Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there was any doubt, there isn't anymore - BYE BYE Lavar Arrington

RedskinzOwnU

Well if thats the case, then Ba bye Chris Cooley. He didn't do anything today either.

And well, Shawn Springs, he got hurt and got a crucial Pass Interference call today. The Eagles were throwing the ball all over our secendary today, and even when he was covering. I guess that spells his last day here as a Redskin!

And Mark Brunell? What was he thinking throwing that interception at the end of the half? He should be gone!

And Clinton Portis? WHy couldn't you get a first down in the fourth quarter? All we needed to do was run the ball to run the clock out and we almost lost it cause you couldn't run. You're not showing up in the big games! You deserve to be cut!!!!

If anybody has read this far, then I hope you realize that I'm not being serious and asking for our team to be cut to pieces like this. But if you're going to challenge Lavar for the mistakes he made today and say he deserves to be cut because of them (EVEN IN LIGHT OF THE TEAM WINNING THE GAME), then I'm gonna have to ask why your rod of discipline isn't being waved towards every player on the team, instead of just the players you dont like???

I don't intend to challenge your pedigree as a fan, but if you'd rather boo the player on the team that you don't like than cheer for the team to victory, then maybe your priorities are incorrect as a fan!!!!!!

LA wont quit, if he didnt make a play, its because he couldnt. He's no Randy Moss, he wont take plays off.

Please understand that you are a fan. Stop being a fanatic. He's pro. All Pro(maybe not this year)

I know him well, and I know he wont quit.

The state of business of the NFL is that these star players get these big contracts. Only thing they really get is whats in signing bonus. They get paid each week like the rest of us.( all be it a hell of alot more). When their contract hits the Cap, thats when a team has to either offer anther contract they really dont mean to pay, or release or trade the player and get their cap down.

I know the only way he wont be there is if they cant work out a deal to get the cap # down.....after the whole signing bounus fiasco last year, dont think LA is in the bargining mood. If he dosnt return then thats the nature of the beast. Deal with it.

And when i see you fighting dbl teaming 300 plus lbs ers coming at your knees and you still can smill at the fact that your team has just made the playoffs for 1st time in 9yrs, then we can talk.

Plus his wife is pregnant, he has alot on his mind ....LOL

"Ima Hold You Down LA"

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This is a great topic to discuss.......

After the postseason

I 100% agree with smitty. we have this team, and only these players. Let's work with what we have. Lavar gives us a much better chance at winning than holdman. Lavar is very important to this defense and to the fans.

Lavar will have a defensive touchdown in the Bucs game (prediction), and that will stop some of these rumblings.

Victory doesn't preclude the discussion of important matters. I've made a number of valid points, if you aren't interested in responding to them, please don't respond to this post. I see the Lavar Lemmings are out in full force today. Heaven forbid I could expect an educated discussion on this site.

No. Heaven forbid you should resist the urge to post a tiresome "look at me I'm such a realist" thread at the most incredibly tone-deaf moment, supported by absolutely nothing---unless of course you've already broken down the coaching films and graded LA's performance.

If you're going to be transparent, people are going to see through you.

I have no problem having an intelligent discussion about this.... but there's an appropriate time and place...

Just as LaVar should not have brought up all the stuff about his relationship with the organization before the end of the season,

Nor should we bring up something that will not be decided until after the season..

Let's do what LaVar should have done in the first place..

Finish the football season first...

And our second season starts Saturday. That is where our focus, as well as the players' focus, should be.

No. Heaven forbid you should resist the urge to post a tiresome "look at me I'm such a realist" thread at the most incredibly tone-deaf moment, supported by absolutely nothing---unless of course you've already broken down the coaching films and graded LA's performance.

Heh. I dunno Om, I viewed this more as a "I'm a miserable **** and I hate life and even in times of joy I'm going to find a way to *****" type post.

WHY,WHY, WHY? Can't we just wallow in the moment for at least one night before being a killjoy? Lavar who? Let's talk about the Redskins damn it! Lavar is part of this team and should be treated like it. He's in the locker room celebrating with his boys right now. Oh let me guess according to you he's already left to plan his sabatoge for next weeks game.

In what was the most meaningful game to this point in his pro career, Lavar Arrington did.....(drumroll please).................NOTHING. He did nothing. He whiffed on what could have been a big sack early in the game, he did nothing to prevent the eagles from running all over his side of the field. I don't blame every run on him, but one would think that an "all-star" multi-million dollar cap consumer linebacker would do - oh, I don't know - maybe SOMETHING of note in the biggest game of his career thus far. His run support was noticeably absent and his pass pressure produced no pressure. The man did nothing. Whether we trade him or just plain get rid of him, this team won't lose anything as far as talent because despite his athletic physique, we get no benefit from his presence on the roster.

