Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal events in new house???

Johnny Punani2

Check this out...

Never heard of this happening before with a new contruction but I and some other people in my family has had some weird things happen since we have moved into this house. I noticed some strange noises on the first floor while I was downstairs watcing TV at night (split level house). Loud bangings like someone was walking around upstairs and contributed it to our two cats running around and didn't think anything of it.

Well, about a week ago while my wife was at work and my two sons were in bed I heard what I thought was my youngest son Braeden yell "mommy". So, I go up to their bedroom to check on them and both are sound asleep. I thoguht that was strange and told my wife and she said it was prob him talking in his sleep. That was what prob happened so I blow it off.

Well today I talked to my wife at work and she tells me that it happened again at 630am. She was half asleep and heard my sons playing in their room and my youngest son Braeden call for her but when she got up and went into the room they were both sound asleep. My wife's mom who stayed overnight said today she heard someone walking around in the kitchen/dining room and a man talking. My wife said she never got up at all last night and I was at work.

Am I jumping to conclusions or do you think I should investigate it more?

That is strange, especially since others in your family have heard the same thing

If it keeps up, you may want to get in touch with someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about

Religious authorities? Eh, probably not. I am sure there is some paranormal expert at UVA who would salivate at investigating this

That is strange, especially since others in your family have heard the same thing

If it keeps up, you may want to get in touch with someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about

Religious authorities? Eh, probably not. I am sure there is some paranormal expert at UVA who would salivate at investigating this

The builder who built my house lives next door to me. I am going to ask him if he has anymore info about who owned this land before him and if there is any history connected to it.

I do know that this area was the main Confederate encampment (Mine Run) for the Battle of the Wilderness which was the first battle between Lee and Grant.

Where was the house constructed? It may be the land or area your house is built on that is the source rather than the house itself.

If it is anything that was I think the problem is. The house is brand new we are the first people to live here. The area is a 4 lot subdivision that is about 8 acres. Each lot has two acres and they are all wooded lots. I think the builder bought the 8 acres from the person who owns a 10 acre lot next to the subdivision. It was from a old woman who up until her husband died didn't even know he owned the land. He owned the land for a long time 40+ yrs but never did anything with it.

GREAT!! My wife and I are having a house built a mile from the Antietam Battlefield in Maryland. Now I'm gonna have to sell the s**t. j/k

I looked this up if it gets to this point.

(MD-PIC) Maryland Paranormal Investigators Coalition - http://www.marylandparanormal.com

The Center for Paranormal Research and Investigation - http://www.virginiaghosts.com

Let us know what happens.

Check this out...

Well, about a week ago while my wife was at work and my two sons were in bed I heard what I thought was my youngest son Braeden yell "mommy". So, I go up to their bedroom to check on them and both are sound asleep. I thoguht that was strange and told my wife and she said it was prob him talking in his sleep. That was what prob happened so I blow it off.

It might be that your kids are dreaming. Have you ever heard someone vocalize during their dream? "Talking in your sleep". I hear strange banging sounds at my house to occasionally. Could be anything. Meteorite, wind, branches of trees...etc.... But if your kid starts chanting "REDRUM REDRUM"----

RUN LIKE HELL.

I think your kids are probably just talking in their dreams, I used to do it all the time. You probably just have The Fear, but yeah if it is bugging you just put some cameras and tape recorders, maybe you can find the source. Other strange noises could be anything, the materials of the house could be expanding or contracting because of different tempretures, or the wind knocking branches into your house or a bunch of other things. The problem is you don't know what the source is and the "unknown" is the source of everyone's greatest fears. Of course, now that you are paying attention to all the "unusual things" even seemingly ordinary things you wouldn't care about will be noticed, which will make The Fear even more powerful.

I think your kids are probably just talking in their dreams, I used to do it all the time. You probably just have The Fear, but yeah if it is bugging you just put some cameras and tape recorders, maybe you can find the source. Other strange noises could be anything, the materials of the house could be expanding or contracting because of different tempretures, or the wind knocking branches into your house or a bunch of other things. The problem is you don't know what the source is and the "unknown" is the source of everyone's greatest fears. Of course, now that you are paying attention to all the "unusual things" even seemingly ordinary things you wouldn't care about will be noticed, which will make The Fear even more powerful.

This is especially true, because when I was a kid(think around 5 or 6) I used to be so scared of the dark. :laugh: I'd run up and down the stairs at night because I swear something was following me up the stairs. One night I said to heck with it and walked slowly up the stairs and turned to stare into the darkness, and guess what? Nothing was there!

Stop watching the X-Files reruns Johnny.

BOO!!

Well, it is new construction. It may have to do a lot with the settling of the house. That and maybe your son talks in his sleep.

What about the possibility of someone coming in your house?

Definitely check it out, especially the chance someone is tresspassing in your house. (I doubt that's the case.)

But who knows, maybe there is a....um.....eh......

I don't know. Neat story though. Hope all turns out well!

Check this out...

Never heard of this happening before with a new contruction but I and some other people in my family has had some weird things happen since we have moved into this house. I noticed some strange noises on the first floor while I was downstairs watcing TV at night (split level house). Loud bangings like someone was walking around upstairs and contributed it to our two cats running around and didn't think anything of it.

Well today I talked to my wife at work and she tells me that it happened again at 630am. She was half asleep and heard my sons playing in their room and my youngest son Braeden call for her but when she got up and went into the room they were both sound asleep. My wife's mom who stayed overnight said today she heard someone walking around in the kitchen/dining room and a man talking. My wife said she never got up at all last night and I was at work.

Just on a side note, do you think your kids are playing you? Occam's Razor.

BTW, if it is a ghost, try to ask it what it is made of :laugh:

I wouldn't even have posted anything if it was just hearing one of my sons yell "mommy". My youngest son Braeden who is 2 1/2 does talk in his sleep and he has done it in the past. However, when he talk in his sleep he is usually very close to waking up and when we check on him he will wake up when you open the door. Like I said, I really didn't think anything of it when it first happened and thought like many others that he was just talking in his sleep.

What I find strange is the movement sounds and what my wife's mom describe as a male voice talking in the kitchen. She wouldn't lie about something like that and I dunno how you can logically explain that. I still think you should take a skeptic's approach to it and try to find the most logical answer.

I am going to try and find out the history of the land and take some digital pics and EVPs to see if I find anything. If I do I will post them on here so everyone can check them out.

It should be easy enough to trace the history of land through county records fairly far back to see if there had been any dwelling or buildings there years ago. An encampment doesn't strike me as a logical reason for the land to be huanted. Battle field, field hospital, or POW camp are another story. If there was a grave yard, it would have undoubtedly been discovered. That's why I say a dwelling.

All new houses have to settle, and with winter weather, there a lot of expansion and contraction going on. It can account for all sorts of noises.

When I was a kid and moved to the burbs, it was the dead of winter. Every night, there would be a thumping noise every so often. None of us knew what it was till a neighbor told us it was the heat comming up. Steam heat in those old houses. So, you never know what your hearing...........

Johnny,

I believe you. It is not settling or the wind. It is what you think it is.

I am sure it must be the land. I'm not sure if this will help or not but you are "supposed" to burn Sage whenever moving into new dwellings. Apparently this rids any negative energy and establishes the new place as yours.

I know it sounds hokey, but I had to do it at my house. Since I've done it, the strange occurances have stopped. Anyway, look it up if you don't believe me.

Keep us updated.

I just bought a house that is 105 years old - I had "the fear" BIGTIME....every little thing that moved funny, looked funny, sounded funny- scared the crap outta me for a while

now it is gone - nothing funky has happened in the house so far

to make it worse there for a while - we got a picture of the original owners in front of the house - i was waiting for them to appear in the mirror

now i'm used to the ghosts - as you will be too

I'm betting you'll come up with quite conventional explanations for most of this. New houses settle and have all kinds of noises. A left-behind cable or loose shingle knocked around in the wind sounds like a man on the roof. A good gust of wind can cause settling that moves thru the house, sounding for all the world like somebody creeping down the hallway. A guest in my new house once awoke me in the middle of the night, terrified by the "explosions in the basement" that turned out to be booming air ducts.

Voices? Well, I'd venture to say its more likely that a kid already known to talk in his sleep has simply changed his patterns than that a supernatural presence is calling from beyond the grave. Men talking? Dunno, a lot of new houses are real close these days, any chance it came from next door or outside? If the construction is really new there may still be workmen traipsing thru the backyard. Or maybe a radio left on, that briefly picked up a signal? Or alarm clock turned to radio instead of buzzer? Or possibly a bit of imagination? I mean, if you really believed you heard a stranger walking and talking in your house, wouldn't you either a) go see who it is or B) run like hell out the door?

I confess to being a deep skeptic about these things. I know others feel differently, but in my lifetime I've always checked out those ghostly voices, and they've always turned out to be perfectly normal. I ain't believin' what I ain't seein'.

Having said that, if angry spirits stab me tonight in my sleep can someone fill in my part in the Skins-Eagles 2000-post thread please? :silly:

Archived