Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

lack of rushing offense:---28 for 101 yards, 3.6 avg....

KC has had the softest run def. in the league for the past few years, and almost every opposing RB seems to get 125+ yards per game against them...this should have been the real focus to exploit, instead of relying on brunell's arm to save us

actually, the one part of the chiefs defense that is improved from last year is there rushing defense. It was there pass defense that was more suspect than anything...

Like I said above -- you have to assign equal blame to everyone who fumbled. We could have opened up the game with a 14-3 lead, but Brunell fumbled. It was just chance that his didn't get returned for a TD. That's football. If we scored on our opening drive, because we were just moving the ball all over them, it would have taken the crowd out right away, it would have taken the Chiefs out of it, and it would have been a much different story.

You can argue Rock is the main reason all day long, but Brunell's fumbles (and indirectly Samuel's for playing like a pile of horse ****) had a similar effect on the outcome.

Obviously, a lot of players contributed to the loss. But Rock gets the cake. It is a team game, but teams are comprised of players. Each player gets graded on his game.

Samuels played terribly, and yeah, I have no idea what Brunell was trying to do on that last fumble.

By the way, I think the pass interference on Jimoh was bogus.

Gibbs may "trust" Rock - trust him to try his hardest and improve upon his game. Obviously, he doesn't trust him enough to put him ahead of Betts in the depth chart. Not only was the fumble costly, but it seems that Rock didn't do a good job of blocking blitzers either.

Sympathy?

From who? YOU? :laugh: Like you count to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you so much. I need that laugh.

OMG.......thanks. Really.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And gosh.......silly Coach Gibbs.......said he trusts Rock......called him an absolute Redskin. Guess he doesn't care that you don't want him back on the field EVER.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks so much really.

I needed the laugh.

Blondie

This is what I get for talking football with a biased female. One who is clearly enamored with one of our players and can't get her @rse outta her head. If you keep up this type of rant Blondie, you WILL lose credability.

Rock made the game changing fumble & I doubt JG will put him on the field in a simalar situation in the future. Betts was hurt, Rock got his shot and muffed it. Simple.

Gibbs has a loooong memory. Get over it girl :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you are back.

I needed the amusement.

Criticism of Rock......no problem. I know he made a mistake. The over the top comments are ignorant though.

Fantasy lover.........OMG.......now THAT is funny!

;)

Blondie

Is this how you treat the kids that come into your office as well?

OK guys. Last post by me on this thread.

Just so you know.

I accept each of your positions on this topic.

Do I agree? Not with some.

And Rock says:

Does Rock think he made a mistake....yes he does.

Is he upset? Yes he is.

The team is boarding the plane to come home.

They are all upset about the game.

I know he and the team will play better next week.

Blondie

Jimoh's PI didn't help.

yeah, but either way they would have had the first. if he didnt grab him, he would have gotten to the ball and made teh catch easily. the problem was having him on the field. he has to know where the marker is and play the receiver by that. you have to expect that he isnt just going to run a fly route. he played it like it was 1st down in the 1st quarter.

We were at their 25 when Rock fumbled and they ran it back for a touchdown. That could, easily, have been a 14 point swing.

actually wasn't Rock on their 20 when the ball popped out? I agree with we win as a team and lose as a team. All three fumbles were killers! you can't just point at one play and say "if he did or didnt do this this would have or wouldn't have happened"

Why isnt anyone jumping on Brunell for running with the ball in his hand outsteatched. I believe we were in the Red Zone when that happened. Right?

Thats a 10pt swing. Two fumbles in or reaaaallly close to the endzone. one with a touchdown attacked and the other with a field goal.

Lets be conservative:

If both those fumbles didnt happend and we only scored fieldgoals the score would have been:

Skins: 27

Chiefs:18

But we lose as a team and win as a team. was it another players fault for missing the tackle on Rocks Fumble? Samuels for not covering the ball on Brunells?

Our problems is turnovers...they happen....but this year they only happen to us not for us. The coaches need to focus on that HARD!:2cents:

:rolleyes: no nimrod it's not

while the turnovers cost us 10 poinrs, the refs took away 2 turnovers, and missed obvious holding downfield that gave the chiefs 1 td, and one huge play that set up another

Yeah convienent they missed that hold but if i think it was Washington taps Greens facemask out come the flag! GRRRRRR:mad:

Thankfully, the coaches are a little more level-headed than this. They know better than to cut a guy who's a team player, a tireless worker, a special teams demon, and an overall asset, just because of a single mistake in a mistake-filled game.

I agree. I hate to see a player like Rock who pours his guts out, catch a bad break, but it was ill-timed just like the rest of the TO's.

I agree.

I mean he was the only player who made a mistake or had a fumble.

:rolleyes:

Blondie

You obviously love Rock, personally I think Nemo is the better back up of the 2, however IMO he had contiruted greatly to the Skins losing the game. Even though one of the balls he fumbled he was down, on the other hand what is wrong with his hands that he drops the ball 2 out of the however many of the very few times he carried. I say move him over and let Nemo pound the ball.

don't start a thread if you can't handle what other people's opinions are. cart didn't loose the game , he fumbled and it was bad, but it wasn't the end all to the game. but to berate people YOU, HULY( i know you're backing up your friend but it's not necessary), and BUBBA(nimrod comment) is just childish. but since i don't post much here then i must be an idiot too.

Man, what has this board turned into the republican party???? It's HIS fault, no, it's his fault, Brunell fumbled Rock fumbled. . .:doh:

GET OVER IT!!! It's just ONE game, and yet another NON-conference game. Man, this team is sooooooo far ahead of where they were last year it isn't funny. They will be in the playoffs, just relax. For those of us who can recognize Gibbs brand of football, this team looks more and more like the 80's skins each and every week.

The skins dominated the game everywhere except the scoreboard,so this team IS getting better. The turnovers are a part of the game, and they just didn't go our way today, oh well. There are another 11 weeks left in the season, plenty of time to evaluate, and discuss, but we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year. Watch what you have and enjoy, stop looking for problems and start enjoying the good things, like Moss and how he has quietly stepped up his game.

Archived