Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

:kiss:

Awwwwww.

Did I upset you?

I am so sorry if I offended you.

Blondie

Offended? By you? Uh, that would be a no. I'm amused by your teenage-like love affair with RC, and so if you attack me personally simply because you cannot handle any crticism of RC - your fantasy lover - then I'm going to take you to task. But you are Blond ie - go figure. :laugh:

The team lost a game! Oh well its over.

We need to all get together to support our boys next week (the ones we like and hate) to get them back on a winning streak! This bickering and blaming people does not help us win games!

The turnovers cost us this game.

We just wouldn't stop turning the ball over.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner. No individual cost us this game. Turnovers cost us this game. Turnovers on both sides. The ones we lost on offense and the ones we did not take away on defence. We win as and team and we lose as a team. Yes I am very upset today. I wanted to break something but then I would have no T.V. to watch the Redskins play next week. So instead my home sounded a bit like this...

What the #$@! is going on!!! Get the Ball!!! $%&@! This is Bull $%&@! Two games!!! Two games!!! We beat ourselves again! I can't #$@!^*@ take it anymore.

We all know that Gibbs is a great Head Coach. I am sure he will adress it with the team and I am sure they will turn it around. We have a lot more football to go.

Offended? By you? Uh, that would be a no. I'm amused by your teenage-like love affair with RC, and so if you attack me personally simply because you cannot handle any crticism of RC - your fantasy lover - then I'm going to take you to task. But you are Blond ie - go figure. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you are back.

I needed the amusement.

Criticism of Rock......no problem. I know he made a mistake. The over the top comments are ignorant though.

Fantasy lover.........OMG.......now THAT is funny!

;)

Blondie

could the fact that he didnt have any timeouts to challenge it come into play? :doh:

even so, with so many people around the ball, I think that they wouldn't have been able to determine where he went down officially :2cents:

Uhhh....yeah we most certainly did have a timeout to burn. We had at least one, because they called one with 3 minutes or so left. :doh:

Yes, but apparently it's an error without consequence. And it does not merit critcism. What, are you going for a three-way thing? You, Blondie, and Rock?

Sheesh...

No I just do not like your attitude towards another member of this board. You can debate someone's oppinion with out attacking them personally.

I am happily married so thats out of the question!

Rock showed why he should not be in the backfield. He can't block, and he can't hold onto the ball. Whenever he was back there on a pass, Brunell was running for his life.

We win as a team, we lose as a team, but at some point you have do give grades to players to decide who is good and who gets cut. I really hope to not see Rock back there running the ball any more.

He fumbles the ball when we FINALLY captured the momentum in the game. Moss scores on an incredible touchdown, our D has a great series, and we are in KC territory. Rock fumbles after a player's helmet hits the ball out of his hands? That's pathetic.

Instead of having a balanced passing/running attack, we become one dimensional and pass-happy, which hurts our ability to protect Brunell, and helps Jared Allen have a monster game. So yeah, Rock's fumble was the biggest mistake in the game. At least a 10 point swing, after we JUST stopped KC on their previous drive.

Sure we scored on the next position. However, each score does count towards the final score, right?

Rock works hard? Great. I'm sure Antonio Brown did too. At least we won that game.

Why didn't this thread exist when Antonio Brown was cut? Because we won, right?

Clearly, it was Patrick Ramsey's fault......

We should be 5-0. I think that is what has me more upset than anything.

This team is not good enough to overcome 3 turnovers. It's aggrivating when the skins move the ball pretty much at will then cough it up at a critical spot.

it's not Brunell's fault (although i cursed him when he fumbled in the 1st quarter, it's not Rocks fault (although i cursed him & pounded a beer or two after that play), it's not the defenses fault.

We lost, so be it. I think we all would have signed up for 3-2 at the beginning of the season. I know I would have..........

There were a buncha things that caused us to lose the game but after everything we still had a chance to win at the end.

3 TOs with 2 in the red zone is real bad but we bounced back from those.

Offensive line had a terrible game, made 2nd year Jared Allen look like Julius Peppers.

Biggest reason is FIELD POSITION.

Absolutely terrible today. Our best starting position was ON OUR 33 YARD LINE! That is awful. Special Teams or defense needs to shorten the field... Our offense drove all over the place but its hard to drive 80 yards every damn possesion.

guys calm down, i dont want to read 5 people ****ing at eachother, id like to read the analysis of what went wrong in this game. the thread coulda been about 3 pages shorter without the sarcastic quips you know.

