Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the best Redskin team ever?

SUNSTONE

It's up there if it isn't.

Moss is the best WR I have seen since.... Moss.. Randy Moss when he was healthy on the Vikings.

I don't want to say that Moss is the best redskin WR just yet after only 15 games. But there is no question he is more talented than all of our previous WRs.

I like Mark and Ramsey more than any other QB for the skins since Sonny played.

Is Clinton better than John Riggins? In some ways, yes. Clinton has some killer hands, and he is such a complete back making blocks, and incredible catches.

He runs like a beast! He was doing all he could to break tackles yesturday.....and every game.

With a back that can and does do all of that, I'll take Clinton.

The Hoggs better? I don't know, we sure did go through a lot of QB's under Gibbs, while other teams had their Phil Simms. But then again, we won all of those Super Bowls with strange QB's. So the line has to get a lot of credit for that.

I'll say the Hoggs were better.

Shawn Taylor is the best saftey we have ever had...period!!

This D is the best looking D I have ever seen from any of the previous years with the skins.

This team is a tackling, hard hitting machine!

At a quick glance, the numbers don't show it. But look at our schedule, it was an extremely tough schedule we played this year.

I think there is no question, this is the most talented Redskin team ever.

But talent does not equal best. Only time will tell if this is the best redskin team ever.

No way. The Skins had two teams under Gibbs I that went 14-2. Total dominance. You could go through every position but why bother. If the Skins go somewhat deep into the playoffs (NFCCG or the Big Dance) you might argue that this would be Gibbs' best coaching performance, but no way is this the Redskins best team.

Hold on there little buddy. This team has great pieces, but in no way is as cohesive and together a unit as the '91 team that just totally dominated the league. Sure, Santana and Sean are great but it's still a little too early to say this team is the best. They have to win a Super Bowl in my opinion to even be considered.

That being said, this last 4 game stretch is the best that I have seen this team play in over a decade, on both sides of the ball. To just bust ass in this division again makes me so damn proud and happy, I really think Gibbs is finding his way again.WE CAN WIN THE FREAKIN' DIVISION FELLAS!!!

HTTR!!!!!!

I'm going to assume this is the eggnog talking right?

No, this isn't the best Redskins team ever, not by a longshot.

I won't even comment on the 30's, 40's and George Allen's teams of the 70's because I wasn't alive or don't have a good memory of them.

I do think that this team is better than the 99 NFC East championship team of Norv. We got a better coach and a very good defense. This team would tear up the 99 Skins.

We still need to beat the Eagles, assuming this happens, here's where I'd rank them (now if they do make a Super Bowl run, their rankings go up of course).

Best Teams (not necessarily season)

1. 1983

2. 1991

3. 1982

4. 1984

5. 1986

6. 1987

7. 1990

8. 2005

9. 1985

This team is as talented as any team we've had. No question. But it hasn't totally, fully come together like past Redskin teams to achieve a level of greatness. You see the potential. It's obvious potential. But, Gibbs teams used to take teams to the woodshed pretty often back in the day. The last two weeks were not abnormal sights for a Gibbs team before. This team may get there, even this year, but, ultimately, on the whole, it's not going to look like it due to the struggles to get to here.

As has already been said, the '91 team was not only one of the best 'skins teams ever, but one of the top three teams in NFL history. They demolished records, opponents, and cruised to a Superbowl victory. It's not close, but it is good to be feeling good about the 'skins again.

We consistently have only one reciever getting receptions in games... if we can get others involved I think we'd dominate that much more.

You'd think it would be rather easy now..... with Portis gettin 100 every game, and Santana is gonna get double'd every down probably, we need another reciever to step up.

We've been saying that all year though, so chances are it won't happen this late.

It's up there if it isn't.

Moss is the best WR I have seen since.... Moss.. Randy Moss when he was healthy on the Vikings.

I don't want to say that Moss is the best redskin WR just yet after only 15 games. But there is no question he is more talented than all of our previous WRs.

I like Mark and Ramsey more than any other QB for the skins since Sonny played.

Is Clinton better than John Riggins? In some ways, yes. Clinton has some killer hands, and he is such a complete back making blocks, and incredible catches.

He runs like a beast! He was doing all he could to break tackles yesturday.....and every game.

With a back that can and does do all of that, I'll take Clinton.

The Hoggs better? I don't know, we sure did go through a lot of QB's under Gibbs, while other teams had their Phil Simms. But then again, we won all of those Super Bowls with strange QB's. So the line has to get a lot of credit for that.

I'll say the Hoggs were better.

Shawn Taylor is the best saftey we have ever had...period!!

This D is the best looking D I have ever seen from any of the previous years with the skins.

This team is a tackling, hard hitting machine!

At a quick glance, the numbers don't show it. But look at our schedule, it was an extremely tough schedule we played this year.

I think there is no question, this is the most talented Redskin team ever.

But talent does not equal best. Only time will tell if this is the best redskin team ever.

STFU.

Drinking and prognostication is dumb.

This team is 50% of the 91 Redskins.

Maybe next year but we will have a fun run in the playoffs if we make it.

BTW man, I own car parts that know a Super Bowl Redskins team better than you do. :D

Hold on there little buddy. This team has great pieces, but in no way is as cohesive and together a unit as the '91 team that just totally dominated the league. Sure, Santana and Sean are great but it's still a little too early to say this team is the best. They have to win a Super Bowl in my opinion to even be considered.

That being said, this last 4 game stretch is the best that I have seen this team play in over a decade, on both sides of the ball. To just bust ass in this division again makes me so damn proud and happy, I really think Gibbs is finding his way again.WE CAN WIN THE FREAKIN' DIVISION FELLAS!!!

HTTR!!!!!!

Wasn't the '91 team a strike team?

If so, then that just show's off Joe Gibbs talents.

He also did the same thing in the '87 strike, if I'm not mistaken.

Strike teams don't count, because that just becomes a coaches battle their. Everyone starts off even.

this is not the best skins team ever! i think in 1990 we had the best team! finished 17-2 with a super bowl victory! three great receivers! a great running back! the hogs! darryl green! we had a very solid team then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the '91 team a strike team?

If so, then that just show's off Joe Gibbs talents.

He also did the same thing in the '87 strike, if I'm not mistaken.

Strike teams don't count, because that just becomes a coaches battle their. Everyone starts off even.

82 and 87 were the Strike years.

Why don't they count?

Including playoffs the 82 team went 12-1 and the 87 team went 14-4 (11-4 if you don't want to count the replacement games).

Sorry, the 2005 team does have some great talent and individually they belong at the top, (Clinton Portis,Sean Taylor and a healthy LaVar Arrington come to mind) but as a whole they don't measure up............just yet.

This team is as talented as any team we've had. No question. But it hasn't totally, fully come together like past Redskin teams to achieve a level of greatness. You see the potential. It's obvious potential. But, Gibbs teams used to take teams to the woodshed pretty often back in the day. The last two weeks were not abnormal sights for a Gibbs team before. This team may get there, even this year, but, ultimately, on the whole, it's not going to look like it due to the struggles to get to here.

not at the reciever position

Moss may the best we have had ever. But that team had Clark , Monk ,Sanders

We have Cooley is good possesion, but we still missing a tall wide out

Even if we were to win the Super Bowl (Still getting a bit ahead of ourselves, we still have to make the playoffs) I'd still say no, not the best 'Skins team ever. But, this may be the most proud that I've ever been of a Redskins team :)

I agree. The blowout at NY ticked me off. The three losses with 4th qtr leads really ticked me off. ESPECIALLY the OAK and SD games. The boys didn't have the fire and I thought our season was over. The way they have come back since then, and especially not giving up after the fluke Giants TD at the end of the first half have really impressed me. We are peaking at the perfect time. Keep the fire lit, guys! :logo:

I'm going out on a limb and saying, this is the best redskin team ever.

I think it's the most talented, and guided by the Gibbs at his best right now.

I thought the NFC had a lot of great hungry teams, it doesn't.

Not even the Seahawks.(look at their schedule for starters. The Giants should have beaten them.....in Seattle. We did beat them.)

Our team is full of beasts!

And Joe Gibbs is at the helm!

We are going to the super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch and see the media huddle around Seattle, Chicago, and Washington from the NFC side.

The only team I'm worried about is Chicago, in Chicago.

If you can show me who compares with:

DE Charles Mann- reynoldo Wynn, No

DT Jumpy Geathers- cornelius or Salve'a - no quit as big

DE Fred Stokes- philip daniels -possible this year, but not any other year

MLB Kurt Goveia- Lemar, NO

FS Brad Edwards- Bowen, Clark, NO

WR Gary Clark - NO ONE

WR Ricky Sanders- NO ONE

and of course, the HOGS. Samuels and Jansen are good, but we didn't let anyone get to Rypien that year!

Archived