Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Surprising comment from Mike Sellers on Channel 9...

wilbur58z

What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see the Skins wear as an alternate Jersey?

• Theres no need for an alternate jersey
    • Mostly black (like on redskins.com vid) but the #'s gold and outlined in burgendy
    • An inverse of our current jersey. Where burgendy currently is, would be gold and vise versa
    • The Miami U look with some burgendy and gold but major color is black
    • same color schemes but different layout and styles of numbers and lettering
    • other

It obviously has something to do with Clinton Portis, because on tonight's NBC-4 sportscast, while dressed in another crazy get-up Portis guaranteed that Sunday would be very productive for him. Of course, "productive" is a relative term when compared to Portis' performance last week.

Interesting.

My guess is that they will zone block on every run play and not just here and there like they've been doing.

Sellers would be privy to this since he's a tight end and mostly blocks.

This is also a week after Denver spanked Philly on the ground, so maybe that convinced the Redskins to go to zone blocking full time for this game at least.

And with the injuries to the defensive line, Philly's offense has to be kept off the field.

Having a good running game would provide that. And maybe zone blocking is what they're going to do to make that happen.

The comma is generally placed inside the end-quotes, but whatever. :)

Also, may or may not be used before "but" allowing either to remain grammatically correct.

I went to the store but there was no milk.

I went to the store, but there was no milk.

Hmm Sunday is almost here. Thanm goodness, but there is no milk.

Here are my nuggets........

Taylor was the only player giving it his all last week. He'll get some "offense of" plays. Portis & Taylor split with Sellars behind Brunell. Cooley at Tight End and Moss split wide. They'll have to put a saftey over the top of Moss otherwise we can throw it to him all day in that formation. If they keep safety help with Moss then Brunell can call any run play at the line. Straight up the gut with Sellars, left side with Taylor, right side with Portis.

Tell me that just didn't send shivers up your spine.

That will be come too predictable. "Oh Portis has the ball cover right!" or whatever. I like the formation but a lot of bad things can happen if your not used to it.

You'll see Betts and Cartwright in this situation before you'll see Taylor and Sellers.

It was the 5-receiver set wasn't it? I haven't seen them run that this year. Plus tghere were a couple other plays they haven't run before. The toss to Portis for example.

Are you talking about the spread? If so, they have run that before (several times in the first half of the 49ers game). The toss-sweep is nothing new either.

I didn't see anything new and exciting in the offensive scheme. I was disappointed.

Archived