Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

I guess I have so many children in my office so much, I see childish remarks and tend to react to them.

If I offeneded you I am so very sorry. Wouldn't want to offend anyone on this board. Y'all know so much about football, I should never question it.

Blondie

My comment had nothing to do with football. I agreed with Spiff that we are being talked down to in your proactive defensive thread.

Gibbs just said how much he trusts Rock.

Hmmmmm......another coach in the crowd?

Silly me.....I forget.

Blondie

Blondie, you are showing your folical roots again. You think Gibbs is going to throw him under the bus in his post game pressie? Gibbs is too classy for that. You interpret Gibbs words like the christian right interprets the bible... way too literal.

Not only did that fumble lead to a defensive score for them, but it changed the whole momentum of the game. We had momentum, and this score would be vastly different if it wasn't for Rock. Hate to break it to you.

I disagree...we came right back and snatched away the momentum with a long TD drive. The momementum shift came on the 4th down conversion by the Chiefs. Vermeil went for it almost as if he knew the refs would give him a charity spot. AWFUL.

Get real Blondie. You're fishing for sympathy. As a RB, Rock doesn't cut it. Never has, never will. He has been plugged in many times as a stop gap. Ladell was hurt today. Joe plugged him in and Rock couldn't handle the pressure. I hope JG has learned his lesson.

As I hear it, he is good on STs. If STs is his lot, let him live with it. I don't want to see him in our backfield EVER again. He can't even block on blitze's for Jemoniy Sakes.

Just give it up and let the Rock thing go, d@mn!!

Sympathy?

From who? YOU? :laugh: Like you count to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you so much. I need that laugh.

OMG.......thanks. Really.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And gosh.......silly Coach Gibbs.......said he trusts Rock......called him an absolute Redskin. Guess he doesn't care that you don't want him back on the field EVER.

Thanks so much really.

I needed the laugh.

Blondie

Blondie, get over yourself. Your little love affair with Rock is nothing short of pathetic. You made your bed with Rock, and now you need to stay there with him. Be mature, and just shut up.

Now that ticks me off! Yes Rock is her favorite player but at least someone on this board sticks with them through the good and the bad! I bet you change players on a weekly basis. Let me guess yours would be the one who had the best game that day!

This game looked a lot like last year. The Skins have the parts necessary to run this KC team out of their own stadium, but they continue to kill themselves.

Turnovers are the key, obviously, and Rock's was most definately the biggest because it essentially was a 10-14 point play. I probably don't cut him based on that one play, but he wouldn't get chance ofter chance, either. It's like this in the NFL with the "fringe" players ... players who must fight for a roster spot every year. They are fortunate to get 2nd chances, and will rarely get a 3rd.

The fumble by Rock Cartwright was the key contributing factor to our loss. But fumbles period, not Rock Cartwright, fumbles. He happened to be the one that fumbled the ball.

Portis fumbled the ball too and it would have been a TD for the Chiefs, but the refs incorrectly said he was down.

That was the difference in the game, it killed the momentum. Not only did it stop our drive but it gave the Chiefs a free TD. We would have likely scored had the fumble not occured. It was potentially a 14 point swing.

OH Bull****, he was down by a mile on that play. That was one call the refs actually got right...give credit where credits due...:rolleyes:

I agree, not sure why Gibbs didn't challenge that one. He was obviously down way behind the line.

Horrible:doh:

could the fact that he didnt have any timeouts to challenge it come into play? :doh:

even so, with so many people around the ball, I think that they wouldn't have been able to determine where he went down officially :2cents:

Now that ticks me off! Yes Rock is her favorite player but at least someone on this board sticks with them through the good and the bad! I bet you change players on a weekly basis. Let me guess yours would be the one who had the best game that day!

You can stick with a player, for whatever irrational reason, but you have to be objective as well. She is incapable of objectivity with regards to RC. Can we say - supposition? Kiss my a$$.

Posted this on another thread, but seems appropriate and necessary here as well.

Chris Samuels' play cannot be overlooked. He was defintely Allen's bitc* today. I haven't been a big fan of CS for a few seasons now; he's inconsistent. He should be ashamed of his play this afternoon. Once again he has failed to step up to the plate and play at a level that is commensurate with his contract, and his hype. Really hope that Joe Bugel let's him have it. As much as Brunnel was at fault for the first fumble, CS is equally culpable because he just cashes his enormous paychecks and fails to deliver. Allen is a hell of a talent, but supposedly CS is one of the best in the league at his position. Well, I beg to differ. Good offensive linemen play it equal to worthy assignments on the other side of the ball. Freakin loser.

Rock Cartwright. This guy gets an opportunity due to Betts' injury, and just completely blows it. Some "rock" - he cannot even hold on to the f'in ball, and just crumbles. Rock? No, more like a damn pebble. If this coaching staff is going to bench Arrington, then they need to be consistent and bench Cartwright. Unforgivable.

Finally, GW needs to punish the defense this week in practice. Learn how to take the ball away!!! Learn how to freakin' tackle consistently!!! This year's defense resembles Lewis' in that whilst being dominate for most of the game, they are highly susceptible to the big play, the trick play.

