Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook36 hates: Tom Hanks

Westbrook36

No you did not just compare Nic Cage to Tom Hanks. Cage has had two good roles in his career -- Leaving Las Vegas and Matchstick Men. He has been horrible in most everything else he's ever done. And those two movies he was carried by an excellent leading lady. Elizabeth Shue was amazing in LLV, and his daughter in Matchstick Men carried that movie.

And speaking of terrible accents...have you SEEN Captain Corelli's Mandolin??? Terrible.

Err, have you seen Adaptation and Bringing Out the Dead? He should have won an oscar for playing Charlie Kaufman.

Guest Gichin13
How can you not like him in Forrest Gump

Road to Perdition

Castaway

Big

Saving Private Ryan

Philadelphia

Green Mile

A League of Their Own

Money Pit

Ladykillers

Catch me if You can

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

That Thing you do

Apollo 13

Sleepless in Seattle

Joe vs the Volcano

Turner and Hooch

The Burbs

Volunteers

Bachelor Party

Splash

Hmm, I think he is a great actor.

Saving Private Ryan -- brilliant

Apollo 13 -- brilliant

Green Mile -- brilliant

Terminal -- brilliant

Forrest Gump -- close to brilliant in a great, really different movie

On these alone, he makes my short list as these are five of my top 100 movies.

Of all the people to complain about, you choose Tom Hanks? Hollywood is filled with no talent assclowns like Orlando Bloom and Lindsey Lohan. Send your hate to those people.

I will agree that all Tom Hanks' characters all sort feel the same. It mostly is just Tom Hanks reading his lines. The thing is, he has been in so many damn good movies that he probably gets more credit than he deserves.

Of all the people to complain about, you choose Tom Hanks? Hollywood is filled with no talent assclowns like Orlando Bloom and Lindsey Lohan. Send your hate to those people.

Why talk about people that the majority already think are no talent assclowns? I guess this thread was moreso directed towards people who love Hanks then Hanks himself.

Road to Perdition and Big were awesome. But now that I think about it, probably every one of Tom's movies would have been even better had he not played the role, well except for maybe Big, because that movie shimmy shimmy rocked.

"She said, a triscuit - a biscuit. Ice cream, soda pop, vanilla on the top. Ooh, Shelly's out, walking down the street, ten times a week. I read it. I said it. I stole my momma's credit."

Part of being a good actor is getting the best roles. Unfortunately for you WB, Tom Hanks gets plenty of big budget movies that I'm sure you've seen.

He's done some garbage and been in some great movies like Forest Gump or Saving Private Ryan where any decent actor would look good. I don't hold that against him. He's a good actor.

By far his best performances, IMO, would be BIG and A League of Their Own.

Archived