Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

Man, what has this board turned into the republican party???? It's HIS fault, no, it's his fault, Brunell fumbled Rock fumbled. . .:doh:

GET OVER IT!!! It's just ONE game, and yet another NON-conference game. Man, this team is sooooooo far ahead of where they were last year it isn't funny. They will be in the playoffs, just relax. For those of us who can recognize Gibbs brand of football, this team looks more and more like the 80's skins each and every week.

The skins dominated the game everywhere except the scoreboard,so this team IS getting better. The turnovers are a part of the game, and they just didn't go our way today, oh well. There are another 11 weeks left in the season, plenty of time to evaluate, and discuss, but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year. Watch what you have and enjoy, stop looking for problems and start enjoying the good things, like Moss and how he has quietly stepped up his game.

No doubt....I understand what we got...just concerning though. This is a game we should have won.:)

After the Denver game, I wasnt too worried. Yeah the D gave up 2 big runs because of poor tackling, blocked field goal, another FG called back on a penalty. If any 1 of those things didnt happen, the 'Skins win.

There were many positive things to take from that game though.

After a repeat perfomance this week, Im starting to worry. The D kept the run game down, kept the KC passing to minimum. Except the 60 yard screen again because of poor tackling. Brunell fumbles twice. For the 2nd week in a row opening drive ends with a lost fumble which leads to the opponent scoring. Cartwright fumbles and the KC defense (never known for being very good) takes it 80 yards for a TD. Again, if any 1 of those things dont happen, 'Skins could be 4-1. But because they are making the same mistakes every week, despite "emphasis" by the coaches, its starting to look bad for the team.

Luckily we have the 49ers at home next week. That should give the 'Skins another week to fine tune things before heading into Giants territory. They just need to focus evey week on penalties, turnovers. not for 1 week, see improvement, then forget about it until its a problem again.

After the Denver game, I wasnt too worried. Yeah the D gave up 2 big runs because of poor tackling, blocked field goal, another FG called back on a penalty. If any 1 of those things didnt happen, the 'Skins win.

There were many positive things to take from that game though.

After a repeat perfomance this week, Im starting to worry. The D kept the run game down, kept the KC passing to minimum. Except the 60 yard screen again because of poor tackling. Brunell fumbles twice. For the 2nd week in a row opening drive ends with a lost fumble which leads to the opponent scoring. Cartwright fumbles and the KC defense (never known for being very good) takes it 80 yards for a TD. Again, if any 1 of those things dont happen, 'Skins could be 4-1. But because they are making the same mistakes every week, despite "emphasis" by the coaches, its starting to look bad for the team.

Luckily we have the 49ers at home next week. That should give the 'Skins another week to fine tune things before heading into Giants territory. They just need to focus evey week on penalties, turnovers. not for 1 week, see improvement, then forget about it until its a problem again.

Very true.:cheers:

Man, what has this board turned into the republican party???? It's HIS fault, no, it's his fault, Brunell fumbled Rock fumbled. . .:doh:

GET OVER IT!!! It's just ONE game, and yet another NON-conference game. Man, this team is sooooooo far ahead of where they were last year it isn't funny. They will be in the playoffs, just relax. For those of us who can recognize Gibbs brand of football, this team looks more and more like the 80's skins each and every week.

The skins dominated the game everywhere except the scoreboard,so this team IS getting better. The turnovers are a part of the game, and they just didn't go our way today, oh well. There are another 11 weeks left in the season, plenty of time to evaluate, and discuss, but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year. Watch what you have and enjoy, stop looking for problems and start enjoying the good things, like Moss and how he has quietly stepped up his game.

It's just ONE game... One game... No, it is two games that we could have and should have won. We beat ourselves against the Donkies and we beat ourselves today. If we don't beat ourselves we have a 2 game advantage in the NFC East. But instead we are now fighting with the rest. I have said this about 50 times now starting with the win over Seattle. We can not continue to be a a position to win if we keep turning the ball over on offence and if we do not cause some turnovers on defence.

Sorry, Blondie. It's true that there were plenty of other mistakes to go around, but Rock's fumble was the single most damaging play of the game. It's a shame, since we all know the guy works his tail off and doesn't get all that many opportunities at RB...

No problem. I understand.

And thank you for being very professional when typing this.

As I said, Rock is sick about that fumble.

His voice said it all.

