 years there. Kinda like his record here.

I'd rank the NFC teams right now as follows:

1Seattle

2Wasington

3Chicago

4NY

5TB

6Carolina (but they have won road games lately)

Archived