Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Check out the big brain on Stephen Jackson! (MERGED)

Spaceman Spiff

I wonder if "Mr. T" is available for comment,

wait I hear him now........

..."don't be talkn' bout my jewlery sucka!" :laugh:

You bastid... you owe me to replace my monitor for spitting on it... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"I pity tha' fool who don't like my jew-ray. Kids... stay in school. Drink milk. Don't do drugs. Wear gold, sucka' fool!"

You bastid... you owe me to replace my monitor for spitting on it... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"I pity tha' fool who don't like my jew-ray. Kids... stay in school. Drink milk. Don't do drugs. Wear gold, sucka' fool!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Imagine Mr. T with his own talk show :laugh:

Indiana Pacers player LOVE to play the racisim card. First it was Jermaine O'neal claiming the new age limit was racist, now the rule regarding proper attaire is racist.

Look at where they live though. Indiana isn't exactly a non-racist society. I'm not saying that the state is all racist, or even 1/2. I am just saying that there is more there than say MD or VA.

The NBA's decision is not racist, nor cultural. But like another poster stated, Is wearing pants down to your ankles and dressing like a Thug considered Proffessional?

That's ridiculous! I'm black and I think it's an excellent idea. There are too many negative stereotypes about black males. Why are we constantly hurting outselves by perpetrating those stereotypes? The NBA has an image problem and it needs to be fixed. I commend David Stern on this new rule. Stephen Jackson needs to grow up.

That's ridiculous! I'm black and I think it's an excellent idea. There are too many negative stereotypes about black males. Why are we constantly hurting outselves by perpetrating those stereotypes? The NBA has an image problem and it needs to be fixed. I commend David Stern on this new rule. Stephen Jackson needs to grow up.

I'm not black, but that's basically what I was getting at. This move does target a particular culture but the effects of the change are IMO beneficial.

We had a guest speaker in our school system a while back, I can't remember his name, but he does the same speech all over the country and was a guest on oprah at some point.

He spoke about the african american male dress culture not being from their african heritage, but from prison heritage and he showed examples blah blah blah. He was black of course and he was trying to reach young black males and convince them that following the typical stereotypes was a prison culture, not something they should be proud of.

Someone probably knows who he is.

I do believe there is racial undertones with this new dress code. Why can't these "grown" men wear what they want?

It has to do with image and the fact the people paying their salaries want them to look more professional. I think it is also a good message to the kids and stop this racist crap. Stern remembers when Jordan and Magic were in the league and the image was a lot better then, he wants that back.

Guest sith lord
Same reason I can't when I come to work every day, because my employer sets the work place dress code and I can abide by it or work elsewhere.

What kind of work are you in?

What kind of work are you in?

Editor for an association. I sit in an office all day and almost never see anyone. The folks here who have to go up on Capitol Hill or who meet with the media or our members have to wear suits. I get to go business casual, unless our executive board is in the building for meetings, then I have to wear a suit as well.

Every job I've held as an adult has involved a corporate dress code. I represent the company/organization while on the clock and they have a right to demand I represent them in an appropriate manner. These palyers are simply spoiled children who are pouting now that they're being asked to accept the same rules everyone else has to in the workplace.

And, for the salary they get, I'd wear pink tights to work.

Guest sith lord
I have an Insurance Agency. But that's irrelevant. I set the dress code as the owner. The NBA is doing the exact same thing. And it's smart. Improving the image will increase their bottom line.

That isn't irrelevant. That's the kind of buisness that you're dealing with clients in an office setting. Also, how is Allan Iverson dressing up in a suit improving the image? Like Iverson said, you can put a murderer in a suit, but he's still a murderer.

Archived