Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it mean?

MissU28

So one of the boys in my class is a huge Eagles fan. When the Redskins lose, he comes in and ribs me about it. He also boos when the Assistant Principal and the Speech teacher come on the morning news with their weekly "Redskins Report" on Fridays and Mondays.

On Friday, after he booed, he told me the Redskins were going to lose.

Well, I get into it with the boys in my class, it's a lot of fun. The boys are obsessed with changing the wallpapers on our 3 computers in the classroom. To make us all happy, one wallpaper was dedicated to Santana Moss, one to Jerome Bettis (big Steelers fans in the class, too) and one to Donovan Mcnabb. The screensavers said, "Go Eagles" "Go Steelers" and "Go Redskins"

WELL...yesterday I went on all those computers and changed ALL the wallpapers to Skins...kept the Santana one, changed Donovan to Santana and changed Bettis to Darrell Green :D I changed one of the screensavers to say "Skins 17 Eagles 10", another one was changed to "Redskins Rule" and I kept up the "Go Redskins" one.

ALSO...hahaha I'm so immature. I just printed out pictures of Portis scoring a TD and taped them to my Eagles' fan's desk. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow :):):)

Is this mean? Am I wrong to rib on young fans like this? They need to know wassup in MY classroom, you know?

:laugh: :laugh:

Is this mean? Am I wrong to rib on young fans like this? They need to know wassup in MY classroom, you know?

Not mean at all!

They're still young. There's still time to break them out of the mentality of being a 4th class citizen :)

No, it's not mean at all.

I was in 403 sitting right next to the stairs for the game and yelled at a Father/Son combo in Eagles jerseys leaving in the 4th Quarter with their tails between their legs. They gave people grief all-night. A misguided Eagle fan and his rather young son were sitting directly in the section next to us. A rather evil and sadistic part of me hoped his son would hear me heckling these guys and would start crying. Old enough to do the crime of trespassing in our house, old enough to do the time... :cheers:

As long as he doesn't cry(Which as an Eagles fan, he very well may do) or his folks don't come to school and give you grief, don't sweat it

His parents come for a conference on Thursday morning. I have these sheets I filled out that list their child's grades for the quarter and his strengths and weaknesses. Under weaknesses (he's one of my good kids and is getting all A's) the only thing I've written is "is an Eagles fan" with a smiley face next to it. Hopefully his parents will find the humor. I think his dad's an Iggles fan too, so we'll see how it pans out.

His parents come for a conference on Thursday morning. I have these sheets I filled out that list their child's grades for the quarter and his strengths and weaknesses. Under weaknesses (he's one of my good kids and is getting all A's) the only thing I've written is "is an Eagles fan" with a smiley face next to it. Hopefully his parents will find the humor. I think his dad's an Iggles fan too, so we'll see how it pans out.

Now that's funny. Let us know how they react.

I can only hope he doesn't go home and tell his parents......and then the principal ( :) ) has to step in.

I don't know about you, but there are students here who have their parents call me about their teachers.......and I just hate that.

Blondie

well, this boy and I are always going back and forth, and I haven't heard anything yet, so it should be fine. I think he'll think it's humorous. He's not the type to go home and complain...I have yet to have a child go home and complain about me....(knock on wood)

Archived