Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there was any doubt, there isn't anymore - BYE BYE Lavar Arrington

RedskinzOwnU

In what was the most meaningful game to this point in his pro career, Lavar Arrington did.....(drumroll please).................NOTHING. He did nothing. He whiffed on what could have been a big sack early in the game, he did nothing to prevent the eagles from running all over his side of the field. I don't blame every run on him, but one would think that an "all-star" multi-million dollar cap consumer linebacker would do - oh, I don't know - maybe SOMETHING of note in the biggest game of his career thus far. His run support was noticeably absent and his pass pressure produced no pressure. The man did nothing. Whether we trade him or just plain get rid of him, this team won't lose anything as far as talent because despite his athletic physique, we get no benefit from his presence on the roster.

I don't want to be a downer, so I'm gonna shout out to some people that earned their salary today, and are far more deserving of arrington's contract. Joe Salavea for staying tough, keeping his cool after that personal foul, and recovering that fumble for the skins. Lemar Marshall for single-handedly engineering his own deflection for an interception. I think one could definitely argue that Lemar is doing a better job at linebacker than arrington, and Washington is clearly superior. So, why do so many people still sniff Lavar's jockstrap? He was the face of the redskins when they were a losing franchise. The skins have a new face now - Gibbs, Portis, Moss, take your pick. There's a reason the coaches don't trust Arrington, and there's a reason he will be gone next season.

Williams found pierce last season, he featured marshall this season. These guys were nobody 2 years ago. I'm quite confident he can find someone to replace arrington before next season, and the cap savings could be used to bring in real talent for years to come.

i agree that players should be responsible for their bad play, but lavar shouldnt be any more a villain than lemar or marcus would be if they made those mistakes........

he hasnt stepped it up, hasnt been 100%, blah blah blah, show some loyalty to the players on your team and hope he's 100% for the OTA's

Victory doesn't preclude the discussion of important matters. I've made a number of valid points, if you aren't interested in responding to them, please don't respond to this post. I see the Lavar Lemmings are out in full force today. Heaven forbid I could expect an educated discussion on this site.

Hey, we didn't hear his name called, and I didn't motcie any highlight stuff, but he was out there hustling on a day when many players were up and down. he did his job and we started him. That all looked good to me, and I generally cut Lavar very little slack for the behaviors of his I do feel are objectionable and troublesome. I liked seeing him out there today. It said good things to me about the team.

Lavar I thought had some good pressure today. Also the tackling by the secondary today wasn't good at all. I'm a big Lavar fan but I think he needs to rethink his stategy as far as not restructuring his contract. The Skins could technically hold him until late July before releasing him. No team if they wanted to would have big money by that time. So he'd have to sign a veteran minimum one year tender contract.

Archived