Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Sportsnite Just said

BlindSideBlitz

Thank you Art! I've wondered why nobody has responded to my posts dealing with the fact that Lavar must have been in la-la land when he said the coaches rushed him back last year. I'm sure you heard his inverview on 980 last the VERY DAY he rushed himself back on the wet field and re-injured his knee. I was astonished when he said that the coaches rushed him back several months later... it was flat-out unbelievable.

But I am in the middle here. I want Lavar on the field and believe that he is starting to get it now. I won't go into all the details (I already did that on a previous post), but I think he'll end up seeing more and more playing time because he is indeed starting to get it.

And, again, no one who's a fan of this team actually BELIEVES Lavar is a legitimate pass rush option. He's not. He's not very good at all from the end spot in the pass rush.

True but he is the best pass rush option we have besides Griff Dawg!!! D-Line Rules!!!!!

Who knows if this is true? The only way we know how he is performing is if they have it on tape during the practices, which are closed to my knowledge...or he plays in the game and performs like it has been reported. Just because Comcast said that some anonymous source says that its true doesn't make it so.

Thier was no anonymous source Chick Hernadez said a few players have all told him that Lavar is killing the offense in practice. They were upset about the whole ordeal and sounded has if they'd approach the coaches if he was involved soon. Chick does alot of Skins postgame work and is on with Springs weekly on monday night live show. Monday night it was Chick,Jansen,Springs and Marcus Washington they were celebrating his birthday. I believe that the players told Chick that directly the guy has never spewed out nonsense. Thier is no way he just made it up because he has'nt been chanting for LA.

ART,you are the SKINS resident spin doctor they should really put you on the payroll.. I keep thinking Vinny everytime I read your post :silly: jk but again he can't have many braincells so it can't be you.

Bellichick has never had a linebacker with Arrington's physical talent. Yet he has won 3 Super Bowls.

QUOTE]

If you go back to his (Bill B.) days with the Much Hated Giants, I recall he coached a guy with more talent than LA, a guy by the name of LT.... Banks and Carson weren't bad either.

Geez, if I read "LaVar is finally getting it" one more time in a post...lol...What an empty, generic phrase.

When some said it after his interview this week, it fit more appropriately, for LaVar "getting it" seemed to refer to his keeping his thoughts about his playing time to himself. But now it's getting attached to anything even remotely positive concerning LaVar...if someone says LaVar's socks looked cleaner yesterday than normal, there will be about 45 posters who will automatically respond with "looks like LaVar is finally getting it, then"...

I also think it's....coincidental, to say the least, that LaVar is "finally getting it" right after the Skins allowed 49 points in back-to-back losses. The chants of "The Skins are 3-0! Trust the coaches!" lost a little luster now that the Skins are 3-2...and the "Williams' scheme requires rock-solid discipline to work and LaVar would be a hindrance" line doesn't seem quite as undeniable a retort with the defense allowing several long scoring plays the past two weeks in defeats...and happening at times when the defense and its rock-solid-disciplined players should have been shutting down the opposition. Instead, two 50+ yard TD scores were allowed late in the last two games when the score was either tied or within 4 points.

But I'm sure all of this is simply LaVar finally "getting it"...

Good post. Of course, it gets lost in the sea of little Goebbels out there, parroting not even what coaches have said in some cases, but just putting the stamp of the 'coaches' approval' on their own PERCEPTION of what occurred.

To me, that's what has made the site less enjoyable, not the few morons whose posts I can easily ignore.

One of the anchors said he has spoken to several players and they said that Lavar is "BLOWING UP" the offense in practice and if he does not play soon then they are going to go in to the office and ask the coaches to play him. This is just my opinion but I think the players are Springs, Jansen and Washington. The anchor does a show on Monday Nights called Monday Night Live and they were all on it yesterday and talked alot about Lavar but would not come out and say it on camera. It seemed like they can't wait for him to play. I think that have told him this after the show. Just my opinion. Please dont ban me just passing along news.

Effin Awesome!!! Especially when It's 3 of the veterans and team leaders!! :applause:

I would say some of us are saying that LA is 'getting it' because of his performance on the John Thompson show. He didn't play the wounded soldier, was complementary towards his team and didn't kick the coaches around.

Perhaps his realization that the coaches weren't going to budge finally motivated him to play within 'the rules' and impress when getting his reps.

Personally, I don't care if it's the chicken or the egg that came first. I want to win. If LA can help fine. But I also think the guys seeing him each day in practice can better evaluate his potential contribution to winning than any of us.

Good post. Of course, it gets lost in the sea of little Goebbels out there, parroting not even what coaches have said in some cases, but just putting the stamp of the 'coaches' approval' on their own PERCEPTION of what occurred.