I don't want to be a downer, so I'm gonna shout out to some people that earned their salary today, and are far more deserving of arrington's contract. Joe Salavea for staying tough, keeping his cool after that personal foul, and recovering that fumble for the skins. Lemar Marshall for single-handedly engineering his own deflection for an interception. I think one could definitely argue that Lemar is doing a better job at linebacker than arrington, and Washington is clearly superior. So, why do so many people still sniff Lavar's jockstrap? He was the face of the redskins when they were a losing franchise. The skins have a new face now - Gibbs, Portis, Moss, take your pick. There's a reason the coaches don't trust Arrington, and there's a reason he will be gone next season.

Williams found pierce last season, he featured marshall this season. These guys were nobody 2 years ago. I'm quite confident he can find someone to replace arrington before next season, and the cap savings could be used to bring in real talent for years to come.

You're wrong. I saw Lavar bring a lot to the game. He didn't get the amazing stats, but he did help end plays.

In what was the most meaningful game to this point in his pro career, Lavar Arrington did.....(drumroll please).................NOTHING. He did nothing. He whiffed on what could have been a big sack early in the game, he did nothing to prevent the eagles from running all over his side of the field. I don't blame every run on him, but one would think that an "all-star" multi-million dollar cap consumer linebacker would do - oh, I don't know - maybe SOMETHING of note in the biggest game of his career thus far. His run support was noticeably absent and his pass pressure produced no pressure. The man did nothing. Whether we trade him or just plain get rid of him, this team won't lose anything as far as talent because despite his athletic physique, we get no benefit from his presence on the roster.

I don't want to be a downer, so I'm gonna shout out to some people that earned their salary today, and are far more deserving of arrington's contract. Joe Salavea for staying tough, keeping his cool after that personal foul, and recovering that fumble for the skins. Lemar Marshall for single-handedly engineering his own deflection for an interception. I think one could definitely argue that Lemar is doing a better job at linebacker than arrington, and Washington is clearly superior. So, why do so many people still sniff Lavar's jockstrap? He was the face of the redskins when they were a losing franchise. The skins have a new face now - Gibbs, Portis, Moss, take your pick. There's a reason the coaches don't trust Arrington, and there's a reason he will be gone next season.

Williams found pierce last season, he featured marshall this season. These guys were nobody 2 years ago. I'm quite confident he can find someone to replace arrington before next season, and the cap savings could be used to bring in real talent for years to come.

Please...a213.gif

You need to slow your roll my friend. LA is a great talent. Just because GW is scheme happy don't start sniffing his boxers, and trun on a player that was on the verge of greatness before this new regime got here. Franchises demonize star players all the time. For example Ty Law was suppose to be washed up, and now he has 9 int's. Do you think the Pats could use him in the secondary this year? We let Stephen Davis go and the next year he goes to the Super Bowl. Slow your roll. It's obvious there something that smells in Denmark, and it's not LaVar's jock strap. Plus GW is gone. Get over it. Maybe the next guy will want to hold on to LA, or maybe LA was destined to be a cap casualty from the get go. But he's far from washed up. Didn't some people say Joe lost it too??????? You can't base how good LaVar is on one game.

I am tired of these self-annointed 'realist' claims and I finally went after it on another thread. Its a good thing I don't have a magic ban button or my uneven-tempered reactions to certain buzz-words would result in unjust persecution...in at least 1 out of 10 apllications :halo:

Is this thread necessary?! :evil:

He didn't bury anyone today, no. Neither did anyone else. He played his position. So did everyone else. Except for Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor bit against the run fake and cost us a TD. Do I think we should get rid of Sean? Absolutely not.

I suppose if LA was playing to make huge plays today, people like you would be starting new threads about how all LA does is freelance and try to make the big plays, the selfish ****.

LA haters like you say how you are tired of hearing LA talk about himself and that is why you hate him so much, yet you are the ones who are starting the "I Hate Lavar" threads talking about how much you hate LA!!

Give it up!

man i only gotta say 1 thing

SHUT THE HELL UP MAN are you stupid??

Victory doesn't preclude the discussion of important matters. I've made a number of valid points,

Only to yourself.

if you aren't interested in responding to them, please don't respond to this post.

Aye sir!

I see the Lavar Lemmings are out in full force today.

I see you and your "I Hate Lavar" brethren are out in force in this thread.

Heaven forbid I could expect an educated discussion on this site.

There are 46,054,876,392,628,632 "I Hate Lavar" threads on this board. Maybe you could have added your "wisdom" to one of those! And what really is "educated" about hatred of a player?

Archived