Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Team Is A Born Loser

ahhyeaa

Henry--good post. You analyzed the situation very well. There is improvement, but all of us fans have been so ansy for the postseason for so long that we are getting ahead of ourselves. If we keep this team intact, which I see no reason why we couldn't, we'll be even better next year, which is a scary thought. We have a few things to address: cornerback, d-line, receiver. But overall, this team has taken a huge leap forward this season, and there is still plenty of season left.

And turnovers. We *must* stop turning the ball over.

If we can bring in two solid + defensive tackles/ends, and 1-2 safeties and corners, well, this team is going to be fantastic.

I'm not as concerned about the WRs. Something will develop there naturally.

Wow. I don't think I've EVER been mistaken for Art before.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :)

:laugh: It's the damn avatars, I get them as mixed up as the name and the few I only see so often I think are the same guy :silly: I corrected it pronto but not fast enough :D

Given how much of an immortal Joe Gibbs is, I too am very puzzled as to why this team continues to lose games by making the same mistakes every week. Especially bewildering is the constant turnovers committed by the offense, and the way the defense has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst in just a few short weeks. This is very uncharacteristic of a Gibbs coached team.

I don't. I'm just not the kind of guy that's happy with well enough. If I feel you're underachieving, that bothers me.

Is this something you'd like to talk about? :D

j/k bro :)

Settling for less is certainly not a theme I support for the Redskins :point2sky

Guest sith lord
Is this something you'd like to talk about? :D

j/k bro :)

Settling for less is certainly not a theme I support for the Redskins :point2sky

Exactly. That's where I'm coming from. It's not negativity, it's just that, the way I see it, the defense has regressed as of late. And if we don't start playing better defense, we're not going to win that many more games.

This thread was born lost.

We're still a WINNING team. You can't expect perfection every week. Turnovers happen, bad drives happen, and blown plays happen. It's part of the game. At least we PLAY hard week in week out. The coaches tell you what you are supposed to hear. Do you really want to hear Bugel cuss everyone out in the locker room to prove that we're pissed?

Come on man, you know better:rolleyes:

Guest sith lord
Getting mad at one another and throwing sticks and stones would only make more problems. Accepting defeat as a team is the mark of a... TEAM!

Getting angry and throwing stuff out there will only cause a TO class problem

Gibbs have already stated that this is a "TEAM" loss. But we, as fans, have the right to throw blame where we see fit.

Here we go again, the fair weather fans of the last 10 years.

Can you even recall you had a skins team that fought this hard. Besides the Giants games, look at all our losses on the road. KC, Denver and Tampa?

Tough losses, yes, but I can honestly say the team is looking good. Our offense put u 35 on the top ranked defense in the league. Our defense is banged up and we got a few questionable calls against us, but thats part of the game. Theres still a lot of season left, but I said even before the season started that we would improve this year and become champions next year.

Guest sith lord
The "right"......hmmm, must be later in the fine print of the Constitution

LOL. You do know this is a freedom of speech country. No one's threatning anybody. People are just giving their opinions on the state of the Skins.

There's a difference between negativety and being critical. I'm always critical of my sports teams because I want to win that bad. It's like when my nephews get a C average. I want them to get a B.

Granted, this team is leaps and bounds over the teams we had under Spurrier, but that might not be good enough this year. And I admitt, I'm pissed that we gave up 36 points to a team that averages 17. If someone would of came up to me and said the Redskins would score 35 points, I would of bet my paycheck that they would of won.

Any team scores 35 points or more that's a win. For the defense to give up 36 is insane. Allso I'm not looking for perfection with this team but consistency. An equal balance of offensive and defensive performance on the field againts a great team. That did'nt happen with Denver, KC, or the Giants.

This board is amazing.

One week ago, we won a hard-fought, down-to-the-wire, big-time clutch victory over a big rival and playoff contender in the waning seconds.

This week, we lose a hard-fought, down-to-the-wire, game in the waning seconds against a team that is now 6-3 and must be considered a playoff contender.

The difference between the two outcomes? A few bounces, a few inches.

Last week we were all on top of the world, now the sky is falling.

Right now, we have a good team. Not great, but better than we've had in years. Enjoy it, for goodness sakes. When was the last time we've had such meaningful and well-played games this late in the season?

That was an excellent post by Henry.

Can I go a bit further on something he touched on to say that we won't be a dominating team until we get some key personnel acquisitions.

As long as JG is coach and Brunell is a healthy QB, we'll be competitive, but we need DE and some depth on the D and O Lines to dominate.

I was hoping one of our journeymen might have a career year, but it doesn't look like it.

But, I'm having more fun this year watching this team than I have in a dozen.