To me, that's what has made the site less enjoyable, not the few morons whose posts I can easily ignore.

Somebody had to reference the Nazis because we're loyal to the coaches. :doh:

Gibbs got us to 4 SBs, LA - 0.

Ghost,

"A sea of little Goebbels?"

Yeah, clearly what's less enjoyable about the board these days is people expressing the opinion that the coaches give every indication of knowing what they're doing---or at least more than the legion of internet masterminds out here.

To me, what sometimes makes the site "less enjoyable" these days is not only the moron factor, but also the factor of veteran posters who cannot or will not see the hypocrisy of constantly criticizing people who assess a given situation, and end up siding with the professional's position, for THEIR hubris.

Listen everybody that is argueing he called out the coaches and owner and he should keep quiet or he'd be playing don't you see something wrong thier really?

Should LA have aired dirty laundrey no way it was the wrong move I agree. But should personal issues stand in the way of having your biggest playmaker on the field causing havoc??

This whole ordeal has been personal from Danny,JG and GW to even Lavar. Just listen to how hasty Blache acts or how about Bugels comments. He makes 1 great play then 4-5 bad plays. Mr.Bugel show me those plays or are you just slandering the guy? This is all personal thier is no other way to spin it.

Just go back to TC last year read all the articules go rewatch last years preseason and games againest TB and NY. Read all the quotes from these same coaches praising the guy up until his injury and contract dispute.

Lavar will play outstanding and be the biggest standout on this defense has soon has he gets fulltime burn if it ever happens here you'll see. It won't have anything to do with coaches breaking him down,injury or learning his assignments. And if the coaches get the credit i'll puke which I know they will from the LIL DANNY fan club for sure. Lavar will never be mistake free not many big play guys are just watch our very own ST get burnt like toast being aggressive or watch Ray Lewis CLOSELY.

Far better to parrot what has been said than to ignore it and claim it is not actually in play, as you and the hear no evil monkeys have adopted as your position.

As for Williams, no, he hasn't lied in the slightest. Lavar IS in on packages. Obviously they are the packages we haven't had opportunity to call yet. Prevent packages where we are focused only on the pass and devoting everything to coverage. Those are the only package sets we haven't run yet this year because the situation of games hasn't allowed it.

Art, art, art--didn't realize you had access to the playbook. Way to tow the party line. If you believe this rhetoric about Lavar's packages, what won't you believe? I don't see anything "obvious" about the fact that none of Lavar's packages have been called. In fact, if a coaching staff is willing to design not just a package, but several "packages" for a player--isn't the stronger argument that Lavar's packages are being called, but Lavar is being replaced with say, hmmm, I don't know--Clemons or Holdman?

Om,

My use of that name had a very specific purpose. He is probably the most notorious propagandist in history. Since most of you are too intelligent and not absurd, I wouldn't call you the Iraqi Information Minister--(though how that would be less 'horrible' a thing, I don't really know, other than perceptions.)

Therefore, I use a name to display my belief that a good many of the people on this board prefer to engage in retroactive, proactive and redactive boosterism of whatever they perceive the coaching staff's position to be. That doesn't mean ALL, for I've encountered people who have varying opinions on different subjects(for instance pro-Brunell decision, but anti-Lavar decisions a la fansince.)

If I had said Eisenstein, would that have made anyone feel better? Would most of the people addressed know who I was talking about?

In any event, sorry, I see a lot of 'discussion' on ANY given issue that demonstrated some are incapable of not being apologists for the staff, even in situations where it may be something the staff IS looking at and just hasn't implemented or felt was too risky (changing snap counts up a bit.)

People want to say that it's the noobs who've brought down the discussion, but I can ignore those posts. Ironically, it's Gibbs and the staff who've brought it down. Before ASF could go on about McCants, Kim Helton or someone else would go off on Marty trying to teach Darrell Green "technique."

But now, some argue from the vantage point of 'coach infallibility' and refuse to even argue from an 'even' footing. It degenerates into an argument over the credibility of the coaching staff, when in reality it should just be a damn argument about what we know and can see(but the problem is, some people never take sides that don't somehow act as apologia for the perceived staff opinion.) Some of us are positive about the team overall, and have faith in the staff AND organization AND players but quibble on a few, though a significant few, issues.

Some of us do not appreciate being told one thing one week, then it evolves as more TRUTH comes out and then the same people who told us the truth was X, now say it still is X despite the new evidence telling us that it actually is more XY or maybe even just Y. It seems there are more than a few posters who will ignore previous statements or actions so that they can focus ONLY on the ones that form the most airtight case for "the staff." It's true, some will do this for other issues, but the 'divide' on this board is not from individual posters being selective on unique topics.

And Om, trust me, before anyone started questioning the resident Ministry of Truth, honest and sincere critics were already being called out for 'questioning Gibbs.' Hate to get into a 'who started it' thing here, but it was the reaction against those who dared utter a word of criticism or merely observation that has struck blows against the site's quality. You couldn't even let an observation about snap counts pass without telling us it wasn't really a big deal, even though coaching staff from the Chiefs told them to 1) look out for how Brunell holds the ball and swipe it out and 2) listen to the count and burst off the line because it's the same

How are we to categorize such a response? A veteran poster skeptical of something an opponent says because it MIGHT (and only might, we have no idea what they're talking about in Redskins Park) be a reflection on a mistake or obstinance of the coaching staff? When Darren Sharper talked about the offense last year, is a HoF-type defensive signal caller somehow not credible? This thing has been going on since "the Return." Same things last year, except LAST YEAR, maybe due to results, some of the people from 2005 who have become the apologists were actually critical last year (including Art.)

Guest Gichin13

If you're in Law School, you might want to get to the class that explains the difference between personally hearing a direct quote, versus reading a direct quote in a paper :).

NM.

Art, art, art--didn't realize you had access to the playbook. Way to tow the party line. If you believe this rhetoric about Lavar's packages, what won't you believe? I don't see anything "obvious" about the fact that none of Lavar's packages have been called. In fact, if a coaching staff is willing to design not just a package, but several "packages" for a player--isn't the stronger argument that Lavar's packages are being called, but Lavar is being replaced with say, hmmm, I don't know--Clemons or Holdman?

Are you kidding?

I don't have to have access to the playbook to know we have prevent packages among the 21 packages we were said to have back in training camp. And, I merely have to watch the game to know which packages have not yet been called given we play so many close games. And, I know Lavar is in at practice on packages he's in on. And, I know he's not playing, which kind of narrows down which packages he's in on.

This stuff is really very easy. It's FAR easier, for example, than denying packages exist at all and that if they do Lavar is not on any of them, which, of course, he is. Lavar isn't being replaced with Clemons or Holdman. Lavar isn't ahead of either and hasn't earned time yet in their packages yet. We hope he will, but, since he never has gotten ahead of either, he's never been replaced by either.

once again the infallible gut says that Arrington is just not a winner. He doesn't have the mental toughness and emotional intelligence to become a top player in the NFL. He relies on his physical talent and past press clippings of highlight derring-do to try and impress Gibbs and Williams and force his way on the field.

it aint' working :)

in fact he is further in the doghouse now than if he had just accepted his role and worked to get some credibility back.

but that is not his style.

he is too emotionally insecure to allow himself to be away from the headlines.

he needs the press to fortify himself.

Are you kidding?

I don't have to have access to the playbook to know we have prevent packages among the 21 packages we were said to have back in training camp. And, I merely have to watch the game to know which packages have not yet been called given we play so many close games. And, I know Lavar is in at practice on packages he's in on. And, I know he's not playing, which kind of narrows down which packages he's in on.

This stuff is really very easy. It's FAR easier, for example, than denying packages exist at all and that if they do Lavar is not on any of them, which, of course, he is. Lavar isn't being replaced with Clemons or Holdman. Lavar isn't ahead of either and hasn't earned time yet in their packages yet. We hope he will, but, since he never has gotten ahead of either, he's never been replaced by either.

I beg to differ--He's clearly been replaced by either or both; hence, the numerous Lavar threads on the subject. Also, I don't agree on another point: just because we're in close games doesn't mean we can't utilize prevent packages. We have had teams in several third and longs, I think there was a 3rd and 21 against KC on Sunday where we had dropped back into a prevent zone.

Ghost,

"A sea of little Goebbels?"

Yeah, clearly what's less enjoyable about the board these days is people expressing the opinion that the coaches give every indication of knowing what they're doing---or at least more than the legion of internet masterminds out here.

To me, what sometimes makes the site "less enjoyable" these days is not only the moron factor, but also the factor of veteran posters who cannot or will not see the hypocrisy of constantly criticizing people who assess a given situation, and end up siding with the professional's position, for THEIR hubris.

:laugh:

It's clear that Gibbs and Williams can't see what I see from my Laz-y-Boy. They need to step back forget everything they have learned over the years in the actual biz and see it from our perspective. That would learn 'em some real football.

You don't really know anything about anything until you can sit on a park bench and state to anybody that will listen "You know what they need to do is........................."

Archived