Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tucker Carlson owns PETA nutjob

Westbrook36

Thats it, I am having tuna for dinner tonight.

I did have tuna for dinner tonight. And I snorted a thermometer for desert.

The connections that these PETA people try to make to anything that could be called a cognative thought is amazing. "Kids liked it." Kids also like eating candy til they vomit, doesn't make it right or good.

Kids also like eating bugs and peeing themselves too. Let the parents raise the kids, not the lobbyists. :2cents:

And isnt Tucker Carlson the donkey that wears a bow tie and got whored by Jon Stewart on his own show? He is physically unable to own anybody.

Is that crap about eating fish twice a week true?

Whale: Did you know that the average fish contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

Chubby Cox: Yeah, I think I read that---

Whale: WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER?!?!?

Chubby Cox: Well, no---

Whale: WELL I WOULD!!! ::gulp::

Someone has to get it. Come on. Don't disappoint me, guys.

Whale: Did you know that the average fish contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?

Chubby Cox: Yeah, I think I read that---

Whale: WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER?!?!?

Chubby Cox: Well, no---

Whale: WELL I WOULD!!! ::gulp::

Someone has to get it. Come on. Don't disappoint me, guys.

WTF?????

NO I DON'T EVEN A LITTLE BIT, BUT LMAO ANYWAY AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY :laugh:

Would you support nuclear powerplants to replace coal-fired plants?

Yes, plenty of desert to build spent fuel rod containment facilities. Florida has many Nukes, no problems. But in the mean time, my point was about the air pollution equiptment that should have been retro-fitted decades ago.

I talked to a guy on an airplane who's company works with most of the coal power plants. I asked him why wouldn't the plants just spend the money and pass the costs on to the consumers. He said that the law was weak and with some plants being required to, if they pull permits for major repairs or expansion of the facility, it would "unlevel" the playing field as far as cost of electricity and make that particular company non-competitive. So his opinion was that the law was flawed. Now the law is repealed. So if you live in the Ohio valley, Zoony are you listening?, get a gas mask for you and you kids.

So if you live in the Ohio valley, Zoony are you listening?, get a gas mask for you and you kids.

I'm not a geography guy, but I think I live in the TN valley. I think the Ohio Valley is Northern Kentucky/Western WVA and Southern Ohio. Hell I don't know :doh:

????

But this area sucks for air polution too. All the crap that is burned east of the Rockies across the entire country blows this way, and stops and swirls when it gets to the mountains. :doh:

There is a lot of controversy about the Smoky Mountain National Park, which is about 20 or 30 minutes from me, and the amount of pollution, etc. It is killing a lot of the vegitation, etc. Tom Brokaw even featured it on the Nightly News about a year ago.

I am all for Nuclear Energy. I think that industry has done a TERRIBLE job educating the public about the technology, as most people continue to be frightened by the idea.

I'm not a geography guy, but I think I live in the TN valley. I think the Ohio Valley is Northern Kentucky/Western WVA and Southern Ohio. Hell I don't know :doh:

????

But this area sucks for air polution too. All the crap that is burned east of the Rockies across the entire country blows this way, and stops and swirls when it gets to the mountains. :doh:

There is a lot of controversy about the Smoky Mountain National Park, which is about 20 or 30 minutes from me, and the amount of pollution, etc. It is killing a lot of the vegitation, etc. Tom Brokaw even featured it on the Nightly News about a year ago.

I am all for Nuclear Energy. I think that industry has done a TERRIBLE job educating the public about the technology, as most people continue to be frightened by the idea.

Congrads on 5K :cheers:

????

You can educate people on nuclear energy all you want but the bottom line is this - everyone likes the idea of nuclea energy once they learn about it, but almost no one wants a nuclear plant near their home.

What people need is some strong willed leaders to just do whats best and ignore the initial fear.

You can educate people on nuclear energy all you want but the bottom line is this - everyone liked the idea of nuclea energy once they learn about it, but almost no one wants a nuclear plant near their home.

What people need is some strong willed leaders to just do whats best and ignore the initial fear.

Very well said. I agree.

Another reason I like Jeb Bush so much. He's becoming a bif proponent of Nuke Energy.

You can educate people on nuclear energy all you want but the bottom line is this - everyone likes the idea of nuclea energy once they learn about it, but almost no one wants a nuclear plant near their home.

Well of course I wouldn't want a Nuclear plant near my home... I wouldn't want a coal-fired plant either.

There are plenty of places they can build one so as not to infringe... namely, where current plants are now

Yeah, of course it is. Don't you see all of those Japanese keeling over daily?
I see your point but dude, people have clearly been hurt by mercury poisoning or the EPA wouldn't have even mentioned it. I mean read the WSJ article the kid friggin made himself retarded by eating tuna. Food isn't supposed to make you retarded because you happen to like it enough to eat it all the time.

