Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Team Is A Born Loser

ahhyeaa

Guest sith lord
Wow...some fan you are...

We're 5-4...that's not a losing record.

I need to stop reading threads like this.

:doh:

We're 5-4 and at the rate the defense is declining, we'll finish 7-9.

I was a Redskin fan before you were born, thank you. And just because I'm not totally satisfied with this team doesn't make me any less a fan as you.

Before I was born! :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, it's okay to be critical, but you're looking for perfection. It doesn't happen. Miami was the last team to be perfect...back in 1972....

...before I was born....hahahhahhhaaa....

I was a Redskin fan before you were born, thank you. And just because I'm not totally satisfied with this team doesn't make me any less a fan as you.

Every post I read from you is filled with negativity, very similar of those that I read from Cowboy fans.

How can you agree with this post? Are you trying to tell me this team doesn't give it's all every game? Are you trying to tell me we're not improving upon the awful teams we've had the past 3 seasons?

Come on. It's one thing to be concerned with something you see, it's a completely different thing to be negative about everything...

We're 5-4 and at the rate the defense is declining, we'll finish 7-9.

Declining? Our offense was tremendous. ST improved. And the defense, well, we miss Griffin and Taylor. And I'd like to see Harris replaced by the rookie (which might finally happen after this week.)

But declining? Oy!

Guest sith lord
Before I was born! :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, it's okay to be critical, but you're looking for perfection. It doesn't happen. Miami was the last team to be perfect...back in 1972....

...before I was born....hahahhahhhaaa....

Believe me, I'm not looking for perfection, I just don't like regression half way through the season. And this defense has regressed as of late.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you see this team as comparative to the teams fielded the last 12 years. Remind me again when the team was last competitive?

For the sake of comparison, let's answer this one:

We are currently 5-4 and 2-1 in the division.

In 2004 We were 3-6 and 0-2 at this point in the season.

2003: 4-5 and 0-3

2002: 4-5 and 0-1

2001: 4-5 and 1-2

This team has been flailing about aimlessly for five years now. This year is the first time since Turner left that we are finally seeing some direction. Some progress. And it's not like the Turner years were all that great. We have a LOT of demons to excersize from this team. But comparing this year to the past five years, it's clear that we are finally headed in the right direction. I can wait a little longer before demanding perfection.

Guest sith lord
Every post I read from you is filled with negativity, very similar of those that I read from Cowboy fans.

How can you agree with this post? Are you trying to tell me this team doesn't give it's all every game? Are you trying to tell me we're not improving upon the awful teams we've had the past 3 seasons?

Come on. It's one thing to be concerned with something you see, it's a completely different thing to be negative about everything...

There's a difference between negativety and being critical. I'm always critical of my sports teams because I want to win that bad. It's like when my nephews get a C average. I want them to get a B.

Granted, this team is leaps and bounds over the teams we had under Spurrier, but that might not be good enough this year. And I admitt, I'm pissed that we gave up 36 points to a team that averages 17. If someone would of came up to me and said the Redskins would score 35 points, I would of bet my paycheck that they would of won.

The guy is telling the truth, im tired of this city being represented by people who dont give a f#@# about winning or losing. Same old lame excuses every dam game. Do nothing to win and do everything to lose.

YOU have NO clue if you think those guys don't care. I happen to know....I happen to hear the frustration and anger in the voices. You sir, have no clue.

For the sake of comparison, let's answer this one:

We are currently 5-4 and 2-1 in the division.

In 2004 We were 3-6 and 0-2 at this point in the season.

2003: 4-5 and 0-3

2002: 4-5 and 0-1

2001: 4-5 and 1-2

This team has been flailing about aimlessly for five years now. This year is the first time since Turner left that we are finally seeing some direction. Some progress. And it's not like the Turner years were all that great. We have a LOT of demons to excersize from this team. But comparing this year to the past five years, it's clear that we are finally headed in the right direction. I can wait a little longer before demanding perfection.

Thank you Henry. I appreciate you.

There's a difference between negativety and being critical. I'm always critical of my sports teams because I want to win that bad. It's like when my nephews get a C average. I want them to get a B.

Granted, this team is leaps and bounds over the teams we had under Spurrier, but that might not be good enough this year. And I admitt, I'm pissed that we gave up 36 points to a team that averages 17. If someone would of came up to me and said the Redskins would score 35 points, I would of bet my paycheck that they would of won.

Your "critical" passes as "negative" in my book.

Blondie

Guest sith lord
YOU have NO clue if you think those guys don't care. I happen to know....I happen to hear the frustration and anger in the voices. You sir, have no clue.

Thank you Henry. I appreciate you.

Your "critical" passes as "negative" in my book.

Blondie

You have a right to your opinion. But you're wrong.

Guest sith lord
Well, then I guess that's it.

Sith says it .....so therefore.......that is the way it is.

Have no clue why anyone else should have an opinion.

Blondie

I do think I have a better view of the what I see and the way I'm feeling than you do. You atleast admitt to being confused, so I'll give you a pass.

Ahhhhhhhhh.... i'm not sure if i'm reading a redskins message board or watching ESPN.... what fan EVER calls their team a born loser?

payCeSkin, that type of voice has many a follower on every team's message board. The internet is very inclusive :D

At least we're all happy when we win, or at least less suicidal.

