Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game comments: Skins at Eagles.

Art

Our offense struggled most of the game, which is definitely something to worry about. Good thing our D came up BIG and picked up so many turnovers. Hopefully the secondary (and Brunell and anyone else injured) will get healthy this week. We are in bad need of a solid #2 WR. Cooley should be a compliment at that position, but he shouldn't be relied on as the main receiver next to Moss.

HAIL SKINS - Beat the Bucs!!!!

Hey, a great win... but I'm very concerned about the lack of production on offense. When Moss is double and triple teamed an Cooley is virtually out of comission we've got no 2nd or 3rd receiver. Where is the quick slant? That would be a great route for Thrash or Jacobs to run, but it never happens. We need receivers!

By the way... I checked the message boards for Tampa and they are already talking about when they get by Washington and go to play Chicago. I hope we kick their butts!:laugh:

WAY TO GO REDSKINS !!!!!!!!!!:wavetowel

REDSKINS 31

EAGLES 20

All together now!!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS !!!! HAIL TO VICTORY!!!!!!!!

BRAVES ON THE WARPATH FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!!!!!!!!!!

Today is a great day, REDSKINS beat Philly and by doing so, we keep dallas

out of the playoffs. Gotta Love It. :helmet:

(((((((((( HOW ABOUT THEM REDSKINS ))))))))))))

THEY SAID THE GAME HAD PASSED JOE GIBBS BY BUT GUESS WHAT HE HAS GOT THE SKINS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 YEARS

THE SKINS WERE INCREDIBLE IN THE 4TH AND THE D TOOK OVER THE GAME

PROPS TO JOE GIBBS AND ALL THE PLAYERS, ITS ON TO TAMPA AND CHUCKY

CCCYA IN TAMPA BABY:eaglesuck

What a great win! I admit I was starting to get a little nervous when the 'Skins fell behind 17-7 but they pulled it together and got the job done.

The Redskins are going to the playoffs! And seeing Clinton Portis and Santana Moss set single-season records made the win all the more sweeter.

I am looking forward to Saturday.

I left for Philly at 9am this morning after being up until 5am last night.. and I just got home. And holy crap it was worth it!!!

I have to admit Lincoln Financial is a nicer stadium than Fedex and most of the Eagles fans were tame.. but whatever, we're in the playoffs and I can't WAIT to get our revenge in Tampa!

I am physically exhausted. That was an incredible rollercoaster. I love Brunell, but still question playing him the whole game. If he was healthy, I truly believe we'd have destroyed them. But, we won, so I'm wrong and, of course, the great Coach Gibbs is right. I love it when i'm this wrong.

LOL.....Yeah, I love it when your that wrong too!

My brain is tired.

And my Portis jersey is in dire need of a good washing!

Hail!:point2sky

Just like in the two games before this one our Redskins have given this Northeast Texas boy something more to brag about. Beating the Cowboys twice this year and the big win over the Gaints last week then digging down deep to pull off this game and knock Dallas out of the playoffs. I love it, way to go Redskins. Thanks alot to Joe Gibbs and company. Work hard we have to beat Tampa.

rmilton Paris,Texas

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! HAIL TO THE FAITHFUL RESKINS FANS!!!!

Right there with you stevenaa, totally spent after the rollercoaster that has been the 2005/2006 season…

A great day indeed for sure paulwhy!!

You hit it on the head DieselPwr44 … “This game.....damn...every single emotion a fan could go through, I went through. Hard fought division battle with the playoffs hanging in the balance and we reach down deep and pull it out. Damn this feels great!!!” Absafreakinloutely!

Proud IS the WORD playoffsplz

With you too rtbasye, thanks for sharing your second half emotion… I was doing the exact same jig…

Go get that tattoo DeeNJeff01! And the post a pic here! Might inspire me to do the same!

Forgive me for any excess, but this has been a day to be relished and cherished as a die-hard Skins fan.

I had to put down in words what this has all meant to me, so please allow me to share with you fellow fans what this all means to me.

Save the 3 Super Bowl seasons, today’s win and this regular season was as good as it gets for this ol Skins fan!!

Being a lifelong 40 year old fan, I'm as giddy as I'm sure all of the longtime Skins faithful are. For those of us cronies that have been around long enough to enjoy the past Gibbs era and the 3 Super Bowl seasons, we have been a fortunate and rewarded group of fans.

That excellence created high hopes and high expectations that have led to much disappointment and frustration since Gibbs temporarily retired in 93. What a trying 12 years!

I grew up in New Mexico and many of my good buddies are die-hards Boys fans. Considering that rivalry and whipping boy beat-down I’ve endured for the (now over) Boys domination period, it’s been a ***** of a decade being a serious no-BS Skins faithful.

One of my best buddies, who is a lifelong Boys fan, understandably wounded, belittled Gibbs post-game words after the MNF win in Dallas as silly, discounting the magnitude of the win. He further mocked Snyders exuberant gestures at the winning Brunell-Moss TD as looking like a Sissy.

An interesting article I read this week gave our “Sissy Boy” owner credit for convincing Gibbs to trade Coles for Moss instead of letting Coles just go on waivers. If true, our “sissy” owner gets the ultimate revenge on the Boys Bullies.

The win in Dallas on MNF was a monster monkey off the back… when I saw the reaction of Gibbs at the end and heard his comments afterwards, I was all the more assured that the years of frustration and disappointment were over…. Our greatest ever General was back at the helm and all was well in DC.

When Gibbs signed back on, it was an incredible feeling of comfort and reassurance to me. I have the utmost respect, admiration, and confidence in the man. I aspire to his greatness. A man among men IMHO.

