Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we turning into long suffering fans

fuji869

We are turning into worse then that, we are turning into.....................CARDINALS FANS AHHHHHHH!!!!

Cardinals are actually winning games right now, we've lost 6 out ofthe last 8.

I am a suffering fan. 18 years old, dont remember superbowl. do remember playoff in 99. lost. remember how i didnt like spurrier from the very second he was coach. remember starting 0-5 then going 5-5 just to go 8-8. remember when we first got LaVar!!! (ah that was cool) also remember going into the giants game we were invincible coming off a 52-17 victory! with our offense 2nd best in league and defense 4th best. only to lose 36-0. (that one got me depressed for quite a while)

I am a struggling suffering fan who thought blindly that this was the year. there is a 98% chance that were are done. but being this stupid suffering fan that i am, we still got that 2%, its still possible, im not giving up on this season yet! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are turning into worse then that, we are turning into.....................CARDINALS FANS AHHHHHHH!!!!

Cardinals are actually winning games right now, we've lost 6 out ofthe last 8.

I am a suffering fan. 18 years old, dont remember superbowl. do remember playoff in 99. lost. remember how i didnt like spurrier from the very second he was coach. remember starting 0-5 then going 5-5 just to go 8-8. remember when we first got LaVar!!! (ah that was cool) also remember going into the giants game we were invincible coming off a 52-17 victory! with our offense 2nd best in league and defense 4th best. only to lose 36-0. (that one got me depressed for quite a while)

I am a struggling suffering fan who thought blindly that this was the year. there is a 98% chance that were are done. but being this stupid suffering fan that i am, we still got that 2%, its still possible, im not giving up on this season yet! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I waited a while for this post but now I wonder are Redskin Fans turning into "Long Suffering Fans". With only 1 playoff appearance in the last 13 seasons and constant hear break season after season I think we are staring to fall into that category.

Turning? We are long-suffering fans.

Cardinals fans have had as much to cheer about over the last thirteen years.

one of two things will happen....we'll eventually rebound after a very, very long drought (see the Bengals)...or, we will never rebound and be the eternal team of 5-11 or 6-10 (see the Cardinals).

i hate to say it, but remember how the Bengals have been laughed at for so long?...they were called the Bungles and sometimes looked at as the epitome of a losing franchise?...yeah, well don't look now, but the last time they were good (before this year), was roughly the last time WE were good.

the Bengals were a very good team through the late 80s....much like the skins....and they went to two super bowls and nearly won them both. we haven't done much since then either (the 90/91 season being, for all intent and purposes, an extension of the late 80s).

the fact that they've finally turned it around gives us hope....but there's always the

Cardinals possibility...of never improving. which fate lies ahead for us beat up and battered skins fans?....either way, the team's future probably ain't for the faint of heart.

I waited a while for this post but now I wonder are Redskin Fans turning into "Long Suffering Fans". With only 1 playoff appearance in the last 13 seasons and constant hear break season after season I think we are staring to fall into that category.

a_skinsfans_i.jpg

we already are "long suffering fans" i mean how many winning seasons have we had since our last superbowl ??? way too painful to think about !!!!!

We are Tortured fans in my opinion. Snyder cheated us out a Super Bowl in 2000. He fired Marty after he went 8-3 with Tony Banks for god sakes, and we fired him. Then we pick up Spurrier who was too busy trying to show the league he could put up 30 points a game, instead of winning them. Now we have Joe Jackson Gibbs, and here we go again. You know what the underlying problem with this team is? We havent had consistent QB play. The one year we got it, Brad Johnson was amazing. He only went on to win a Super Bowl, and look here he is still winning. Sometimes I wish the skins would just take me and give me 40 lashes with a bull whip. It would feel better.

I think realistically we can make the play-offs next year ( I know we go through this every year). If we improve the D line and Mark Burnell Stays healthy I think we will be ok.....but the worst case senario is mark goes down, we then have to start campbell, and it may take him 2-3 years to develop....then we will be looking at 2007-2008 season myabe...For the time being we are offically in the category of Arizona, Detriot, and Buffalo...if Ciny makes the play-offs.

Long suffering, not even close my friends. For those of you who missed the "glory days" I know this season(and the past deacde) have been tough to stomach. But I lived in Cleveland for 7 years after living for 15 in the DC area and believe me, Browns fans are long suffering fans. Sure they went to the playoffs a few years ago but that team is the perennial loser year in and out. And there fans always support the hell out em no matter how bad they suck. When we go 50 years without a championship, then I'll complain until then I'm grateful as hell that my blood runs burgundy and gold and nothing that ever happens can change that. HAIL!!!!

Archived