Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

Some of you people amaze me. Just plain amaze me. I thought we had some sharp football folks around here but I guess I was wrong.

Seen a lot of people picking on Rock and he did fumble once. Hey, Riggins, Washington, Rogers, Byner, Allen, Davis and Portis have all fumbled in a Skins uniform. It is going to happen from time to time and there is almost never a good time to do it. I would also like to add that Rock has some good runs in relief of Portis, did a good job in the blocking and once again had a great performance on ST. Especially the stop on Hall.

Samuels had a tough day too however, he was not the bum today a lot seem to think he was. On the fumble/sack he did a great job of riding his man around the pocket, it was just bad luck that had Brunell winding up for the throw at the time the defender was close enough to hit the ball. Call it a great play by the defender and move on. Also, without Samuels all world block on Bell after the fumble return for a TD Moss does not go 78 yards. Samuels was huge there. Great play.

This is a team game guys and teams win or lose. Not just a couple of guys. We had too many penalties today to win. The two PI calls were legit and factor real big in the loss. The ticky tack call on Washington hitting Green in the head was huge but by rule it was a penalty. Our guys did not play with discipline today. That is all there is to it.

Yes, we should have won this week and last week. The coaches know it, the players know it and the fans know it. These two games were a great time to learn these lessons. I would much rather drop these two than two in the Division or in the NFC.

Defense, Defense, the f**kin defense lost it again. For all them people who said that the skins didn't need Levar. And that we were the number 5 ranked defense. please tell me what we ranked now. cuzz a negative turnoff ratio and averaging 1 sack a game cant make us too good. I hope this shows how we are not better or not even the same as last years defence. Just look how washington stats aren't even there, he is the only linebacker worth anything. he doesn't have Pierce there or a rush-able will linebackers. Washington can't do it on his own. Our defense last year wouldn't give up this many big plays.

We need our offense to step up and they did.

Now the defense can't even keep us in the games.

Its heart breaking, to see the offense always fight to tie or to even try to win the game. And then our defense cant even come up with pressure or a turnover.

Blondie,

I know that you could care less (after all, who the hell am I?), but I am truely shocked and I have to say just a tad bit disappointed in your responses to your own question. You haven't just been sarcastic to people who have been a little harsh with their comments about your friends mistake. You have been sarcastic with your responses to just about everyone with an objective opinion that happens to include Rock.

If you were mad because someone made a thread saying "cut Rock", then you should have vented there. Because the simple fact of the matter is is that you yourself know that the fumble by Rock gave the Chiefs the lead and stalled our chances of taking the lead.

There is no reason for you to keep pointing out the fact that we scored after that to tie the game. Because, simply put...after they scored that td, we were playing catch up, instead of preserving a lead.

Blondie,

I know that you could care less (after all, who the hell am I?), but I am truely shocked and I have to say just a tad bit disappointed in your responses to your own question. You haven't just been sarcastic to people who have been a little harsh with their comments about your friends mistake. You have been sarcastic with your responses to just about everyone with an objective opinion that happens to include Rock.

If you were mad because someone made a thread saying "cut Rock", then you should have vented there. Because the simple fact of the matter is is that you yourself know that the fumble by Rock gave the Chiefs the lead and stalled our chances of taking the lead.

There is no reason for you to keep pointing out the fact that we scored after that to tie the game. Because, simply put...after they scored that td, we were playing catch up, instead of preserving a lead.

OK. Sorry I disappointed you. I will do better in the future.

Blondie

OK. Sorry I disappointed you. I will do better in the future.

Blondie

Blondie, I really wasn't looking for a response because I knew it would just be some more of the childish, school girl protectecting her boyfriend type of comment. I was just making a statement. Try to have a nice day...it will be tomorrow soon. :)

Blondie, I really wasn't looking for a response because I knew it would just be some more of the childish, school girl protectecting her boyfriend type of comment. I was just making a statement. Try to have a nice day...it will be tomorrow soon. :)

I was trying to be nice. I didn't think that was childish.

I even sent you a PM saying so.

I am really sorry you took it that way.

Blondie

Defense, Defense, the f**kin defense lost it again. For all them people who said that the skins didn't need Levar. And that we were the number 5 ranked defense. please tell me what we ranked now. cuzz a negative turnoff ratio and averaging 1 sack a game cant make us too good. I hope this shows how we are not better or not even the same as last years defence. Just look how washington stats aren't even there, he is the only linebacker worth anything. he doesn't have Pierce there or a rush-able will linebackers. Washington can't do it on his own. Our defense last year wouldn't give up this many big plays.

