Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game comments: Skins at Eagles.

Art

It's not over and I ain't slacking off, but for me this was the final step where I could say we had the seasod I hoped for and more. I'm happy about what we have done with no qualifications, though we all know there's plenty to work on.

So many teams never have the privilege of having someone like Joe Gibbs lead their organization. We've enjoyed it not once, but twice. The fact that he turned around a franchise that was so bad in between his coaching stints in just two years is just amazing.

This year has been so dramatic on so many fronts. Week #2, a storybook rally to rip the hearts out of the Dallas Cowboys. They said it was a fluke. But when they came to our house, we said 35-7!!!

After a 3-0, we struggled to a 2-6 middle of the season. At 5-6, we were left for dead as the national media jumped back on the Cowboy's jock. I guess they simply forgot. If Joe Gibbs needs to win five straight games, Joe Gibbs wins five straight games.

Two victories over the Cowboys, snapping a 10-year losing streak at Texas Stadium, and OFFICIALLY knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs today. I really can't ask for much more.

What an amazing run. And unlike 12 of the last 13 years, IT'S NOT OVER!!!

We owe Tampa. They stole that 1999 playoff game from us -- a good snap and we're in the NFC championship game. They stole the regular season game from us this year. (Alstott, you were not in, and this time we'll make DAMN sure of it!) We owe Tampa, and we're going to get ours. Mark my words.

There are so many people to thank for this incredible season: Joe Gibbs (again), Big Joe, Marcus Washington, Sean Taylor, Moss, Portis, BRUNELL!!!, our O-line, PHILLIP FREAKIN' DANIELS, Greg Williams, Springs...I can't go through everybody, but thanks to the whole organization, top to bottom.

My God it feels good to be a Redskin fan again. :helmet:

This game went pretty much the way it should have gone. The dirty birds were loose and relaxed, they had nothing to play for and they could go for it all the time. The Skins were tight, because one missed tackle, dropped pass or turnover could have ended the season. In the second half the Skins D sucked it up and did its job and the offense did just enough to win.....Here we come Tampa!!:logo:

Skins picked up the game in the 4th, lets hope they keep it up through the playoffs. I was happy with the sweep of Dallas, I was happy to have a winning season, now I'm extremely happy the Skins are in the playoffs. Way to go! Thank you Gibbs and company!!

I really don't have the words. I'm simply making a cameo to share this moment with the rest of you special folks. I'm....... walking on air.

Thank you, Joe Gibbs. Thank you Greg Williams. Thank you Mark "Lightfoot" Brunell. Thank you Clinton Portis. Thank you Daniel Snyder. (Yes!)

Thank you Washington Redskins.

:point2sky :logo: :helmet: :point2sky :applause:

I really don't have the words. I'm simply making a cameo to share this moment with the rest of you special folks. I'm....... walking on air.

Thank you, Joe Gibbs. Thank you Greg Williams. Thank you Mark "Lightfoot" Brunell. Thank you Clinton Portis. Thank you Daniel Snyder. (Yes!)

Thank you Washington Redskins.

:point2sky :logo: :helmet: :point2sky :applause:

Chach baby!!!!!!!!!!!! CP got his record! Moss got his record! We are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :point2sky

Speakin of Brunell i just remembered that 12 yard run he had on third down...left me almost speechless. We need a first down to run some time off the clock and he comes up huge and it's not the first time he's done that this year. What a great play!

The team fought back from a lackluster first half to seize this victory. Clinton Portis and the defense really came throught in the second half. We need the secondary to get healthy for next week, particularly Shawn Springs. He's a trooper.

Playoffs!!! :logo:

What a cardiac skins game. The Skins of old (the last 9 years or so) wouldn't have had a chance.

These guys got heart, character and tenacity.

Thank you Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams...

The further we go.. more chance other teams will hurry up and sign a coach before they bother with GW (although hoping what we've heard here regarding Snyder and $$$ and future HC of Redskins is true).

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'll tell ya'll this: The Bucs can be had. Living in Tampa as I do, I see every one of their games on TV, and they have weaknesses. I think the 'Skins match up well against them, and now that the 'Skins have this iffy game out of the way, the Skins'll be ready...but now I need tickets.

I'll be so amped next Saturday...

Coming into this game I knew that it was going to be a fight to the finish. Yes the Eagles were decimated with injuries but I knew they would not let the Skins run over them. What I was afraid of came true in the first half when I didn't see the same intensity they showed against Dallas and NY. These Redskins are different though and I knew the halftime adjustments they would make would end up being the difference in the game. Thank you Redskins, all the fans here on this board for making this last month unforgettable. I have never cheered so loud in my life when ST took that fumble for a TD. Knowing that we knocked Dallas out of the playoffs makes this 100xs better.

Archived