Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wise - After a Shove, a Fall From Grace (Lavar Shouting Match w/Coach after Sat game)

JimmiJo

WTF. I sat here for the last three hours dipping in and out of threads, thinking about Philly. Trying to find a rey of light in the Lavar madness. The GW comments on Redskins.com where encouraging. Then this comes out. Lavar wasn't quoted once in this article. A player in the lockeroom said he wasn't out of line. Yet the only posts in this thread are anti Lavar. I have more respect for UnWise Mike than I do for the guy from the Times. Wise even says that Lavar is not blameless in this whole thing. He is guilty of wearing his heart on his sleeve and being bad with words. But for the love of God can you not see that this organization is doing it again?

Then on Channel 4 they showed Phillip Daniels supporting Lavar, but he looked over his shoulder everytime he wanted to say something nice about Lavar. He said Lavar has been playing great for us, but he had to make sure that the wrong people weren't watching him. This is out of hand. Lav Coles, Stephen Davis and Champ Bailey may have been on to something. All of this is happening basically because Lavar got hurt. Stay healthy Portis, Stay healthy MW, stay healthy Santanna because this organization will turn on you. This is way different than what the Patriots do. The Patriots support their players and when it comes time to cut a player they just do it. They don't play these dam games that we play.

why does everyone hate lavar? no, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can make a big impact. I just want to believe that this offseason everything will get handled and lavar will be back, but it looks less and less like that is going to happen. It seems like everyone treats him like the reason the redskins haven't been that good the past few years. I agree on some points, that lavar doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and going to the media doesn't solve anything, but it seems like fans are ready to run him out of town. Lavar isn't a selfish, me first player, like some of you make him out to be. I'm tired of this situation as well, but i can't believe how you guys want to kick his ass out of town, and get someone else. Do you really think Warrick Holdman is the replacement who can do better than Lavar? If he leaves, and he went on to play for another team, i wouldn't be suprised if he became a superstar again, just like other ex-redskins.

I had no problems with Lavar until this week.

He granted the Times an interview at his house on Monday, then apparently said something to the Post on Wednesday according to this piece..

Philly is waiting to keep them out of the playoffs, and he's doing interviews about how much his p*ssy hurts. Couldn't he keep his mouth shut for one more week at least? Was that so hard? And if they make the playoffs, keep keeping his mouth shut until the friggin season is actually over. There's no call for this BS at this point in time.

It's a distraction to everyone in the organization especially the players and coaching staff.

If he honestly thought he got booed because of the team record and not his contract nonsense, then his ego is already too far out-of-control.

Exactly!!! It had nothing to do with the record. The stupidity of his claims against the team - that's what generated the boo-birds in the arena.

I mean, give me a break. We're on the verge of making the playoffs after such a long drought, and this moron is only thinking about himself. "Oh, I'm treated so bad". Call up the Staple Singers and get them to pen and perform the Lavar Arrington soundtrack. Geez. I want him out of Ashburn NOW!

I'm a huge Lavar fan. Still am right now. But I am severely disappointed in what I am reading these days. Some things, I believe, should best be left unsaid. Or at least said to those involved behind closed doors. It's a matter of respect. This is why those who coach him practice just that.

Every night is a new and strange twist to this deal.

I view this as a war for the hearts and minds of 'Skins fans. In the midst of everyone being totally focused and psyched for a huge game, we have guerilla media tactics being employed.

But I don't think the team, or most fans are falling for it. I know I'm not. Haven't lost a wink yet.

BTW - I love the manner in which Gibbs and Williams have handled it.

I prefer 9-6 and treating LaVar like garbage to 5-11 treating him like the man. Who's with me?

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both?

Why can't we field a good competitive team and not treat LaVar like garbage?

What people seem to gloss over is that in the shouting match it was the prick Dale Lindsey who went over board and got personal much more so than LaVar. Seems to me, those in the lockerroom who witnessed it were sympathetic to LaVar and felt that once again members of this defensive staff are riding way more than needed.

