Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should We BOO Schotty?

edgun88

Do you guys think we should boo Schotty? I'm going to. I heard Griffin might come back too, so we should be ready to shut down LT.

BTW ....this Dallas loss puts us 1 game behind them, and if the Giants lose this week vs. Seattle, we'll be 1 1/2 games behind them. Dallas and New York play next week and if Dallas wins we will be 1/2 game behind for 1st place! We just need to win these next few weeks!!:)

Marty's been our best Coach since Gibbs I. That includes Gibbs himself now.

Marty took a team with 3-13 talent and led them to an 8-8 record including an 8-3 finish.

We were finally turning the corner with him and BAM he gets fired.

If anything he should get an ovation.

My thoughts exactly. Marty was wrongly booted out the door by Snyder. I love Marty's style, hes a great coach and motivator. Ill never forget that season he turned this team around, its too bad he wasn't given a longer shot.

Wait a minute now, Marty took a team that was 8-8 (in 2000) and severely underachieved due to key injuries and bad coaching (both on offense) and blew it apart. He was hired to take the team to the next level, since Norve had failed to do so. Instead he dumped Centers, Thrash and others and made a new team, which he then took to a 8-8 record.

But aside from all that, I wouldn't boo him, though I never liked him much after seeing his coaching style, I really feel a lot better towards him after the recent article about him that was published in the post. I thought it was pretty interesting how Sndyer helped his son out and I hope Marty sticks to his changes and doesn't revert back to his old self. (So far it has killed his team in two different seasons at least, hopefully for his sake, he will not fall back on it again).

So, good luck Marty, it was never going to work out here in Washington, but with the Chargers you have new chance and the opportunity to make up for your past mistakes and hopefully you actually get to the big one, some day. I do hope the Redskins crush your team on Sunday though ;-)

Do you guys think we should boo Schotty? I'm going to. I heard Griffin might come back too, so we should be ready to shut down LT.

BTW ....this Dallas loss puts us 1 game behind them, and if the Giants lose this week vs. Seattle, we'll be 1 1/2 games behind them. Dallas and New York play next week and if Dallas wins we will be 1/2 game behind for 1st place! We just need to win these next few weeks!!:)

WHY would you boo him?

He was the last winning coach.

Not a very classy move......but then again......I don't know you. You must think this is OK.

Blondie

I liked Marty, it took him 5 games to relate to his players and then the Skins played decently.

We were 0-5 and ended up 8-8 not bad......the previous HC of the Redskins started a dynasty after he did that in his first year here (Joe Gibbs).

And I do think that the Skins would have been a playoff team had Marty not been fired for the Ol Ball Coach.

Plus, remember what Marty won with:

Marty fired Jeff George (yay!!) and won games with TONY BANKS (Yes the TONY BANKS) and Kent Graham......he brought Ki-Jana Carter from a security job and play well (after being considered a BUST) same with Gardner (the DT not 50/50). Rod Gardner a rookie had his best year with him.

Also Eric Metcalf was brought in out of retirement.

I mean 8-8 was pretty impressive. I'm not booing Marty.....I still hope the Skins will beat his team on Sunday however.

Archived