If you eat steak all the time you don't forget how to tie your shoes. If you eat a lot of chicken you don't forget the names of your friends. You don't need to wear a helmet all the time for your own safety just because you happen to eat oranges every day.

Well of course I wouldn't want a Nuclear plant near my home... I wouldn't want a coal-fired plant either.

There are plenty of places they can build one so as not to infringe... namely, where current plants are now

Actually, a lot of power plants are build right in or near urban areas. That is because electrical power is lost the further it has to travel. I understand the appeal of Nuclear Power, but I understand the fear as well. Plus, nuke plants are very expensive per kilowatt hour and the waste problem is not at all insignificant. You are talking about spent rods with a half life of tens of thousands of years, or many times longer than the entire stretch of human civilization. It's pretty short term thinking to start pumping those things out willy nilly.

Of course, if fusion, rather than fission, can actually be achieved, then all bets are off.

Yep, the good old NIMBY approach :shot: I wish more people would just STFU and start to practice what they preach. For a perfect example, look at Cape Winds and the fact that the Kennedy's, who live in Hyannisport 20 miles away are against it (although they say it's not because of the NIMBY mentality)

Of course, if fusion, rather than fission, can actually be achieved, then all bets are off.

This is the technology discussed in The Saint with Val Kilmer, correct? Is that actually a viable area of energy production? What are the chances of it actually working?

Paging Ignatius J. and DjTj...

Actually, a lot of power plants are build right in or near urban areas. That is because electrical power is lost the further it has to travel. I understand the appeal of Nuclear Power, but I understand the fear as well. Plus, nuke plants are very expensive per kilowatt hour and the waste problem is not at all insignificant. You are talking about spent rods with a half life of tens of thousands of years, or many times longer than the entire stretch of human civilization. It's pretty short term thinking to start pumping those things out willy nilly.

I am no expert, but I was under the impression that Nuclear Power was one of the most efficient producers in terms of cost. Maybe the cost per killowatt hour will go down with more plants?

Also, the spent rods are no joke, for sure, but there are not that many of them. Plus there have been some really good ideas (I think, at least), about what to do with them, i.e. shooting them into space on a track to leave the solar system, etc. etc. Seems like if we devoted resources towards it it wouldn't be too hard... certainly easier than trying to contain millions of particles of soot being pumped into the atmosphere.

As for the NIMBY argument, if the plants were constructed where current plants are now, there could be no argument against them.

Again, this is where I fault the Nuclear Power Industry for failing to educate the public on just how safe Nuclear technology is, and how having one nearby is absolutely no threat.

This is the technology discussed in The Saint with Val Kilmer, correct? Is that actually a viable area of energy production? What are the chances of it actually working?

Paging Ignatius J. and DjTj...

In theory, it is viable. There are many brilliant scientific minds (including Einstein) that believe(d) one day, we will discover the mysteries to harnessing the power of cold-fusion. The problem is discovering or improving technology to the point of actually making it happen. There are several governments that have programs up and running, working on this as we speak. It will come to be, but maybe not in our lifetime.

I see your point but dude, people have clearly been hurt by mercury poisoning or the EPA wouldn't have even mentioned it. I mean read the WSJ article the kid friggin made himself retarded by eating tuna. Food isn't supposed to make you retarded because you happen to like it enough to eat it all the time.

If you eat steak all the time you don't forget how to tie your shoes. If you eat a lot of chicken you don't forget the names of your friends. You don't need to wear a helmet all the time for your own safety just because you happen to eat oranges every day.

This is the Chicken Little syndrome at work. One acorn plunks you on the head and suddenly "the sky is falling!"

Fish is one of the best foods to eat in the entire world. Period. It has huge amounts of nutrients that are great for you, and it's relatively light.

The problem is pollution, not fish. Fix the pollution, and the fish will be fine . . . unless you're the 1:1000000 who has a intolerance for certain levels of mercury or something that's far below the norm in the population. But that's no way to make policy, is it?

This is the Chicken Little syndrome at work. One acorn plunks you on the head and suddenly "the sky is falling!"
The sky isn't fallnig but tuna can make you retarded.

Fish is one of the best foods to eat in the entire world. Period. It has huge amounts of nutrients that are great for you, and it's relatively light.

I know this and do eat fish.
The problem is pollution, not fish. Fix the pollution, and the fish will be fine . . . unless you're the 1:1000000 who has a intolerance for certain levels of mercury or something that's far below the norm in the population. But that's no way to make policy, is it?
I have a problem with "certain mercury levels" as no biggie. Food isn't supposed to contain toxins strong enough to mess you up if you eat reasonable amounts, and yes having tuna once a day is not exactly unreasonable. Should be a warning label on the can.

Archived