At this point I'm tired and disgusted with the whole thing. I wish LaVar the best in whatever he desides to do after the season and I realize now that it will most likely not be playing for the Redskins.

I will remain a Redskin fan first and foremost and root for the team as much as I ever did. This of course won't change the fact that we have a bunch of serious pricks and a-holes on the defensive staff.

:eaglesuck

If he leaves, and he went on to play for another team, i wouldn't be suprised if he became a superstar again, just like other ex-redskins.

The point is that a JGibbs team HAS NO superstars....you may have players that are "first among equals" but no "its all about ME" superstars. LA is not comfortable in that milieu. Yes, he may go to another team and shine as an individual player, but that completely misses the point of the culture shift in the redskins. Who happen to be WINNING right now. And LA is NOT a major contributor to that currently, and in fact is digging his own grave.

All I really want is for our guys to just ignore all this crap and take care of business. Even as focused as I'm sure they are, this kind of stuff can pile up to where it gets into your head even when you're dead-set against paying it attention. Its too bad they even have to deal with it and that the whole town isn't able to just focus on enjoying what's happening here. Just think:there's really only one damn reason we have any BS going on right now at all.

They only do it to sell newpapers, until Gibbs comes out and confirms all of this I say it's bull.

I wouldn't expect a comment from Gibbs or any of the coaches until after the game this weekend. Gibbs & Co. possess a little something that's lost on Lavar, it's called 'class', something a million articles by UnWise Mike, Sally Jenkins and the rest of the scorned Post writers will never understand.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't it be both?

Why can't we field a good competitive team and not treat LaVar like garbage?

What people seem to gloss over is that in the shouting match it was the prick Dale Lindsey who went over board and got personal much more so than LaVar. Seems to me, those in the lockerroom who witnessed it were sympathetic to LaVar and felt that once again members of this defensive staff are riding way more than needed.

At this point I'm tired and disgusted with the whole thing. I wish LaVar the best in whatever he desides to do after the season and I realize now that it will most likely not be playing for the Redskins.

I will remain a Redskin fan first and foremost and root for the team as much as I ever did. This of course won't change the fact that we have a bunch of serious pricks and a-holes on the defensive staff.

All that you cite to support your argument is "according to UnWise Mike." I can't make out if he was in the locker room for the argument, or was told of it.

He obviously spoke to LaVar as he describes speaking to him in the locker room and on Wednesday (and this description along with Elfin coming out and clarifying that the interview took place on Monday demonstrates that ES is being read by these writers for impact. Nowhere else I saw were folks questioning when the interview took place but here).

A player in a gameday dispute with his position coach........shocking!!!!! :silly:

Pick your favorite cliche:

a) Tempest in a teapot

B) It's not a party until somebody cries

Plenty of time to sort all this out later. For now, strap it up & play some ball....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

P.S. I don't know what assignments LA is supposed to have missed but thank God he stayed with the full-back in the flat on Eli's rollout. The Giants - and just about everyone else - have made fools of the 'Skins D on that play for longer than I care to remember.

I wouldn't expect a comment from Gibbs or any of the coaches until after the game this weekend. Gibbs & Co. possess a little something that's lost on Lavar, it's called 'class', something a million articles by UnWise Mike, Sally Jenkins and the rest of the scorned Post writers will never understand.

I agree totally, no one player is above the team, as great as some players may be the team comes first.

Can't wait to hear all of you crying when he's a beast somewhere else! The guy wants to stay a Skin for life and you guys are turning on him!!! Imagine what he's going through. It's got to be frustrating knowing that you can help the team and be watching on third and long. I've met the guy several times, seen him interact with fans DOZENS of times- he's a CLASS act. He bleeds burgendy and gold. The timing of the article is suspect- but he gets hurt and the next thing you know it's "lets prove we don't need him" rather then "can't wait to have him back." I really do feel bad for the guy. No amount of money that he makes will make up for the last year and a half where his life has fallen apart on the field. The organization that he LOVES is telling him he's no longer needed. I hope that this is part of some greater scheme to motivate him. I hope that he's a Redskin for life.

