Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Sportsnite Just said

BlindSideBlitz

Fair enough as to that, Tulane, as that is actually correct if you are speaking ONLY to quotes printed in the paper. The difference, of course, being we frequently get to see or hear the quotes directly through radio, television or Redskins.com as outlets, meaning we've almost ALWAYS personally experienced them prior to reading about them.

If you're in Law School, you might want to get to the class that explains the difference between personally hearing a direct quote, versus reading a direct quote in a paper :).

yea..... i'm a third year, so i don't go to class. could explain some things

Williams never said He talked to Lavar about his playing time (Gibbs has, Not Gregg) That is fault on both sides.

Yes, Williams did. He said Lavar is in practice every day, in the class room every day and he's talked to every day. It's in the Redskins.com archive. It is a fact Lavar has been spoken to every day he's at Redskins Park by various members of the staff, including Williams.

Yes, Williams did. He said Lavar is in practice every day, in the class room every day and he's talked to every day. It's in the Redskins.com archive. It is a fact Lavar has been spoken to every day he's at Redskins Park by various members of the staff, including Williams.

How general is that Art? :laugh:

getting WHAT! please tell me im tired of everyone saying he isn't getting it and the coaches have never come out and say what he isn't getting....SHEEP :doh:

The coaches have, actually, said what he hasn't been getting. Various coaches have with Gibbs, Blache and Bugel being the most direct where Williams has been more circumspect. Washington said it in a chat even BEFORE Lavar said no one had talked to him about why he wasn't playing. Unidentified players in the newspaper on Sunday were just quoted as saying it.

It's really not a mystery, nor is it sheepish to allow reality to penetrate one's cranium. It is, however, a sign of a delusional person to make such claims while blindly, without any contact with reality, following a player he loves no matter what information is out there.

Williams never said He talked to Lavar about his playing time (Gibbs has, Not Gregg) That is fault on both sides.

Gibbs has said that he told Lavar that he can help this team, but I do not know if he has said publicly that he told Lavar why he is not playing other than stating that the defensive coaches don't think that he is a starter and he trusts his defensive coaches opinions. I could be wrong, I don't assume that I have seen and heard every comment Gibbs has made on this subject.

How general is that Art? :laugh:

You said you weren't good with words earlier, so, did you mean to say, "Oh, I hadn't realized that, my bad?" I sure hope so :). Lavar is spoken to daily by many members of the organization. His performance and knowledge is assessed DAILY TO HIS FACE. It's no secret. And, when Lavar got busted in his lie, he indicated that he just chose not to believe what he was being told for it may be something more sinister at play.

It's ok that Lavar didn't want to openly state what he'd been told. He just shouldn't have fibbed about just how often he is told.

Art~

Off topic, kind of, not really

What were your thoughts about the Kellie Johnson interveiw after the game?

That Kelli Johnson is smoking hot in person. I walked right through that interview. I think the exasperation Williams showed as relayed by those who saw the interview as I did not stems from the fact that he and his coaches know Lavar's not ready for a lot of play at backer and the only position he is ready for is one where he's comfortable with his players, including Clemons at this point, but, specifically Wynn. Remember, Wynn plays the spot Arrington always plays when he's lined up at defensive end and Wynn hasn't come out of the lineup very much in recent years.

Gibbs has said that he told Lavar that he can help this team, but I do not know if he has said publicly that he told Lavar why he is not playing other than stating that the defensive coaches don't think that he is a starter and he trusts his defensive coaches opinions. I could be wrong, I don't assume that I have seen and heard every comment Gibbs has made on this subject.

Gibbs only was quoted as saying Lavar knows EXACTLY what he needs to do. Why is it all these direct quotes are simply ignored and people form positions on the presumption these factual, historical comments don't really exist. Tis a strange thing.

I was just looking at the game film of the bears and the cowboys. Every play where Lavar was in they blitzed him and he created havoc. When he blitzed, if he didnt get through the line, he was attracting two or three blockers. Cornelius Griffin's sack in that game came as a result of Lavar.

So, he WAS tearing it up in the games, and i think these players should have stepped up earlier and said something about it.

You said you weren't good with words earlier, so, did you mean to say, "Oh, I hadn't realized that, my bad?" I sure hope so :). Lavar is spoken to daily by many members of the organization. His performance and knowledge is assessed DAILY TO HIS FACE. It's no secret. And, when Lavar got busted in his lie, he indicated that he just chose not to believe what he was being told for it may be something more sinister at play.

It's ok that Lavar didn't want to openly state what he'd been told. He just shouldn't have fibbed about just how often he is told.

How quickly you are to use the reporters you bash so often for "sources" You have a strong opinion I respect that. I feel both sides have handled this poorly, It just seems you are very quick to jump to one sides defense without admitting they have fault in this as well :whoknows:

I was just looking at the game film of the bears and the cowboys. Every play where Lavar was in they blitzed him and he created havoc. When he blitzed, if he didnt get through the line, he was attracting two or three blockers. Cornelius Griffin's sack in that game came as a result of Lavar.

So, he WAS tearing it up in the games, and i think these players should have stepped up earlier and said something about it.