We need our offense to step up and they did.

Now the defense can't even keep us in the games.

Its heart breaking, to see the offense always fight to tie or to even try to win the game. And then our defense cant even come up with pressure or a turnover.

Yeah, but this is just like last season; you can't fault our defense when the offense is giving up points!!! This was just one big cluster**** of a game, and there needs to be work done on ALL sides of the ball.

The one positive?? Dante Hall didn't do squat. Maybe they focused on Hall too much?? I don't know.

I agree that Arrington needs to be in the game. Its getting harder and harder for me to rationalize the coaches standpoint on the issue. But, I'll always take their word over the players, only because I know Gibbs wouldn't be dishonest like that. Arrington is not as much of a me-first player that a lot of people make him out to be, but then again he's no Marcus "Mr." Washington either.

I am really disheartened by some of the "conversation" occurring in this thread. Now that it's at about 900 pages, perhaps it's safe to post a little response that everyone will ignore anyway. :)

First of all, some of the comments here are ridiculous. There's a very palpable air of sexism in this thread that just doesn't need to be here. We are all football fans. Let's not demean people because they're not male. In addition, let's stop with the personal attacks. Please. Debate the ideas, not the person. Questioning motivations is very, very weak. It's something that happens in Tailgate all the time. Let's not turn it into an ad hominem universe.

On the same note, people have valid opinions. The Redskins lost. We're upset. We're emotional. Some of us may be drunk (sadly not me, as I was at work by the time I learned the final result). Being sarcastic and condescending does not foster healthy debate--it just inflames bad feelings and leads to a shouting match. We all go overboard emotionally on occasion, but we have to remember that we're a community here.

There's one more thing I'd like to add. Some of the people on this board are blessed with much better access to the team than others could only dream of. I am green with envy every day that some Extremeskins members are hanging on a regular basis with Redskins while I'm stuck in Australia. However, please be advised that this access carries a responsibility. To create a thread that appears designed to be inflammatory, and then to show that thread to a team member who is already down about his game-time performance, seems a bit wrong. We come here so we can vent among friends. We say things here that we would never say in person to a Redskin--not because we are duplicitous or disingenuous, but because we are (in general) good people who don't want others' feelings hurt. Angry as I was at Brunell last year, I would never have a bad word to say to his face. I would congratulate him on being a Redskin and wish him good luck.

Rock deserves at least the same treatment. Please don't read threads to him that have fans insulting him. He doesn't deserve that, and neither do we.

I was trying to be nice. I didn't think that was childish.

I even sent you a PM saying so.

I am really sorry you took it that way.

Blondie

Its understandable -- you got frustrated after the loss and because your favorite player had a big error. Its not all Rock's fault, and those who say it is just don't understand the game of football. So, relax, take a deep breath, and then flip everyone who's saying that a big fat bird!! :finger: :laugh:

Not to mention all the temper tantrums that go on around here daily about Ramsey, Arrington, et. al.; you're allowed to have at least one about rock! :silly:

Seriously though, its not Rock's fault, and I hope you tell him that. I mean, it is Rock's fault, but no more than anyone else on the team. Win as a team, lose as a team. I'm still a Rock fan! :cheers:

I am really disheartened by some of the "conversation" occurring in this thread. Now that it's at about 900 pages, perhaps it's safe to post a little response that everyone will ignore anyway. :)

First of all, some of the comments here are ridiculous. There's a very palpable air of sexism in this thread that just doesn't need to be here. We are all football fans. Let's not demean people because they're not male. In addition, let's stop with the personal attacks. Please. Debate the ideas, not the person. Questioning motivations is very, very weak. It's something that happens in Tailgate all the time. Let's not turn it into an ad hominem universe.

On the same note, people have valid opinions. The Redskins lost. We're upset. We're emotional. Some of us may be drunk (sadly not me, as I was at work by the time I learned the final result). Being sarcastic and condescending does not foster healthy debate--it just inflames bad feelings and leads to a shouting match. We all go overboard emotionally on occasion, but we have to remember that we're a community here.

There's one more thing I'd like to add. Some of the people on this board are blessed with much better access to the team than others could only dream of. I am green with envy every day that some Extremeskins members are hanging on a regular basis with Redskins while I'm stuck in Australia. However, please be advised that this access carries a responsibility. To create a thread that appears designed to be inflammatory, and then to show that thread to a team member who is already down about his game-time performance, seems a bit wrong. We come here so we can vent among friends. We say things here that we would never say in person to a Redskin--not because we are duplicitous or disingenuous, but because we are (in general) good people who don't want others' feelings hurt. Angry as I was at Brunell last year, I would never have a bad word to say to his face. I would congratulate him on being a Redskin and wish him good luck.

