Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is there such a big deal about Bush and VA

jbooma

They are saying it would be a shocker if Bush can not get Kilgore the state.

Hello, Warner won the last election has a huge approval rating and is backing Kaine. Personally I hate both of the guy running and would love to have Warner come back, but we are backwards and only allow one term for the governor :doh:

I think the media is blowing this way out of porportion, plus Kilgore has been way off on his adds and made it too personal.

Watch- If Kilgore wins there will be barely a peep

If he loses all hell will break loose and it'll be a refferndum about Bush

This happened in VA before when Randy Forbes won a special election congressional seat by Va Beach a few years ago- had he lost it would have been a black eye for the administration

But since he won, I bet you have no idea what the hell I am talking about

Watch- If Kilgore wins there will be barely a peep

If he loses all hell will break loose and it'll be a refferndum about Bush

This happened in VA before when Randy Forbes won a special election congressional seat by Va Beach a few years ago- had he lost it would have been a black eye for the administration

But since he won, I bet you have no idea what the hell I am talking about

I agree.

Plus what many outside of VA do not know that the northern part which is mostly democratic is the largest part, and has the most influence. Yes in the south they are conservative, but do now have the numbers like the north.

I agree.

Plus what many outside of VA do not know that the northern part which is mostly democratic is the largest part, and has the most influence. Yes in the south they are conservative, but do now have the numbers like the north.

you think northern virginia is mostly democratic???? Where do you live??? NOVA is mostly republican.... maybe in places like Woodbridge and Dumfries (if you consider those towns northern va) it's democratic, but fairfax county? I strongly disagree.

you think northern virginia is mostly democratic???? Where do you live??? NOVA is mostly republican.... maybe in places like Woodbridge and Dumfries (if you consider those towns northern va) it's democratic, but fairfax county? I strongly disagree.

then how did Warner win last time. Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Vienna, etc... are mainly demorcratic

now the further south you go yes it is conservative but the main part of northern va is turning democratic

then how did Warner win last time. Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Vienna, etc... are mainly demorcratic

now the further south you go yes it is conservative but the main part of northern va is turning democratic

I still disagree. Maybe Arlington...because it's so close to DC...maybe Alexandria.... but you can't account that to them being democratic. Maybe they just didn't like the republican candidate. Maybe they thought Warner was attractive, or they liked his ideas. Using that logic we'd say that most of America is Republican since Bush won. Is that true?

I still disagree. Maybe Arlington...because it's so close to DC...maybe Alexandria.... but you can't account that to them being democratic. Maybe they just didn't like the republican candidate. Maybe they thought Warner was attractive, or they liked his ideas. Using that logic we'd say that most of America is Republican since Bush won. Is that true?

all you have to do is look out the laws they pass in those areas, and you can tell

i used to work with FFX Government it is pretty democratic :)

there has been a large shift i would say in the last 15 years in this area

Warner won last time because Republican Gilmore bankrupted the state before him. It was perceived that Gilmore lost it rather than Warner winning.

If Kaine wins, it means that a red state has possibly moved into the blue column; it's perceived that Kaine's only reason for winning is that he is not a Republican. Also, Kilgore is a crony of the Bush family, particular of Malcolm Bush, whom he kept out of prison, thereby winning George's favor. Not voting for Kilgore is tantamount to an anti-Bush vote, or so it is perceived.

Warner won last time because Republican Gilmore bankrupted the state before him. It was perceived that Gilmore lost it rather than Warner winning.

If Kaine wins, it means that a red state has possibly moved into the blue column; it's perceived that Kaine's only reason for winning is that he is not a Republican. Also, Kilgore is a crony of the Bush family, particular of Malcolm Bush, whom he kept out of prison, thereby winning George's favor. Not voting for Kilgore is tantamount to an anti-Bush vote, or so it is perceived.

funny because Warner didn't run against Gilmore or did you know that :D

Wilder was democratic as well.

Actually Kaine won Fairfax by almost 50,000 votes...Prince William by 80.

I would consider both part of NOVA. In fact, since the commuting range stretches all the way to Fredericksburg, I would throw Stafford into the equation as well.

i wouldn't count this election for anything, as nobody really likes either candidate.

It means that Warner is popular enough to help someone who you claim isn't very well-liked to get a majority of the vote.

This might not mean a lot for Bush or the Republican Party nationally, but it definitely speaks volumes for the job that Warner has done.

It means that Warner is popular enough to help someone who you claim isn't very well-liked to get a majority of the vote.

This might not mean a lot for Bush or the Republican Party nationally, but it definitely speaks volumes for the job that Warner has done.

i'm not doubting warner's effect, i'm just doubting all the analysis that goes into this, such as the color of northern VA.

i'm not doubting warner's effect, i'm just doubting all the analysis that goes into this, such as the color of northern VA.

I was just trying to point out one thing that we could count this election for. You're probably right that we can't say anything about definitive about Virginia in the next Presidential election, but this definitely makes Warner's future look bright, be it in Virginia or on a national level.

i wouldn't count this election for anything, as nobody really likes either candidate.

That's exactly when you can read something into it, when the vote is really about other things. Like maybe Warner being a big help to the Democrat, and Bush not providing any boost to the Republican.

VA a blue state? LMAO!!! Let's get real here ok.

VA is one of the most conservative states in the US.

Time to move to a new state if you think that Johnny. NOVA has become an educated society with a LOT of northerners moving to that area. We're infultrating your society, and I LOVE IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:jk:

All kidding aside though, Virginia is not one of the "most conservative states", not by a long shot. They lean right, mainly because of the Pentagon, Andrews and the military in the area, but it is starting to change. This country is completely changing before our eyes, and we are witnessing the Bush democrats just like the Reagan republicans.

Archived