I know we're just going to be on different wavelengths on this deal, scruffy. I really like the D staff, even their personalities to the extent I can read them, and I notcie the rest of the team seems to dig and respect them, but I have become more and more pizzed at Lavar for providing the dysfunction junction of distraction this year.

The best medicine for all of this is winning, and maybe somehow these coaches, including the ones you don't like, will find a way to make this all work out better than we can imagine, inclusive of Lavar.

I know we're just going to be on different wavelengths on this deal, scruffy. I really like the D staff, even their personalities to the extent I can read them, and I notcie the rest of the team seems to dig and respect them, but I have become more and more pizzed at Lavar for providing the dysfunction junction of distraction this year.

The best medicine for all of this is winning, and maybe somehow these coaches, including the ones you don't like, will find a way to make this all work out better than we can imagine, inclusive of Lavar.

You're talking about the same guy that played Warrick Holdman ahead of LaVar. Arrington at 75% is better than a 100% Holdman.

WTF. I sat here for the last three hours dipping in and out of threads, thinking about Philly. Trying to find a rey of light in the Lavar madness. The GW comments on Redskins.com where encouraging. Then this comes out. Lavar wasn't quoted once in this article. A player in the lockeroom said he wasn't out of line. Yet the only posts in this thread are anti Lavar. I have more respect for UnWise Mike than I do for the guy from the Times. Wise even says that Lavar is not blameless in this whole thing. He is guilty of wearing his heart on his sleeve and being bad with words. But for the love of God can you not see that this organization is doing it again?

Then on Channel 4 they showed Phillip Daniels supporting Lavar, but he looked over his shoulder everytime he wanted to say something nice about Lavar. He said Lavar has been playing great for us, but he had to make sure that the wrong people weren't watching him. This is out of hand. Lav Coles, Stephen Davis and Champ Bailey may have been on to something. All of this is happening basically because Lavar got hurt. Stay healthy Portis, Stay healthy MW, stay healthy Santanna because this organization will turn on you. This is way different than what the Patriots do. The Patriots support their players and when it comes time to cut a player they just do it. They don't play these dam games that we play.

I must agree, every one wants to win no matter the cost. Every one preaches team first but turn a blind eye to the way the organization treats the players.

Lavar has definitely done his share but I believe Snyder is a snake and has done his fair share of backstabbing. Just because Danny boy does it behind closed doors does not make it right.

Too many "core" players have chosen to hit the door and none of them have had good things to say about the way the organization has treated them. I just hope JG can not only turn the team around but can also return honor and dignity to the Redskin name.

Maybe it's too late for Lavar, the situation has gone on too long and there is no way to resolve except for a cordial goodbye. I do agree with most of you though, the timing couldn't be worse.

Can't wait to hear all of you crying when he's a beast somewhere else! The guy wants to stay a Skin for life and you guys are turning on him!!! Imagine what he's going through. It's got to be frustrating knowing that you can help the team and be watching on third and long. I've met the guy several times, seen him interact with fans DOZENS of times- he's a CLASS act. He bleeds burgendy and gold. The timing of the article is suspect- but he gets hurt and the next thing you know it's "lets prove we don't need him" rather then "can't wait to have him back." I really do feel bad for the guy. No amount of money that he makes will make up for the last year and a half where his life has fallen apart on the field. The organization that he LOVES is telling him he's no longer needed. I hope that this is part of some greater scheme to motivate him. I hope that he's a Redskin for life.

A person that bleeds burgundy and gold does not put himself first, it all started with his contract, then it was his injury, then playing time and what next? If he goes elsewhere then let him be the beast that he brags himself to be, but if he was a true Redskin then he would keep his mouth shut and play Redskin football. Not " I sell more jerseys in the stands then anyone on the team " crap, he's selfish and if getting rid of him helps us get to the SB then I say see ya later.

Archived