This is a team that beats itself, and THAT overshadows any remarkable stat you can point to.

good point man...

rock was giving a chance due to betts injury. In my opinion nemo is better, but the coaching staff respects Rock's veteran role and contribution on special teams.. I actually wanted Nemo to be the back up for portis, but o well... we may have never known what would have happened.

but as for this thread

As for who cost us the game... Rock. it was 14-14, we were on the way to get 7 points,

but when the fumbled occured, we were playing catch up... :(

What makes me feel better is that the 49ers are next, we should be 4-2 after that. :cheers:

most likely, we need rock for special teams... that only reason why he is still in the team. I think the worst case scenario for your rock, is being demoted behind nemo

Blondie, get over yourself. Your little love affair with Rock is nothing short of pathetic. You made your bed with Rock, and now you need to stay there with him. Be mature, and just shut up.

:kiss:

Awwwwww.

Did I upset you?

I am so sorry if I offended you.

Blondie

Sympathy?

From who? YOU? :laugh: Like you count to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you so much. I need that laugh.

OMG.......thanks. Really.

And gosh.......silly Coach Gibbs.......said he trusts Rock......called him an absolute Redskin. Guess he doesn't care that you don't want him back on the field EVER.

Thanks so much really.

I needed the laugh.

Blondie

umm.. where have i heard that from gibbs? are those players still with the skins. :2cents:

Mistakes period cost us the game today. Mistakes by players on offense. Mistakes by players on Defense and mistakes by the coaching staff. The turnover ratio. Penalties. The lack of a pass rush without blitzing. The lack of our O-line being able to stop the front four. The fact that we can not contain or stop runs on the outside. A fews bad calls. Not taking full advantage of a red hot Moss. All of these factors cost us the game today. :2cents:

You can stick with a player, for whatever irrational reason, but you have to be objective as well. She is incapable of objectivity with regards to RC. Can we say - supposition? Kiss my a$$.

Did she not say he created an error? Wow that would be considered objective. She admitted a fault!

If I offeneded you I am so very sorry. Wouldn't want to offend anyone on this board. Y'all know so much about football, I should never question it.

Blondie

Take it down a notch. Seriously. This whole thread reeks of anticipatory defensiveness.

Rock was not the only one to blame, but his mistake was the most directly related to Chief points on the board where they shouldn't have been. The defense will give up plays as a given but the offense is never supposed to turn the ball over.

Your response to jimster wasn't appropriate. He was agreeing with Spiff who said, correctly, that you are not only treating people like idiots when they blame Rock (and you have to admit that his mistake was among the major causes of today's loss) but you are being incredibly condescending (see quoted post above).

I'm as much as fan of yours as anyone, but you should take some of your own advice and not be so sensitive to the attacks on Rock.

Just fill in the blank with the appropriate name.

Gregg Williams. I'm sick of everyone saying that he is a defensive genius, yet he refuses to see past his own ****ing ego & put his ****ing personal **** aside & put in apparently the only guy on this team that can generate any kind of pressure or turnovers. When asked why Arrington didn't play again, Williams responded by asking, "Can he play cornerback? Cause we are hurting at cornerback!" When asked why he hasn't played him at DE to get pressure on the QB, his response was, "Who would you like me to take out? Wynn or Daniels?" :rolleyes: :doh: Ya know what, Gregg? The DEs you have in there ARE NOT GETTING PRESSURE ON THE QB & ARE NOT FORCING TURNOVERS! So, instead of lying to us every week & passing the buck down to your assistant coaches & blaming them now for the decision to keep Arrington on the bench, just come out & say that you have a personal problem with LA & that you intend to get rid of him ASAP. I'm tired of listening to the bull**** that he is dumping on us week in & week out. Your DEs ARE NOT getting to the QB & you get sarcastic with the reporter about questioning your decision to keep a PASS RUSHER on the bench? :doh: Bench Wynn. I rarely EVER hear his name called for sacks, forced fumbles, forcing the QB out of the pocket or ANYTHING. Bench him. Put LaVar in as DE. You are making a HUGE mistake by doing this, Gregg. You are KILLING the pass rush, you are KILLING the turnover ratio, you are KILLING this defense. Gregg, come down off your ****ing high-horse & do what's right FOR THE TEAM, not for YOU.

Sorry, I'm a little pissed.

Sorry blondie, the team blew it, but rock's mistake was easily the most costly in the game. Not only did we miss out on 3-7 points, but we gave them 7. As others have already mentioned, thats a 10-14 point swing. How much did we lose by? 7. Then you respond by saying we marched back down the field and tied it. I really don't see how thats any kind of a response or justification. all that says to me is we woulda been up double digits if rock hadn't fumbled, and we actually would have had a good chance to win the game. You're not gonna win this one. No one hates rock, but of all the people that blew it in this game, he was the main one.

Yeah, but at the same time, Brunell's fumble on the opening drive cost us 3 or 7 points as well...but no one is calling for his head...it was just bad luck that Rock's got returned for a TD and Brunell's didn't. It could have easily been the other way around, or neither returned for a TD, or both returned for a TD. You have to assign equal blame to both players.

Archived