Now that's when it would be really bad. Like if we get into the 2nd round of the play-offs through great fortune and really great play, and then after losing we still have the same level of "oh gawd jeez we're such losers and our coaches and players can't do sheet" :laugh: .

You know what? This team probably isn't good enough this year. I never thought it was. I said 9-7 at the beginning of the season and 9-7 still looks about right. Personally I AM just happy being leaps and bounds better than Spurrier. As I said before, this team has sucked, and sucked BAD for a LONG time. It's not like Gibbs I, when he still had holdovers from the Allen Era who knew how to win. Gibbs inherited a team of losers. He's had to completely erase that loser mentality that has permeated this team for over a decade and start over. If you hadn't noticed, we ARE getting there.

Tampa was a team we all felt we should beat. We gave the game away. I get that. This is the first time this season I felt we lost to a team we were clearly better than. It's a feeling I got 6-8 times a year when Turner was here, and pretty much every game Spurrier coached.

But the big difference this time (other than the fact that this is the first time in 9 weeks it's happened) is that the Bucs, the team we should have beaten, was a 5-3 team. With the #1 defense.

And the game was in Tampa.

Think about that for a second.

In 1997 we'd lose to the 3-13 Rams or the 5-11 Ravens ... at home, and I'd feel we were underachieving. In 2003 we lose to the 4-12 Giants or 5-11 Cowboys at home. Today its a winning team on the road.

That is progress. Not perfection. We aren't the Colts, who have been in the same system with the same players for five years. We are a borderline playoff team who hasn't previously had any business even thinking about the playoffs in six years.

I don't think we should be pleased with a loss. It's seriously dissappointing to realize we're not as far along as we all had hoped. But I think much of the criticism that predictably finds its way here after every loss stems from excessive expectations. 17-10 didn't turn us into superbowl contenders, and 35-36 doesn't make us a bunch of no-account losers. Perspective is an important thing. Let's not all lose sight of it.

Bro, as a professional, I sure hope you don't use the same type of approach with your nephew.

Setting high standards and encouraging effort, even endorsing a real sense of competitiveness can be great if done in a positive and supportive manner, and not in a one-dimensional negative emotional rant like what's ok in a football thread :silly: But I'm sure you aren't like that, man. :cheers:

You know what? This team probably isn't good enough this year. I never thought it was. I said 9-7 at the beginning of the season and 9-7 still looks about right. Personally I AM just happy being leaps and bounds better than Spurrier. As I said before, this team has sucked, and sucked BAD for a LONG time. It's not like Gibbs I, when he still had holdovers from the Allen Era who knew how to win. Gibbs inherited a team of losers. He's had to completely erase that loser mentality that has permeated this team for over a decade and start over. If you hadn't noticed, we ARE getting there.

Tampa was a team we all felt we should beat. We gave the game away. I get that. This is the first time this season I felt we lost to a team we were clearly better than. It's a feeling I got 6-8 times a year when Turner was here, and pretty much every game Spurrier coached.

But the big difference this time (other than the fact that this is the first time in 9 weeks it's happened) is that the Bucs, the team we should have beaten, was a 5-3 team. With the #1 defense.

In 1997 we'd lose to the 3-13 Rams or the 5-11 Ravens ... at home, and I'd feel we were underachieving. In 2003 we lose to the 4-12 Giants or 5-11 Cowboys at home. Today its a winning team on the road.

That is progress. Not perfection. We aren't the Colts, who have been in the same system with the same players for five years. We are a borderline playoff team who hasn't previously had any business even thinking about the playoffs in six years.

I don't think we should be pleased with a loss. It's seriously dissappointing to realize we're not as far along as we all had hoped. But I think much of the criticism that predictably finds its way here after every loss stems from excessive expectations. 17-10 didn't turn us into superbowl contenders, and 35-36 doesn't make us a bunch of no-account losers. Perspective is an important thing. Let's not all lose sight of it.

Well said, Henry. I tried to express similar thoughts in the "rational" thread last night, but nowhere near as succinctly and clearly as you just did.

Guest sith lord
Bro, as a professional, I sure hope you don't use the same type of approach with your nephew.

Setting high standards and encouraging effort, even endorsing a real sense of competitiveness can be great if done in a positive and supportive manner, and not in a one-dimensional negative emotional rant like what's ok in a football thread :silly: But I'm sure you aren't like that, man. :cheers:

I don't. I'm just not the kind of guy that's happy with well enough. If I feel you're underachieving, that bothers me.

Guest sith lord

I agree, expecially with your last point.

Not to mention he appears to be one of the smuggest people I have ever seen. He acts like a know it all that you can't say nothing to.

Why take this shot at Brunell? This guy got pilloried for his performance last season. Yet I've never seen a trace of bitterness - or smugness - in any interview of him. He's always been quick to talk about the team and deflect individual accolades away from himself.

Henry--good post. You analyzed the situation very well. There is improvement, but all of us fans have been so ansy for the postseason for so long that we are getting ahead of ourselves. If we keep this team intact, which I see no reason why we couldn't, we'll be even better next year, which is a scary thought. We have a few things to address: cornerback, d-line, receiver. But overall, this team has taken a huge leap forward this season, and there is still plenty of season left.

Archived