I haven't recently watched the Cowboys game, but, I seem to recall Arrington getting a good amount of time early, but almost nothing late. Why is it that I suspect if we were to chart his last few plays in that game we might be able to figure out what happened and why he's not in now?

How quickly you are to use the reporters you bash so often for "sources" You have a strong opinion I respect that. I feel both sides have handled this poorly, It just seems you are very quick to jump to one sides defense without admitting they have fault in this as well :whoknows:

Sorry, I bash reporters who don't bother to provide direct quotes but instead use generic "sources" to encompass any rumor they may wish to write. I do believe direct quotes in articles until a story breaks that they are false quotes and we have another bad reporter exposed for creating news. Quotes, themselves, lend themselves toward credibility. The fact that the person quoted was a person OPENLY in support of Lavar getting some time also lends it greater credibility as it wasn't a person who hated Lavar. If you think acceptance of direct quotes from a person openly stating he's a supporter of Lavar is doing something strange, I can't really help you.

I think the coaching staff handled this extremely well and highly professionally. They would not say a word on Arrington until his fibs forced them to correct those tall tales. Even then, it was simply to clarify the fib and just as quickly ignored from that point forward, refusing to feed the fire any more. Arrington followed suit this weekend and again today, which is fantastic. But, no, I find no flaw in the staff trying to keep things in house until forced to make a statement due to false statements made by Lavar.

Art, actually WYNN has been out on 3rd downs. Daniels has been shifting to LDE with Clemons at RDE. A smart guy like you that watches the tape shoulda known that already.

As I said, Wynn is rarely removed from the lineup. Go back and count how many plays he missed on Sunday. Or the week before. Or before. Or, heck, the last two years. Wynn is rarely pulled from the game. He's the one guy who gets more playing time than anyone else on the roster, though Washington is challenging him this year.

John Jansen also didn't get into a contractual dispute of his own agents' making, and blame the organization for it, and then blame the organization for "rushing him back onto the field too soon".

You see, it's never Lavar's fault if something goes bad. Never. All of his quotes were directed at others, not at himself. That's the problem.

I would like to know how you would act if someone said they were going to pay you 10million for a job and then only paid you 1 mil?? Anyone in that type of position with that kind of money involved would surly not keep quiet and go on there merry way.. think about it! Im not saying the contract was right or wrong on the redskins part but LaVar AND his agent was under the assumption that there was more money. Lots MORE, and im sure they didnt just dream that all up.

So, teammates express displeasure with how the staff handles the Lavar situation, report he's doing well in practice (but isnt getting ANY time on D) but somehow this is still twisted back on Lavar?

What is interesting is that I'm getting different takes from Art and Bulldog. At least Art still insists it was about football. Much of what redman and bulldog are saying make it sound personal, though. Which is it?

But this is a pretty revealing inside story and yet we have the usual suspects who act as if they didn't just read it and instead have varying and contradictory takes on how Lavar messed up and IF he gets back on the field in a week, it somehow had to do with him prostrating himself before the Almighty Staff, rather than two sides coming together and burying a hatchet that they both had a hand in forging.

getting WHAT! please tell me im tired of everyone saying he isn't getting it and the coaches have never come out and say what he isn't getting....SHEEP :doh:

Yeah the Lavar-bashing spin is hilarious! Who is really "getting it"?

They started a losing streak. Could have been 5-0. Instead they coughed up the division to the Cowboys. I think GREG WILLIAMS is the one finally "getting it" :laugh: . Yes Greggie, coaches are not above the team EITHER.

The coaches have, actually, said what he hasn't been getting. Various coaches have with Gibbs, Blache and Bugel being the most direct where Williams has been more circumspect. Washington said it in a chat even BEFORE Lavar said no one had talked to him about why he wasn't playing. Unidentified players in the newspaper on Sunday were just quoted as saying it.

It's really not a mystery, nor is it sheepish to allow reality to penetrate one's cranium. It is, however, a sign of a delusional person to make such claims while blindly, without any contact with reality, following a player he loves no matter what information is out there.

give me a quote by coach or player as to what exactly Lavar is not getting and i will take your rebuttle as fact and not be amused by your overstating word-play

If LA was such a freelancing killer and undisciplined and does'nt no the defense then why?

Why did he start from day 1 last year in TC?

Why did he dominant all of preseason last year killing Vick causing a fumble on a sack that Pierce ran in for 6 and having him running for his life??

I remember a LA who had 7 tackles in gm1 last year againest TB where he had the game winning sack orginally hurting his knee on that play.

I remember him gutting it out in gm2 againest NY with 7 tackles on a hobblied leg.

I remember the coaches praising him constantly go read the articules.

GW himself said LA made him a better coach.

I also remember thinking wow LA is finally playing WSLB and what a perfect attacking scheme for him. I could bring up old threads but everybody was praising LA heroically.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I agree, but at this point we all need to save our "breath" on this. The coaches will not put LaVar in there until they're comfortable with him. For whatever reason, there has been a problem and LaVar isn't getting on the field. It's clear that what he's done for this organization in the past does not matter anymore.

We just need to wait patiently and hope #56 is "freed" from Williams' doghouse soon.

Archived