Some doubts arose from time to time but they were always borne out of the last 12 years of frustration that we Skins faithful have endured.

After this epic gut-check, five-game do-or-die run to the playoffs, I will never again be so weak. Hail to the Redskins and Hail to Joe Gibbs!

Kudos to Williams too. Though his schemes didn’t always work and let a few games get away, it was his D that also made the turnaround possible.

Cheers to the Skins D! Every single player, down to the guys that filled in tonight and kept the Eagles from spoiling the party…

Kudos to the offensive studs like Brunell, Portis, Moss, and Cooley. Also unsung heroes like Cartwright, Betts, and Thrash who pulled us through some tough spots with big plays and crucial first downs.

To our linemen, on both side of the ball, you are the guys that make it all possible! Way to hang in to the end!

Congrats to every single player and all the Redskins staff!

Congrats to all of you Redskins fans!

What a season!

:dallasuck

HAAAAAAA! Right with you there KentuckySkinsFan!

It was gone midnight here in England, when the Skins gave it them Eagles. All the way through the game, I don't know HOW, but I Just KNEW that the Skins would win.

To come from behind 17-7 down and win against ANY team is an achievement. I think the players need to remember this during the game against Tampa. I was in Florida for the game against Tampa in WK10 - the Skins were ripped off. Home decisions galore. BUT, on the positive side - they game back from a huge deficit in that game and the bad-losing Tampa fans were leaving the stadium with 3.37 left because the Skins actually took the lead.

I don't think the Skins have anything to fear against Tampa - they just gotta come out of that tunnel and play 100% from the start. NO Mistakes. Score against Tampa - and keep them 10 to 14 points down all the way through the game. ATTACK is the best form of defence.

I know the Skins can do it. It will be 9.30PM here in England Saturday night and I shall be watching. I would like to congratulate the whole team and in particular, Mark Brunel - who showed true courage - Santana Moss & Clinton Portis - who played superb - and that Defense - MAN! If you get that many turnovers EVERY game - you may go all the way. I think the Skins could be a good outside bet, if they can get through the game Saturday.

Best wishes to all in the USA and to Coach Gibbs and the VERY BEST of luck to the team for Saturdays war - because it will be a war.

Regards, William.

What a game!

There were Eagles fans all around me yelling "Redskins suck!" You know, if the Eagles had lost every game coming into this one, they'd still yell that. What a bunch.

It was such a relief when Portis ran that 22 yard TD. I've lived up here (South Jersey) over 25 years (and remained loyal to my hometown Redskins) and seen the Eagles come back mysteriously, so many times, when they should have lost. So, I was a bit edgy when the 4th quarter started and we still trailed. However, when Detmer came in I knew we had it. I've met Detmer a few times. When you look at him, you'd say "He's an NFL quarterback? Get in the weight room!" I knew we'd make him fumble somehow. That was a great moment.

All game long the defense was doing an adequate job against the run. But the Eagles pride themselves on being a passing team. I was worried when I saw those medium length passes being completed. It meant a Go route or a post route was coming soon. When Springs went down, my heart sank. Christian Morton, #35, came in and played admiribly though. Sean Taylor. What can you say but, Sean Taylor!

As for the offense, Clinton Portis is definitely for real. The line is blocking. The scheme works. What a great trade Gibbs made, huh? L. Coles for SanTANA MOSS! What a player! Defenses have to respect him when he's on the field. The Eagles were in man coverage on him most of the game. And, they had the audacity to play (or try to play) bump and run on him. He has the best releases I've ever seen for a receiver. I wish I could show some of the kids I coach, his moves. He's a great example. Hell, even Thrash made a catch. Great to see him making plays. Ladell Betts, a steady reliever, a keeper. Did you see Brunell make that 3rd down run? And he didn't hook slide either. Way to go Mark! Show 'em what you're workin' with!

Skins beat the Eagles in Philly! Skins in the playoffs!

AND ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

I haven't seen my Skins get this much play in the Philly media in years! I love it! Keep it up you guys!

GO REDSKINS, FOREVER! :logo:

Congrats Skins!

Joe Gibbs looked intensely cool throughout the last 3 min. of the game.

He had a look on his face that screamed...

" I know this feeling,I've been here before & now it's time to go for 4!!!!"

God Bless you Joe Gibbs & good luck on ring number 4 !

I gotta speak out on this Eagles game for a minute.....

We looked like a tired team out there for much of the game. Understandably so after the emotional weeks we've had leading up to this game. For whatever reason, the Eagles were all over some of our bread and butter plays, most notably the dump passes to Cooley on 3rd downs and the WR screen pass we tried to Moss. That's got to be a concern going into next week. Our we becoming predictable or our we tipping plays off? I'm thrilled to be going to the playoffs, but, I worry about this team wearing down. I'm sure Joe will figure out a way to recharge them and have them ready for Saturday. On a positive note, we forced several turnovers and didn't make many. That's how you win when you don't have your "A" game. Maybe we just came out a little tight with all that was at stake.

Now on to Tampa, this is what we wanted, a chance at revenging that BS loss.

Way to play team!!

You guys did it!!!

Wow!!!

No matter how the playoff unfolds, a great season ...

Made the playoffs

10-6 regular season record

5-1 division record

Sweep the Cowboys

Sweep the Eagles

Split with the Giants

Portis sets Redskins single season rushing yards record

Moss sets Redskins single season passing yards record

:applause:

You guys are all winners. :cheers:

Good luck in the playoffs.

Archived