Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI: Early Evaluation

Neophyte

the Cardinals and Saints are among the worst teams in the NFC.

while we can't draw any specific conclusions from the Giants based on 2 weeks of play, you certainly can't take those victories and project them to bowling over the Eagles or any of the other competitive teams in the conference.

The Saints had that miraculous first game in Carolina where the emotion of the moment overcame superior Panthers talent.

The Cardinals are a paper tiger. Kurt Warner is done. The defense on this team has been awful for the past 20 years.

They are going to lose a lot of 40-20 type games this season.

In fact the Cardinals remind me a lot of the Lions, another overhyped team. The one difference is that the Lions actually have an emerging top back in Kevin Jones.

When the season is over the Redskins' early victories against the Bears and Cowboys will look solid based on how these teams finish.

Both Lovie Smith and Parcells teams are going to compete for 16 weeks and will win some games. They might not be championship caliber but they are legitimate opponents.

The national media is in a rush to condemn the Redskins 2-0 start but they are sure heaping on the positive energy for the 0-2 Chargers :laugh:

And what about those Super Bowl bound Vikings with Fred Smoot and Darren Sharper joining on to get that elusive ring?

Guess they will have to wait at least another year for that to happen :D

Here's what we do.

If the Skins finish 8-8 or better, every one of us on ES---all 40,000---mail him a McCoupon.

Postage due.

I'd go a step further. Every one of us on ES, all 40,000 of us, buys one McDonald's value meal and sends it to him.

I'm imagining the smell of mountains of stale french fries and burgers. :puke:

So they are picking Eli to be in SB next year?? That retarded looking qb, which is like a scene from the movie twins.. Payton and Eli is like Arnold and Devito.. Cant wait till we play them, just to Shut these aholes up!! Specially my co workers from NY!! He thinks they are SB bound this year and they will crush us in both games :laugh: I guess he forgot what happend to them last year here at home.

Unfortunately, I think he's right with the 7 win comment.....I hope he's wrong, but nothing to show me we can win on offense yet. (The Dallas game was won on defense)

Wins on defense still count as W's, you know.

And, assuming the offense doesn't improve (which is big assumption), he's saying either this defense isn't as good as it appears or they're not good enough to keep us close enough to win 6 out of 14 games in the remainder of the season.

This Syken guy is a wipe.

When the Skins beat Seattle and go 3-0, lets see what they have to say then. I love all the negative media because when its all said in done Eddie Murpy in Coming to America said it best We can

"Put it in DA FACE"

I wonder how much higher the Bears and Boys will be than us on the next powerpoll. The media is a joke. Thats why I love Joey T!!!

It would have been nice to see the offense start the season off against the Cardinals, 49ers, Packers, Lions, etc.. teams with no defenses to speak of and little on offense to worry you :)

Green Bay has REALLY looked bad. I think Brett Favre should have retired at the end of last season.

The Pack are only helped out by the absolutely atrocious starts of the Vikings and Lions in their division.

The Bears could win this division at 8-8.

Unfortunately, I think he's right with the 7 win comment.....I hope he's wrong, but nothing to show me we can win on offense yet. (The Dallas game was won on defense)

Big Slim - that would be incorrect.

The game was kept close by the defense. However, as they did not score, you have to go with the offense, or have you forgotten two a**-kicking TD throws?

I'm finally coming back to Earth after Monday Night. Let's face it, guys. We're not the most potent offense in the league. I know that game may have changed some things for us, but i'm not counting chickens.

Yes, but we did something we have not done in a long time - win with big offensive strikes at the end.

Who does not agree that Moss is an upgrade at the position? Who does not think that he and Patten are playmakers?

So then it comes down to the QB. And I don't know about you but before Monday I never saw MB play like that in DC under pressure. Additionally I think there was a lesson for the coaches on getting after teams.

I understand it has been a long time since we had real offense, but I think we are closer than we think. It is a game of inches and timing, and I think MB is getting the timing thing down.

Why is it that other teams who have been mired in a dry spell don't take the flack that we do? The Giants are 12-22 since the start of the 2003 season, we're 13-21. Not much difference I'll grant you, but there is a HUGE difference in the overwhelming amount of negativity written about the Redskins and the relatively little amount of negative Giants press.

To top it all off, he picks the Giants to go to next season's Super Bowl? Tom Coughlin and the Giants? Hardly.

The writer of the article sees the quarterback positions as worlds apart. Manning is viewed as a future superstar. Redskins quarterbacks are viewed as two liabilities and one unknown.

no team is unbeatable. I am amused to see analyses made where the Redskins are given no chance to win certain games, as if the team need not show up to play those Sundays.

the Patriots have lost. the Eagles have lost.

the Redskins could win 5 games or they could win 10 games. no one knows how these contests are going to come out in the age of parity :)

the Raiders? geez, I saw some predictions late in the preseason where that game for the Skins was written off as a certain loss! Anybody want to dial back those predictions based on what we have seen from the Raiders so far? :D

Archived