Rock deserves at least the same treatment. Please don't read threads to him that have fans insulting him. He doesn't deserve that, and neither do we.

He knows about this site. He comes here at times.

I told him NOT to come here and read this. I told him to let this die down.

But you bring up a point......why would anyone say something here they wouldn't say to his face? I don't understand that. It is the two faced fans that bother me. Be consistant.

Rock loves the fans. He wants to win.

Anything that is written on the board is for all to see. Other players ask about this site. They look....they ask questions. Any player can visit this site at anytime.

I am trying to warn him of what people said so he would not be shocked by the venom.

Blondie

Fair enough. I think that Extremeskins is the last place any Redskin needs to be after a loss. I can barely take it myself. :)

But you bring up a point......why would anyone say something here they wouldn't say to his face? I don't understand that. It is the two faced fans that bother me. Be consistant.

It's a reasonable expectation, but I think that emotional outpouring after a game means that some people say things in an exaggerated style.

I mean, does anyone really think, after careful consideration, that it's time for Campbell to start?

If so, then God help us all.

Well, Rock, if you are reading this, remember that a good 70% of posters here know about as much about football as they do about string theory or the grand unification theory. You'll see that the other 30% are more level-headed.

While your fumble turned out to be pretty costly, others had mistakes that were just as big too. We could have been up 14-6 instead of 7-6, if Samuels doesn't miss a block and Brunell doesn't fumble, for example. So, suck it up, keep your chest out and your head high, and get 10 special teamstackles and a forced fumble next week! :cheers: :logo:

Rock loves the fans. He wants to win.

Anything that is written on the board is for all to see. Other players ask about this site. They look....they ask questions. Any player can visit this site at anytime.

I am trying to warn him of what people said so he would not be shocked by the venom.

Blondie

From what I've read, seen & learned about Rock, I can see he is a true Redskin, a classy guy full of character with a lot of passion for the game. One mistake does not define him, and seriously I think any of our RBs could have fumbled in those circumstances, with 3 vicious ball-stripping Chiefs attacking. I try not to write anything I wouldn't tell a player to their face.

The passion of a Redskins fan......hard to dismiss. I have never seen any other football fan so up when they win and so down when they lose. I hope if Rock does read these, he is mentally tough and logical enough to see these raw reactionary emotions in their prominence, and perhaps allow it to fuel his fire for the next practice and the next game.

After all, a lot of the same fans who put down Brunell are singing his high praises now.

:logo:

:rolleyes: no nimrod it's not

while the turnovers cost us 10 poinrs, the refs took away 2 turnovers, and missed obvious holding downfield that gave the chiefs 1 td, and one huge play that set up another

Quit your crying about the refs. We lost. Our D stinks and our O can't seem to punch it in from the red zone. Rock should never have been in the game in that situation. IMHO, we need to reasess our positon, especially on D.

Our D coaches simply refuse to put the best players on the field.

Someone in the 'Skins organization has a grudge against LaVar. At this point, that someone is winning the argument. I only hope cooler heads will prevail and at least will give LaVar a chance in practice.

I don't like getting jercked-off when it comes to the 'Skins wins vs. losses.

If there is a remote chance that one of our players can step up, given a chance, to make plays, that player should be given a chance to make plays.

I can only IMAGINE what season ticket holders are thinking at this point.

Eff the egos of our coaching staff. We are the talk of the league in this LaVar thing. IMHO, I say put LaVar on the field and let him make a fool of himself and prove everyone wrong instead of this stupid speculation.

Rock Cartwright (sp) got a chance to prove his worth today as a RB and we all saw the result of that one. As a matter of fact, if Gibbs went back and read the tapes of previous games, he would see several simular results.

Rock is viable as a s/teamer, but NOT as a RB.

I wonder why he doesn't give LaVar the same accord. As a fan, it just

Pi$$es me off. I want the best 11 players on the field regardless of egos. :cheers:

:rolleyes: no nimrod it's not

while the turnovers cost us 10 poinrs, the refs took away 2 turnovers, and missed obvious holding downfield that gave the chiefs 1 td, and one huge play that set up another

I hope you and the organization believe that, because if that is what you think, you will not fix the real problems. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived