Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Sportsnite Just said

BlindSideBlitz

I have heard Jansen come out and say things like our "80's offense" and Brunell also talk about the offense in a negative way(I can't think of the exact word's but I'm not making this up). Both of these guy's IMO were equally as bad as Lavar even more so by publicly critizing offensive scheme.

which backs up the theory it is football related instead of personal

LaVar has not been a guy with a winning attitude. Changing that is hard. Is anyone here really going to try and convince us that #56 is sitting in his basement like Ray Lewis looking at game films and studying his opponents with teammates on his own time? :laugh:

LaVar as Art has stated has thought to this point that all he had to do was show up and the party would start.

You don't win that way in the NFL.

Does anyone think that Bill Bellichick or Jeff Fisher allow players to read and play from their own playbooks and then still get their teams to the playoffs consistently? :)

No, what these defensive coaches have done is take LESS talented players and get MORE out of them.

That is one of the secrets to their success.

Bellichick has never had a linebacker with Arrington's physical talent. Yet he has won 3 Super Bowls.

Marvin Lewis and Gregg Williams have coached Super Bowl defenses.

But instead of learning from them Arrington fought 'em every step of the way.

And THAT is how he got into his present situation.

Lavar has not been a guy with a winning attitude? How can you possibly make a case for this?

The guy has publicly backed up all of his head coaches, even when there was the possibility of a mutiny with Marty. He has played with injuries, esp. during the year with Marvin Lewis, where he numerous ones, one so bad that could barely grab people because of his wrist.

I disagree completely. The guy wants to win badly and puts everything on the field. He makes mistakes and this freelancing thing is way overblown. He does it sometimes and I"m sure other players in the NFL sometimes do it too, if they think they know the play.

Lavar has had a winning mentality, just said how his abscence makes us all forget how good he used to be for us.

I actually think that Lavar has handled this situation rather well. If anything Greg Williams has poured more fuel on the fire than LA. If a coach has something to say about a player's personal abilities or attitude, it should be addressed behind closed doors. Lavar has not said anything disrespectful about GW or GJ to the media during this whole ordeal. The same can not be said of GW.

That is the truth

Stand up players who have a better vantage point than ALL of us want Lavar in there doing battle with them.

I'm sold.

This is good news. Some of the people in here sound like they would rather waste a talent like Lavar than have him come back and help us win games.

Samuels,

Frankly, Clemons is more of a pass rushing threat than Lavar from the defensive end position. He has more edge control and even a couple of moves. Lavar has no moves or feel and just likes to blast into the chest of a guy 100 pounds heavier. I've always hated Lavar at defensive end. Most fans of the team watching him struggle there and complain about being there, talking about having to battle those big linemen, agree. Again, HE agrees, that's not the spot for him.

He belongs in the back with room to roam where he's a dramatic, dominating force. If I NEVER saw Lavar on the defensive line again it would be too soon :). He doesn't belong there. He's not any good there. He might get five or six chase down sacks for a negative yard or so here and there, but, he will never be as dominating there as he can be when he's allowed to explode into the line from a distance.

But, he can't do that until you believe he won't do that when his assignment is to do something else.

Ya'll are on Synders payroll or no nothing about football. I agree I think LA is better standing up and no he does'nt have many passrush moves. But he is clearly without a shadow of a doubt a better option then Clemons or anybody else on that defense. Dude seriously I just spit my crystal light out all over my keyboard when I read that.

How many sacks has Clemons ever had in his life?

How about Daniels career year in sacks?

Wynn?

Show me somebody that can produce better, please to make this argument sound halfway sane.

Lavar is not at his best in a 3pt stance but he is by far the most proven and scariest option for a QB to see across from him and especially chasing him.

Just give me some facts because thats what i'm giving.

Did you really ask how so?

How so because since LAST year when the coaches were talking about it, Lavar has not been trustworthy enough to play his assignments. Instead, he assumed being Lavar was enough -- and sadly, so many fans seem to agree. Instead of working even harder with his injury to get himself mentally right, he fell behind while the defense was put in for the year, something all acknowledge.

Yet, Lavar felt it was enough to simply BE Lavar and play.

Instead of admitting the fact that he's had constant, DAILY contact with the coaching staff as to the areas of concern they have for him, he told a fib on the radio to deflect his responsiblity and causing the organization to release just enough information to force him to dial it back, which, thankfully, he did.

And, as we've known since Lewis was here, Lavar's biggest problem is Lavar. In response to those questioning his discipline within a system he ignores it, all the time, suggesting it doesn't really exist, because, he's Lavar and that's enough.

It's terribly depressing so many fans agree.

It's terribly encouraging we finally have coaches willing to do the hard thing to make what Lavar could be better than he has ever been.

couldnt have said it better

Stand up players who have a better vantage point than ALL of us want Lavar in there doing battle with them.

I'm sold.

This is good news. Some of the people in here sound like they would rather waste a talent like Lavar than have him come back and help us win games.

Well, we don't actually know what the players want. Maybe they simply want him in on a handful of passing situations and nothing more, as the one player quoted in the Post article suggested. Or, maybe they want him in every play. Either way, they don't have a better vantage point than everyone as the coaching staff has an even better vantage point given greater time put in to deploying the system.

That players obviously like Lavar is great. That they think he can help us in a limited role as suggested by the Post is fantastic. They are probably right about that. But, I think we've lowered our expectations of our players a lot to think this is a glowing recommendation to suggest you can't play a guy the whole time because he'll kill you, but, you could play him some.

I prefer to think we'd hope we could get him to a point where playing him all the time wasn't something people were afraid of who have a better vantage point than we have :).

Did you really ask how so?

How so because since LAST year when the coaches were talking about it, Lavar has not been trustworthy enough to play his assignments. Instead, he assumed being Lavar was enough -- and sadly, so many fans seem to agree. Instead of working even harder with his injury to get himself mentally right, he fell behind while the defense was put in for the year, something all acknowledge.

Yet, Lavar felt it was enough to simply BE Lavar and play.

Instead of admitting the fact that he's had constant, DAILY contact with the coaching staff as to the areas of concern they have for him, he told a fib on the radio to deflect his responsiblity and causing the organization to release just enough information to force him to dial it back, which, thankfully, he did.

And, as we've known since Lewis was here, Lavar's biggest problem is Lavar. In response to those questioning his discipline within a system he ignores it, all the time, suggesting it doesn't really exist, because, he's Lavar and that's enough.

It's terribly depressing so many fans agree.

It's terribly encouraging we finally have coaches willing to do the hard thing to make what Lavar could be better than he has ever been.

Wonderful post. :applause: I agree...this is going to make Lavar better in the long run...he will be happy once he gets his head straight and leads this defense again.

True in one of those odd, utterly false ways?

Over my head Art :laugh:

I won't argue with you too much Art you will eat me for lunch:cool:(I'm not as well with words). You are one that likes to bring facts into debates though seems like those with negative opinions on this situation towards lavar are dealing with a lot of here say or bringing up the past which would suggest this is 100% personal.

Ya'll are on Synders payroll or no nothing about football. I agree I think LA is better standing up and no he does'nt have many passrush moves. But he is clearly without a shadow of a doubt a better option then Clemons or anybody else on that defense. Dude seriously I just spit my crystal light out all over my keyboard when I read that.

How many sacks has Clemons ever had in his life?

How about Daniels career year in sacks?

Wynn?

Show me somebody that can produce better, please to make this argument sound halfway sane.

Lavar is not at his best in a 3pt stance but he is by far the most proven and scariest option for a QB to see across from him and especially chasing him.

Just give me some facts because thats what i'm giving.

Well, uh, no, we're not on Snyder's payroll, though I've openly offered to be. But, one fact I'd give you is a statement some guy just made to me when he said, "I agree I think LA is better standing up and no he does'nt have many passrush moves."

That guy gets it. Have you met him?

Lavar also gets it when he complains about being used in that way. That's not what he does. Clemons has played defensive end. He's a better fit there. He's a tweener type player, but, again, I prefer him on the defensive line than Lavar. Lavar is a superior athlete and if playing defensive end nearly full time, as he did with Lewis, he will generate six or seven chase down sacks due to his sheer athleticism that will generate a loss of about six yards, as we saw with Lewis.

People don't remember the 2003 season well if you think Lavar's 11 sacks were a sign of a great pass rusher. They were a sign of a great athlete largely able to make some clean up sacks that we have no one else capable of making given his vast athletic ability. But, he'd make those plays from backer too, if sent after the QB, only, he'd make a fairly big number of legitimate sacks too -- of the sort he made against the Rams from the end spot in 2003.

But, the fact that YOU agree he doesn't belong there -- agree with me AND Lavar -- would suggest you have all the facts you require.

If LA was such a freelancing killer and undisciplined and does'nt no the defense then why?

Why did he start from day 1 last year in TC?

Why did he dominant all of preseason last year killing Vick causing a fumble on a sack that Pierce ran in for 6 and having him running for his life??

I remember a LA who had 7 tackles in gm1 last year againest TB where he had the game winning sack orginally hurting his knee on that play.

I remember him gutting it out in gm2 againest NY with 7 tackles on a hobblied leg.

I remember the coaches praising him constantly go read the articules.

GW himself said LA made him a better coach.

I also remember thinking wow LA is finally playing WSLB and what a perfect attacking scheme for him. I could bring up old threads but everybody was praising LA heroically.

Over my head Art :laugh:

I won't argue with you too much Art you will eat me for lunch:cool:(I'm not as well with words). You are one that likes to bring facts into debates though seems like those with negative opinions on this situation towards lavar are dealing with a lot of here say or bringing up the past which would suggest this is 100% personal.

It shouldn't be over your head in the slightest. Williams has never betrayed Arrington's trust. AFTER Arrington LIED that he wasn't being told why he wasn't playing, Williams did say he has to do it in practice, then later, that he's spoken to every day, but, that hardly had any negative.

No one who understands why Lavar isn't playing is dealing with one iota of hearsay. Hearsay is something you hear one party said but hear it through another. Direct quotes are not hearsay. Hearsay is to suggest that despite all that, it's really something else.

Clemons has played defensive end. He's a better fit there. He's a tweener type player, but, again, I prefer him on the defensive line than Lavar

You are right on when you say Lavar is not as effective with his hand on the ground as he is in space. Clemmons is a lot like Lavar in that case only Clemmons is not accounted for and does not draw the same amount of attention. He only has a speed rush and as we say Zero moves. Another advantage Lavar gives you is he does bat down a lot of balls when he doesn't get there.

It shouldn't be over your head in the slightest. Williams has never betrayed Arrington's trust. AFTER Arrington LIED that he wasn't being told why he wasn't playing, Williams did say he has to do it in practice, then later, that he's spoken to every day, but, that hardly had any negative.

No one who understands why Lavar isn't playing is dealing with one iota of hearsay. Hearsay is something you hear one party said but hear it through another. Direct quotes are not hearsay. Hearsay is to suggest that despite all that, it's really something else.

Actually, direct quotes written on paper are hearsay. Don't mean to bust your balls, but I'm in law school. :)

My point is LA is the best option on this team from De on 3RD down and long period especially when he is'nt playing. Can we find somebody else or could you point me in the direction of a athletic guy who could get these chase down athletic sacks you talk about because I don't see him on this team?

Who is your masked man?

Art,you tell me they're is no way that you can say Clemons,Wynn or Daniels or anybody else is a better option.

And LA played DE under Lewis on 3rd downs very rarely did he play it any other downs except a 2nd and very long and those were rare.

Give me facts not your opionion. Who on this team has ever put up 11 sacks ever? Who can put up 11 sacks even if its not thier best postion?

Williams never said He talked to Lavar about his playing time (Gibbs has, Not Gregg) That is fault on both sides.

Actually, direct quotes written on paper are hearsay. Don't mean to bust your balls, but I'm in law school. :)

Fair enough as to that, Tulane, as that is actually correct if you are speaking ONLY to quotes printed in the paper. The difference, of course, being we frequently get to see or hear the quotes directly through radio, television or Redskins.com as outlets, meaning we've almost ALWAYS personally experienced them prior to reading about them.

If you're in Law School, you might want to get to the class that explains the difference between personally hearing a direct quote, versus reading a direct quote in a paper :).

Archived