Blondie

Its easy to say Rock's fumble was a big deal, and Brunell's fumbles were a big deal, and not forcing a single turnover was a huge deal.

What is really starting to grate on me is Portis, however. Apparently NFL fields have specially installed invisible vines that snake up out of the ground when Portis runs by, and cut him down at the ankles. I dont care what stats Portis did or didnt have today, he left another hundred yards on the field. When you pay a running back 50 million dollars, you expect explosive, game changing plays. Plays that Santana Moss is making for us, plays that we havent seen from Portis since his FIRST carry as a Redskin against Tampa Bay over a year ago. Im sick of it.

:applause: :cheers: :helmet:

tell rock, i respect him and consider him a good player, but the one time we couldnt afford for him to have what i think was his first fumble as a professional, he had it, and that TD was the difference.

Oh, I already told him about this thread.

He knows what that fumble cost.

NO ONE could feel worse.

Blondie

Easy answer. The defense. The drop off from this year compared to last year has been startling. Even a mediocre defense can put some pressure on a quarterback and force at least a couple turnovers. A close second would be the defensive coaches, for not adjusting to stopping simple screen passes. A screen pass should not go for 60 yards, especially after it had been run several times during the game.

The team lost a game! Oh well its over.

We need to all get together to support our boys next week (the ones we like and hate) to get them back on a winning streak! This bickering and blaming people does not help us win games!

I agree.But If our boys play like they did today at home againts the 49ers, they will lose. Turnovers is such a killer.Unable to produce turnovers after five games is strange.I just dont get It. :helmet:

Easy answer. The defense. The drop off from this year compared to last year has been startling. Even a mediocre defense can put some pressure on a quarterback and force at least a couple turnovers. A close second would be the defensive coaches, for not adjusting to stopping simple screen passes. A screen pass should not go for 60 yards, especially after it had been run several times during the game.

Yeah, it shouldn't, especially when there were at least 2 blatant holding penalties that were not called. So actually, it didn't go for 60 yards, the holding penalties just were not called. Biggest pile of horse **** officiating I've ever seen. :cuss:

I agree.But If our boys play like they did today at home againts the 49ers, they will lose. Turnovers is such a killer.Unable to produce turnovers after five games is strange.I just dont get It. :helmet:

Not necessarily...San Fran had two fumble returns for TDs against Arizona and still lost...they are god awful.

turnovers and rock

I understand the turnovers. But why Rock..? If you remember correctly there were 6 other points that were created off Redskin turnovers. 6 other points that could have been ours. It wasn't just the Rock fumble. It was the other two fumbles as well. It was also the lack of turnovers created by our defense and the first downs that they got on us on a few 3rd and longs. It was a number of mistakes by a number of individuals on the team. Rock did not create all the turnovers. Nor did he give up the first downs on 3rd and long. And guess what..? He also did not commit every penalty that gave KC first downs or took away good field position from us. Football is a team sport. Yes there are times when you can argue that a certain player cost the game for the team. But not today. Today they lost as a team.

The Team as a whole lost the game,sure u can blame Rock because that was a swinger and hurt us badly.But the o-line wasnt holding up,Brunell coughing it up,penalties,and of course the old soap opera of Lavar and the "what ifs" had he played...again team was "dominating" and imho the whole organization fumbled the ball not just Rock (but he still should be lynched;)).And although

it was a tough loss i am still ,as always,proud of the team,they just ran into some problems and i am confident Joe will correct what needs to be corrected,and hope that Greg williams open his mind to different avenues of strategy and (cough) players.

#1: Rock's fumble. He is too small to play in the NFL... sorry but he sucks.

#2: JIMOH ... cut this guy already

#3: The refs... Just look at the penalty ratio and the biggest was the bad spot when

the Chiefs DID NOT get the first down when they went for it on 4th down.

#4: Brunell carrying the ball like an idiot when he passes the line of scrimmage.

Rock is a pathetic #3 RB !!!

We need to open a can on the Niners and their lovely coach next week...

It's just ONE game... One game... No, it is two games that we could have and should have won. We beat ourselves against the Donkies and we beat ourselves today. If we don't beat ourselves we have a 2 game advantage in the NFC East. But instead we are now fighting with the rest. I have said this about 50 times now starting with the win over Seattle. We can not continue to be a a position to win if we keep turning the ball over on offence and if we do not cause some turnovers on defence.

Thank you. If this were baseball we could use the old "one game" cliche. Every game counts.

Archived