If you can show me who compares with:

DE Charles Mann- reynoldo Wynn, No

DT Jumpy Geathers- cornelius or Salve'a - no quit as big

DE Fred Stokes- philip daniels -possible this year, but not any other year

MLB Kurt Goveia- Lemar, NO

FS Brad Edwards- Bowen, Clark, NO

WR Gary Clark - NO ONE

WR Ricky Sanders- NO ONE

and of course, the HOGS. Samuels and Jansen are good, but we didn't let anyone get to Rypien that year!

you forgot Darrell Green....and NOBODY comes close to him.....

WR Gary Clark - NO ONE

WR Ricky Sanders- NO ONE

Santana Moss. I'm sorry, I realize he's been with us one year so far, but right now he's better than the both of them. Will that continue? Who knows, but as of now I'd take Moss over either of them.

Unless you were saying Monk was the #1 receiver and listing Clark/Sanders as the #2/#3. In which case, you'd be correct.

NO FVCKING WAY!!!

I'm elated that we're competitive once again, but this team IN NO WAY compares to the 91 or the 82-83 teams. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

And let's stop the Portis is better than Riggins nonsense. Yes, Portis is more of a breakaway threat, but Riggins kept the chains moving as well as any back in history, which is what wins games. Riggins CONSISTENTLY gained 4 yards a clip, unlike Portis who often gets stopped for 1 or 2 yards, then pumps up his average on a couple breakaway runs. Sure, that's more exciting. Barry Sanders was more exciting than Emmitt, but there's a reason Emmitt went to SBs whilst Sanders went nowhere.

No. I watched the 91 season and they were pure energy. Capital punishment was in full force, and the running and passing game NEVER slowed. From the outset of the season they were WITHOUT A DOUBT the best team in the league (was shell shocked when they lost that 12th game). Buffalo was the only team anyone thought had a shot, and there were only 53 people that thought they did (Hey Marv, Merry Christmas). So, again, no, this team is not the best, unfortunately, but they are extremely stout, and can do some damage. Now, IF they run the table, I will change my tune. You know I am pulling for them to roll to 14 wins and close out the season in Detroit, but it is a tough road to travel on the road. Can we do it? Sure we can, but the parity in the league is phenomenal.

no, but they have gotten that will to win, and feel they can take anyone one, really this team could have gone in the 12 13 win category, they played alot of close games, and maybe by next year they can close out teams, and maybe earn their way to the super bowl, they need just a few more fits and we got it, i say get a good SS, and D Lineman, for the team.

Pardon me for saying this, but that question is as stupid as someone asking "were this year's Redskins the worst 3-0 team ever?" (If you want my opinion on that, see my other thread.)

The question would only be valid if this year's team were statistically similar to teams that have a legitimate claim to being the best by virtue of their records. No disrespect to this year's version, but they just aren't there with other Redskin teams.

Yet.

ON PAPER this may be the BEST OVERALL redskin team ever assembled. COOLEY, ROYAL are a VERY FORMIDABLE TE Corps. Sellars? Chuuuuuch:redpunch:

Moss? Need I say more? Portis, J-Cam, Samuels, Jansen, Dock, Thomas, Rabach, Griff, Daniels, Washington, Holdman, Arrington, Springs, Pierson Prileau, Harris, Rogers, Killings, Sal'vea, Wynn, Clemons Bros., Betts, Brunell, Marshall, occasional Bowen, and an occasional RYAN CLARK...

Yes on paper this is a VERY classis Skins team. But what puts this team OVER the top is simple...

SEAN TAYLOR...

Teezy... AKA Sean Corleon Taylor... The Gambino Hitman... The One Man Lynch Mob...

Yeah... Its definately some of Snyder's BEST work. But from a 'team' aspect, if you include GREGG Williams... then YES this is the best Redskins TEAM EVER...

The 1983 team put together the best regular season at 14-2 with both losses coming by one point each. We scored 541 points that season and allowed 332. Riggins rushed for a record breaking 24 TD's and gained over 1300 yards. ( He didn't make the Pro Bowl that year for some reason) Charlie Brown had over 1200 yards and 8 TD's.

We then destroyed the Rams 50-7 in the first round. Beat San Fran 24-21 in the second, and in one of the most heartbreaking games ever, lost the Super Bowl to the Raiders 38 - 9. Had they won the big game, there would be no question that this team was the best Redskins team ever.

That being said, the 91 team, due to the fact that they actually won the Super Bowl, gets the nod in my opinion as the best Redskins team.

Again, if they can win out on the road, in the playoffs and take home the trophy (which, btw, no team as ever done - only team to win every road game in the playoffs and MAKE it to the show was the '85 Pats, and we know how that turned out) they will, in fact, be the best Redskins team ever assembled. As of right now, the '91 Redskins still get my vote.

Easy on the spiked eggnog, buddy.

We're getting there but we haven't 'arrived' yet. We have 85% of the pieces, though. Coaching staff is in place, just need a few players to complete the puzzle.

Plus, you can't compare Portis to Riggo just yet. Riggo had 24 TD's in 83.

It's up there if it isn't.

Moss is the best WR I have seen since.... Moss.. Randy Moss when he was healthy on the Vikings.

I don't want to say that Moss is the best redskin WR just yet after only 15 games. But there is no question he is more talented than all of our previous WRs.

I like Mark and Ramsey more than any other QB for the skins since Sonny played.

Is Clinton better than John Riggins? In some ways, yes. Clinton has some killer hands, and he is such a complete back making blocks, and incredible catches.

He runs like a beast! He was doing all he could to break tackles yesturday.....and every game.

With a back that can and does do all of that, I'll take Clinton.

The Hoggs better? I don't know, we sure did go through a lot of QB's under Gibbs, while other teams had their Phil Simms. But then again, we won all of those Super Bowls with strange QB's. So the line has to get a lot of credit for that.

I'll say the Hoggs were better.

Shawn Taylor is the best saftey we have ever had...period!!

This D is the best looking D I have ever seen from any of the previous years with the skins.

This team is a tackling, hard hitting machine!

At a quick glance, the numbers don't show it. But look at our schedule, it was an extremely tough schedule we played this year.

I think there is no question, this is the most talented Redskin team ever.

But talent does not equal best. Only time will tell if this is the best redskin team ever.

save judgement till after the post season! This is a tallented team, but relatively speaking, so are allot of the other teams ie: bigger, faster, stronger.....so it will depend on how this team measures up now not then.

Yeah... Its definately some of Snyder's BEST work. But from a 'team' aspect, if you include GREGG Williams... then YES this is the best Redskins TEAM EVER...

No offense, son, but being "some of Snyder's BEST work" doesn't make this team anywhere close to being one of the best Redskin teams ever. Since you are 23, though, I can see why it's the best Skins team you have ever seen.

I do hope they go on a miracle run and get to the Super Bowl (not totally crazy with the weak NFC), but even that won't make them the best ever.

Maybe it'll get 'em in the top 10...

Any by the way, we have a game IN PHILLY this weekend that we need just to make the playoffs...as the 6th seed!!! Chatting about "the best ever" just seems silly right now. How about a reality check?!

:logo:

Nope....it isn't. If it was, we would have won our division 4 weeks ago.

It is a promising team, and if they stick together for next season, with a few small improvements, they might, just might, be in the ballpark. Don't get me wrong, I love our new team, but compared to Skins past, at 14-2, we have some more work ahead of us.:logo: :helmet: :helmet: :logo:

PS. Oh yeah......the Eagles must DIE!

Sorry, but the idea this is the best Redskins team ever, or even most talented team ever is laughable

The 1991 and 1983 squads by far, and I put 1991 ahead of 83 mainly because the 1991 team finished the job

Lets go down the roster here

Rypien better then Brunell

Portis/Betts better then Byner/Riggs/Ervins

Monk/Sanders/Clark better then Moss

Cooley better then Orr

Warren better then Royal

91 O-line far better then this o-line

On D

1991 D-line better, Griffin really is the only current "star" that line had Mann, Stokes, Geathers, Williams, Johnson, hell even Bobby Wilson as a rookie was productive

Linebackers, push, both are very talented there

Secondary, another push, Darrel Green, Martin Mayhew were as good as Springs and whomever, Brad Johnson and Danny Copeland were awesome in 1991, I would say just as good as Clark and Taylor have been

Special teams, Chip Lohmiller was great, Brian Mitchell had 3 punt returns for touchdowns, and Kelly Goodburn was better then Frost, and we didn't give up any big returns

1991 is much better then this team

Next year however, if we add a few key pieces (2nd WR, DE) we could have a very very good team that can challenge that 1991 team

I still say it's the best.

Our record is rough looking, but look at our schedule.

Moss is going to break the franchise record for passing yards.

Clinton already broke the record for most 100 games for the skins.

I have never seen a skins team tackle this well, nor put this much effort into "yards after contact".

Nor have I ever seen the skins this balanced on both sides of the ball.

I have never seen a skins team tackle this well, nor put this much effort into "yards after contact".

You are 31 man. You saw the Redskins of Gibbs 1

Right now this team doesn't reach any of those Gibbs 1 playoff teams.

Just look at the 1991 team. 7 probowlers, 2 1,000 yard WR's, 1,000 yard running back, most points scored, fewest points allowed, number 1 offense, number 2 defense

This team doesn't even sniff the jock of the 1991 team.

You need to watch more old Skins games then. Clark was the man in yards after catch. Riggo almost never went down with first contact. Pettibone almost always fielded a good tackling team. You're suffering from selective memory.

Also, I doubt any reciever, including Moss, is ever gonna break any passing yards record. :silly:

Archived