Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there was any doubt, there isn't anymore - BYE BYE Lavar Arrington

RedskinzOwnU

I 100% agree with smitty. we have this team, and only these players. Let's work with what we have. Lavar gives us a much better chance at winning than holdman. Lavar is very important to this defense and to the fans.

Lavar will have a defensive touchdown in the Bucs game (prediction), and that will stop some of these rumblings.

Well, it wasnt a defensive touchdown, but it may as well have been. And, I've noticed that a lot less people have been talking trash about my favorite redskin as of late.

Hope you come back Lavar. Great game. Have another great one next week.

He happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Not necessarily "in position" mind you, but hey, he didn't drop it.

I'm sure Danny loved him for it and will find a way to keep him around. But it wouldn't suprise me if he continued to spend time on the bench while the more focused Holdman plays.

I'm sure Danny loved him for it and will find a way to keep him around. But it wouldn't suprise me if he continued to spend time on the bench while the more focused Holdman plays.

So you're discrediting the fact that he caught it, returned it to the five(and almost fumbled)? :rolleyes:

If I was a hater like you, I'd say Marcus Washington was just in the right place at the right time. Both INT's were off of tipped balls. Its the defenders job to make a play after that, and both Arrington and Washington did.

If you are lucky you may bait one or possibly two. :silly:

So you're discrediting the fact that he caught it, returned it to the five(and almost fumbled)? :rolleyes:

If I was a hater like you, I'd say Marcus Washington was just in the right place at the right time. Both INT's were off of tipped balls. Its the defenders job to make a play after that, and both Arrington and Washington did.

Actually no, that was the only thing that I credited him for. :D

RIDICULOUS. LaVar had a great game! INT, 1 FF, and 10 TACKLES! What more do you want from the guy! I wore my LaVar jersey proudly once again this week.

Holdman was so focused that it took him 4 weeks to get the amount of tackles LaVar just got in ONE GAME.

I was upset at LaVar a few weeks ago but no more. I really hope something can be worked out contractwise and with Gregg Williams where LaVar can be on the Skins next year, plalying in the system, and blowing up people, making big plays like he did last game and like he used to.

I can't imagine why any true Redskins fan would not want this, if the alternative is Warrick Holdman.

Well if thats the case, then Ba bye Chris Cooley. He didn't do anything today either.

And well, Shawn Springs, he got hurt and got a crucial Pass Interference call today. The Eagles were throwing the ball all over our secendary today, and even when he was covering. I guess that spells his last day here as a Redskin!

And Mark Brunell? What was he thinking throwing that interception at the end of the half? He should be gone!

And Clinton Portis? WHy couldn't you get a first down in the fourth quarter? All we needed to do was run the ball to run the clock out and we almost lost it cause you couldn't run. You're not showing up in the big games! You deserve to be cut!!!!

If anybody has read this far, then I hope you realize that I'm not being serious and asking for our team to be cut to pieces like this. But if you're going to challenge Lavar for the mistakes he made today and say he deserves to be cut because of them (EVEN IN LIGHT OF THE TEAM WINNING THE GAME), then I'm gonna have to ask why your rod of discipline isn't being waved towards every player on the team, instead of just the players you dont like???

I don't intend to challenge your pedigree as a fan, but if you'd rather boo the player on the team that you don't like than cheer for the team to victory, then maybe your priorities are incorrect as a fan!!!!!!

see what I said earlier!:point2sky

In what was the most meaningful game to this point in his pro career, Lavar Arrington did.....(drumroll please).................NOTHING. He did nothing. He whiffed on what could have been a big sack early in the game, he did nothing to prevent the eagles from running all over his side of the field. I don't blame every run on him, but one would think that an "all-star" multi-million dollar cap consumer linebacker would do - oh, I don't know - maybe SOMETHING of note in the biggest game of his career thus far. His run support was noticeably absent and his pass pressure produced no pressure. The man did nothing. Whether we trade him or just plain get rid of him, this team won't lose anything as far as talent because despite his athletic physique, we get no benefit from his presence on the roster.

I don't want to be a downer, so I'm gonna shout out to some people that earned their salary today, and are far more deserving of arrington's contract. Joe Salavea for staying tough, keeping his cool after that personal foul, and recovering that fumble for the skins. Lemar Marshall for single-handedly engineering his own deflection for an interception. I think one could definitely argue that Lemar is doing a better job at linebacker than arrington, and Washington is clearly superior. So, why do so many people still sniff Lavar's jockstrap? He was the face of the redskins when they were a losing franchise. The skins have a new face now - Gibbs, Portis, Moss, take your pick. There's a reason the coaches don't trust Arrington, and there's a reason he will be gone next season.

Williams found pierce last season, he featured marshall this season. These guys were nobody 2 years ago. I'm quite confident he can find someone to replace arrington before next season, and the cap savings could be used to bring in real talent for years to come.

Yeah, Lavar will look good in a Seahawks uniform next season!

Victory doesn't preclude the discussion of important matters. I've made a number of valid points, if you aren't interested in responding to them, please don't respond to this post. I see the Lavar Lemmings are out in full force today. Heaven forbid I could expect an educated discussion on this site.

What kind of a punk@ss comment is this? You young man don't show any education whatsoever bringing up this topic @ this time. LaVar made a he!!uva game changing play against the bucs Saturday.

Would you like to reconsider :laugh:

Archived