HTTR.

ahhyeaa,

I disagree with this thread, especially the stab you took at Brunell. You are largely mistaking humble for being "smug". Brunell is a devout christian and is very soft spoken, polite, generous and is just not even close to being the sort of player that a fan should be complaining about...say like maybe T.O. for instance.

However, there was one point that you made that I thought was true but needed to be localized a bit more. Like you, I am also tired of seeing the same mistakes being committed over and over again. But where we differ, is that I am sick of seeing the same mistakes being made by the same individuals over and over again on the offensive line.

I am not going to name names because there are fans here that defend players like they are a member of there family or something and I hate squabling online like nerds :). But there are at least two individuals on that line that rarely, (if ever) that get called for a penalty and there are the two that seem to consistantly have their numbers called on the PA every week. The third guy is kind of mediocre in that department.

That was the only thing that I agreed with in your thread. Eveything else to me was way over the top.

This team reminds me of someone who always screws up again and again. Then they do nothing to change and it seems to never really bother them.

I'm so sick and tired of this team giving games away and then saying we'll go look at the film or they played a heck of a game or we beat ourself. This team never gets pissed off with their mistakes or seem to really care about correcting them. They continue to turn the ball over every game. Why? Not one of our players switches hands with the ball and it's never in the hand it should be. They keep it in the same hand no matter what all the time. Brunell continues to carry the football likes it's a dirty diaper. All QB's are taught to keep 2 hands on the ball at all times but Brunell refuses to do this. Not to mention he appears to be one of the smuggest people I have ever seen. He acts like a know it all that you can't say nothing to. Nobody on this team ever steps up and makes a play on his own. The only time players on this team make a play is when the coach makes a pefect play call and it's so wide open that me or anyone else could make it. It would seem the theory of probability would kick in and our DE's could get a sack 1 out of every 100 plays, but it hasn't. I hear Gibbs talk about True Redskins, people with character. He might want to consider talking about "True Competitors" people who hate to lose and people who don't accept it and people who don't repeat the same mistakes and people who go above and beyond of what is expected of them.

Dude, during the post game show that locker room was a morgue. They do not accept losing, under any circumstances. Under Norv and Spurrier, the locker room would have sounded like they won. So you are mistaken there.

Next with the not switching hands thing. I have seen Moss and Portis do it just like they are supposed to with my own eyes, so again, you are embellishing. And as far as the QB ALWAYS needing to keep 2 hands on the ball, that's not always possible. As warm and fuzzy as it might make you feel to see Brunell running around back there with two hands on the ball at all times...well, watch other games and tell me how often every other QB runs around like that. Not very.

I think maybe you are still hot and can't think real straight. I don't know what happened with the defense yesterday, but something went horribly wrong. You can't let Opie throw the ball all over creation like that. If I was on that Skins D, I would be flat-out embarrassed, to the point that I would have trouble going to the grocery store this week for fear someone would recognize me.

We're still 5-4 and only a game out. This season is far from over. Hopefully we can get some bodies back on the D and a lot of this nonsense can get corrected. At least that is what I am hanging my hat on at the moment.

That was an excellent post by Henry.

Can I go a bit further on something he touched on to say that we won't be a dominating team until we get some key personnel acquisitions.

As long as JG is coach and Brunell is a healthy QB, we'll be competitive, but we need DE and some depth on the D and O Lines to dominate.

I was hoping one of our journeymen might have a career year, but it doesn't look like it.

But, I'm having more fun this year watching this team than I have in a dozen.

HTTR.

Well, I'm not so sure your just going to snap your fingers and have all these things hapen as Henry and some of you are saying.

We could very well be blowing a golden opportunity. There is nothing written in stone that says we wil be as good or better next year. We could very easily be worse.

1)Who knows if Brunell will play next year. He could very well get hurt or decide to retire. If he was to play there is no way he would put up the numbers he is this year and If he dosen't play we don't have anyone yet who is capable of replacing him by next year.

2)Springs will be another year older and is known for being injury prone. If something was to happen to him that leaves us with no shutdown CB and we still need another CB. Harris can't play and I question Rogers speed at the position.

3)Sean Taylor could be in jail. That would leave our secondary beyond repair. You could see the affect of his abscense yesterday.

4)We still need another good WR and a DE wich will not be cheap. There is no way we could afford both not to mention we will need to sign other players.

5)We could improve at OL and TE to.

6)We possibly may have to replace key components in our special teams our punter and kicker not to mention we still need a PR and KR.

The point is just because Joe Gibbs will have another year dosen't mean we will have better players next year and dosen't mean we will be any better and it's still not an excuse to give games away. Our salay cap is screwed from the previous years and during Gibbs first tour there was no salary cap and he had a great GM and was able to go out and get who he needed. We one the super bowl one year with the most free agents in the league on one team. Gibbs is a great coach and you can easily see the improvement but he had TALENT in his previous years and it will be much harder to come by this time around.

Archived