Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we turning into long suffering fans

fuji869

yah, being only 16, this is all i know for the redskins. I was too young to remember the last superbowl victory and was 10 when they made the playoffs in '99. Every year i say to myself that this the year we are going to break through and I am going to see them make the playoffs. This year with the 3-0 start i thought for sure.... All I want for Christmas is a skins playoff birth!!!!

yah, being only 16, this is all i know for the redskins. I was too young to remember the last superbowl victory and was 10 when they made the playoffs in '99. Every year i say to myself that this the year we are going to break through and I am going to see them make the playoffs. This year with the 3-0 start i thought for sure.... All I want for Christmas is a skins playoff birth!!!!

I'm with this guy. I'm 18 and I was at the '99 playoff game. But that year wasn't really satisfying either.

I know people get accused of being bandwagon fans for thinking we won't make the playoffs this season but if those same people have stuck with this team all this time then I think they are longsuffering dedicated fans.

I remember the 1980s and I pretty much expected us in the postseason every year. There was no other way. Boy we were spoiled back then.

I waited a while for this post but now I wonder are Redskin Fans turning into "Long Suffering Fans". With only 1 playoff appearance in the last 13 seasons and constant hear break season after season I think we are staring to fall into that category.

a_skinsfans_i.jpg

Yeah but some of us remember every year of the last 13 seasons. :D That loss to the Jets in 1993? If that wouldn't drive you to suicide nothing ould. :doh:

Refresh my memory. I forget what happened. The one that will always hurt was the tie game with the Giants when Gus slammed his head into the wall...LMAO!!

Hang in there young uns, yes the loses we had are the worst in football. I would say I would rather get blown out 50-0 but I thought about it and seen the difference in this team since Gibbs came back. In the last 2 years were playing with the best in football, something No other coach except Gibbs has performed here. All of our losses except NY was because we beat ourselves, at least we can play with the best right now and sooner or later we will stop beating ourselves and start beating these other teams. We wont suffer too much longer under Gibbs and dont let any fool make you think he cant turn this team around because he already has the last 2 seasons. Only took 2 years to play with the best in the NFL and even beat some of the best, and its going to get better each year.

Refresh my memory. I forget what happened. The one that will always hurt was the tie game with the Giants when Gus slammed his head into the wall...LMAO!!

The Jets game we lost 3-0 to fall to 3-10. We mustered up about 140 yards of total offense and had the ball deep in Jets territory a few times and come up with nothing. This game also had an incident where the Jets longsnapper snapped the ball when no one else knew it was going to happen. It hit the place holder in the head. :laugh: One of our defenders picks it up but lo 'n behold the freakin kicker made the tackle or else it's six and we win. :doh: That game was just the epitomy of futility. It was tough to swallow at the time because we were just 22 months removed from a Super Bowl and one of our best teams ever.

Since 1992, I honestly cant imagine any other NFL team has suffered to the extent that we have. Maybe the Bills, but at least they made it to the playoffs and Super Bowl. A couple other teams have been perenially bad, but they dont make the fans heart break game after game, season after season, in unthinkable ways like the Skins have done in the past decade plus. I could write a laundry list of at least twenty games that are unthinkable and seemingly impossible that we could have lost in ways that do not seem probable, yet occur to us again and again. It seems that we have been jinxed by the passing of Jack Kent Cooke. Even when we make the playoffs, how do we lose? Botched field goal, of couse. It honestly seems to me that there must be some dark force mysteriously working against us.

Long whinning fans perhaps ... you do know you have to back your team in the good times and the bad ... look at FeDex field the fans there are terrible visiting teams 9 times out of 10 have as much push as the home team ... Support your team unconditionally damnit is that so hard?

Long whinning fans perhaps ... you do know you have to back your team in the good times and the bad ... look at FeDex field the fans there are terrible visiting teams 9 times out of 10 have as much push as the home team ... Support your team unconditionally damnit is that so hard?

No one is Saying that they are no longer a fan to the skins, nor are we not supporting our Team. Just simply venting..... Relax...

We have the Plegue and need to get rid of it, these loosing seasons realy :doh:

Yeah, it does hurt honestly. I've never known a playoff Redskins team (outside the 99 team, and I was younger then, wasn't as hardcore a fan as I am now either), or even a good Redskins team. Year after year, season after season its the same thing. I really honestly thought this year was different but yet again we were all duped. Why can't we get a good football team? Its so depressing....The worst thing is the pundits and media people were all right about our team, were just not as good as we thought we were. :(

On an optimistic note, theres always the chance this team explodes and gets it all together....then again I say that EVERY freakin year, and it never happens, gets a lil tiring.

Archived