It sounds like a great big bag of costly errors both sides of the ball cost us this one. it sucks and tempers are flaring but thats the fact of life, we are 3 and 2, the coaches have some work to do and hopefully we will find out in the press conferences tomorrow and tuesday about what the plan is.

lack of rushing offense:---28 for 101 yards, 3.6 avg....

KC has had the softest run def. in the league for the past few years, and almost every opposing RB seems to get 125+ yards per game against them...this should have been the real focus to exploit, instead of relying on brunell's arm to save us

You can't question the coach unless you're a HOF coach guys.

That's the rule of this board.

No dissenting opinions allowed.

Really? where's that rule posted? Because I thought that was what a message board was all about. Sharing your opinions. Yes, sometimes that means questioning the coaches. Right now, I am severely questioning Williams' decision making.

TURNOVERS are killing us

period

blame everyoe.... it's not all one player.... Rock hasn't fumbled every game, and he made some great play on ST...we need.

He hasnt fumbled every game because he hasnt played until today and the thread specifically asks for everyone to fill in the blank with WHO cost us the game. Generally Im with you, wins and loses are a team effort, but here i have to give Rock credit for the play that broke out backs

Rock showed why he should not be in the backfield. He can't block, and he can't hold onto the ball. Whenever he was back there on a pass, Brunell was running for his life.

We win as a team, we lose as a team, but at some point you have do give grades to players to decide who is good and who gets cut. I really hope to not see Rock back there running the ball any more.

He fumbles the ball when we FINALLY captured the momentum in the game. Moss scores on an incredible touchdown, our D has a great series, and we are in KC territory. Rock fumbles after a player's helmet hits the ball out of his hands? That's pathetic.

Instead of having a balanced passing/running attack, we become one dimensional and pass-happy, which hurts our ability to protect Brunell, and helps Jared Allen have a monster game. So yeah, Rock's fumble was the biggest mistake in the game. At least a 10 point swing, after we JUST stopped KC on their previous drive.

Sure we scored on the next position. However, each score does count towards the final score, right?

Rock works hard? Great. I'm sure Antonio Brown did too. At least we won that game.

Why didn't this thread exist when Antonio Brown was cut? Because we won, right?

Like I said above -- you have to assign equal blame to everyone who fumbled. We could have opened up the game with a 14-3 lead, but Brunell fumbled. It was just chance that his didn't get returned for a TD. That's football. If we scored on our opening drive, because we were just moving the ball all over them, it would have taken the crowd out right away, it would have taken the Chiefs out of it, and it would have been a much different story.

You can argue Rock is the main reason all day long, but Brunell's fumbles (and indirectly Samuel's for playing like a pile of horse ****) had a similar effect on the outcome.

lack of rushing offense:---28 for 101 yards, 3.6 avg....

KC has had the softest run def. in the league for the past few years, and almost every opposing RB seems to get 125+ yards per game against them...this should have been the real focus to exploit, instead of relying on brunell's arm to save us

Not neccessarily true. I would take more issue with the run blocking play of the left side of the line, as well as the types of runs that are called. Portis and the ole' counter-tre play doesn't seem to mesh too well.

We lost due to turnovers. Period. End of debate. If anything, Brunnell's arm kept us in the game. Just look at the stats.

2 Turnovers in the KC redzone...Ubelievable. If Brunnell doesn't fumble we can add at least 3 more, they drive and get 3, thats a 6 point swing. Rock's fumble looked like a 14 point swing, the way we were driving I thought we were good for a touchdown there...Even if our redzone offense would have only gotten us 3 that deep in their territory, thats a 10 point swing....It made me sick watching it. We now have the worst turnover ratio in the NFL. Without those 2 key turnovers we would have whipped KC...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :doh:

Enough!!!!!!!!! Sheeeezus. As much as some of you accuse Blondie of being personal here, most of the posts here reek, absolutely reek of the same. Here's the way it works. Rock fumbled the ball. 7 points resulted. That fact has not been disputed. However, there were 2 other turnovers in the game and defensive effort that at times was...well...disappointing. Time for all to take a step back. Because this whole thread is becoming personal and that's something that should not happen. For the record, I will take Blondie's knowledge of the game above alot others on this site. And that is not personal. That's fact. Coach and now Mark Brunell are on Rock's side. Teams and teammates rally around those who they believe are worthy of it. Right now, seems to me that Rock's worthy of their defense. Hell, even BMitch is behind the man. Time to step back. As I said, this had become personal across the board. And we don't need that here. That's simple respect. Things are heated right now. That's as good a time as any to take a breath. Nuff said.

Archived