Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the best away stadium you have ever been to?

mcarey032

I have only been to two stadiums for football other than fed ex. M&T stadium and the panthers stadium. I think that the ravens one was nicer because you felt closer to the action. The panthers stadium is OK. What do you all think is the nicest stadium to visit?

I've been to M&T Bank in B-More which is very nice.

I've also been to Pro Player in Miami... needless to say, they need an upgrade.

Neither are close to Cleveland Browns Stadium, though. The place is beautiful, in a great location (on the water, walking distance to downtown, next to R&R HOF). Also, the ushers are very accomodating... they allowed my Dad and I to go right down the field before the game unlike FedEx... one of the coolest sports experiences of my life.

I've only been to RFK, FedEx, and Bank of America (Charlotte). As much as I love the Redskins, B of A is a little nicer except for the location of the video screens and the lack of stadium parking. The panther statues are awesome. The concourses are wide and they give you a free program when you enter. Beer is $5 compared to $7 at FedEx. A lower level ticket (at least where I sat) was $59 compared to $79 at FedEx. My guess is the cheaper prices are in direct relation to Carolina fans having to pay for a PSL and FedEx fans do not.

FedEX - awful in pretty much every way. It's just way too big and too hard to get to. And just looks cheaply made inside. It's a sterile, modern stadium without the modern amentities.

Old Three Rivers...It was what it was. A multi-purpose cookie-cutter.

Heinz Field...very plush...very cold...better parking than 3 Rivers. The view over the river is great, but one considered what it would be like in December. Gosh, it's cold.

The Linc. About the same as Heinz Field. Maybe a little plusher. Great parking. Kinda far from anything though.

Whatever Baltimore is called. I was in a luxury box. It....was....awesome. Good parking. Near good stuff.

Old Riverfront...same as Three Rivers.

To paraphrase 980's Bram Weinstein - Arrowhead is one of those stadiums that everyone should have a chance to see a game in once in their lifetime. It's like Wrigley Field. They should never tear it down.

He was right. Arrowhead is a heck of a place to see a game.

Raymond James in Tampa was the best away stadium I've been to. It's fairly new, had the best catering out of the five I've been to (The Meadowlands, Sun Devil, & whatever they call that dome in St. Louis) & has a really kickass pirate ship/tourist attaction in the endzone.

But I'd rather watch a game at Arrowhead.

To paraphrase 980's Bram Weinstein - Arrowhead is one of those stadiums that everyone should have a chance to see a game in once in their lifetime. It's like Wrigley Field. They should never tear it down.

He was right. Arrowhead is a heck of a place to see a game.

I totally agree. I went this year and had a wonderful time. The fans are great and the smell of the parking lot with all of the CHARCOAL grills going is awesome.

For away stadiums, I've been to The Vet (by far the worst), the Georgia Dome, the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis (or whatever it was called back in 2001), Giants Stadium, Shea Stadium when the Jets played there and to Foxboro Stadium. They all sucked if you ask me...probably the best one out of the group would be Giants Stadium, but that ain't saying much.

I'd like to see games at Mile High, Arrowhead and Lambeau before I die...

Astrodome - Very outdated. It had obstructed view seats before FedEx did.

Alamodome - It could house a team full time. Good view of the field, needs better/more concession stands.

Buffalo - It had aluminum bleacher seats like a high school would.

M & T - Very decent stadium.

FedEx - There's no place like home.

Buffalo - It had aluminum bleacher seats like a high school would.

I bet that's a wonderful feature on a cold, wintery day :laugh:

Foxboro Stadium had them too. I sat on them in a December game between the Pat and Vikings....good night...my nuts were frozen to the bleachers by the time the game ended.

I bet that's a wonderful feature on a cold, wintery day :laugh:

Foxboro Stadium had them too. I sat on them in a December game between the Pat and Vikings....good night...my nuts were frozen to the bleachers by the time the game ended.

It was a fairly cold day, but the seating is so tight that I couldn't even sit back, I had to lean forward the whole time.

Living in Seattle I have been to Qwest Field (Seahawks), Safeco Field (Mariners), The old King Dome, and I flew to Denver to see the Redskins play Denver at Invesco Field earlier this year.

Qwest Field - Not bad

Safeco Field - AWESOME!!!

King Dome - It got loud because it was a dome, but it sucked @$$!

Invesco Field - Not bad. However the weather was miserable that day so I did not really think about if it was a nice stadium or not. I was freezing my butt off.

I have never been to Fed Ex - sob - yet, I will make the trip one day.

Have been to:

Hubert H. Humpfrey - not spelt right but oh well - pretty good, very loud

Lambeau - for a cold MNF game - it was unbelieveable - what an atmosphere and feel, I recommend people make the trip

Archived