Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush's Speech

chomerics

You couldn't see it if it hit you square upside the jaw, so I'm not expecting you to see when you're being set up. Hell, you still think Fox News is "fair and balanced"

You see, ther are people in this world that are played, and people who actually do the playing Mike, and you get played all the time. It isn't rocket science to figure out what is going on.

Now, look at what is on ABC. How to survive a nuclear attack :doh:

Lets play on the fear of Americans, it worked before, this time, it won't work though. The Bushies are pulling out all the stops, no question about it, but to many people see throught the thinly disguised veil. When a person who isn't even involved in politics can see through the BS, it means they're slipping and out of moves.

paranoia_mini.jpg

You couldn't see it if it hit you square upside the jaw, so I'm not expecting you to see when you're being set up. Hell, you still think Fox News is "fair and balanced"

You see, ther are people in this world that are played, and people who actually do the playing Mike, and you get played all the time. It isn't rocket science to figure out what is going on.

Now, look at what is on ABC. How to survive a nuclear attack :doh:

Lets play on the fear of Americans, it worked before, this time, it won't work though. The Bushies are pulling out all the stops, no question about it, but to many people see throught the thinly disguised veil. When a person who isn't even involved in politics can see through the BS, it means they're slipping and out of moves.

Are you supposed to be on some form of prescribed medication by any chance?

:paranoid:

Chom appears to be the only one here seeing what he's seeing. Either he's more perceptive than all of us, or his vision is playing tricks on him.

On a side note, LSD does funny things to the optic nerves.

Man, I wish this was one big giant acid trip, but unfortunately it isn't. The people were picked exactly for a PR stunt, and it had all the earmarks of one.

You have a group of 7 isolated people who were asked talking points. You know, the things you want to get out to the public, but not come out directly saying them? You have others do it for you. Watch Major Garret on Brit Hume, he does this all the time. It's an old political ploy, you get one person to "ask" what the public perception, then you answer with what you want the public to hear. They do it on Fox News all the time.

For example, Hume will ask Garret a question like. . . "Well some are saying. . ." and the other guy will come back with the talking point they want you to hear . They play this all the time on Fox News, it's a common propaganda technique. I was shocked to see them play this on a major Network news station. I am suprised ABC and Koppel bought into it, but they're fair game. Just keep up the charade. . .

Well, for those who think I am too "stoned" next time you watch Fox News, and you see Brit Hume ask questions to Major Garret, you'll see what I am talking about. They spew talking points from the right, this is what you just saw. THe exact questions, and answers they want the public to hear.

Chom appears to be the only one here seeing what he's seeing. Either he's more perceptive than all of us, or his vision is playing tricks on him.

On a side note, LSD does funny things to the optic nerves.

Just because people choose not to argue with you doesn't mean they agree with you.

This is an argument thats going nowhere because nobody's willing to listen to the points Chom's making. You just call him crazy or paranoyed and dismiss his thoughts.

Thats a real nice way to discuss stuff.

On another note, since I didn't see the speech, did he mention where the money is going to come from?

Sarge, he mentioned that we'll be able to handle it, in other words, he doesn't give a :pooh:.

My god, we are already in debt over our heads, and he is just giving away our future to everyone of his buddies. $200Billion dollars, half the Dept. of Def. budget for an entire year.

Just because people choose not to argue with you doesn't mean they agree with you.

This is an argument thats going nowhere because nobody's willing to listen to the points Chom's making. You just call him crazy or paranoyed and dismiss his thoughts.

Thanks for the backup, but I've learned just to ignore people who act like that. Instead of actually learning something, or even look at something which disagrees with their ideology, they attack, and make fun of. It's the easy way out, you never have to question yourself when you do that. The funny part is, some of them know exactly what I am talking about, yet they would never admit it to themselves, so they ignore.

Well, I'll happily admit that the drug references were gratuitous pokes. However, it really, seriously stretches credulity to insist that several people were handpicked by ABC to make Bush look good. We are supposed to believe that it was a setup -- that's the only option Chom gave us. According to him (and he was asked very specifically about this), it is not possible that those people gave their own opinions.

That's fairly easy for a rational person to dismiss.

Remember, it was about this time last year that the ABC memo leaked. ABC is not a friend of Bush.

I missed the speech, but I am curious if Bush gave any thought or mention to the fact that all these folks that had to leave their homes, are more then likely not going to be able to afford "brand new" houses that are built in place of the ones that were destroyed. So what happenes to these folks? Are they just going to have to go somewhere else and start over or what?

Larry, you know me good enough, this was a definate set up. I have it on TIVO, but there is absolutly no question it was a setup. They played the Major Garret role on.

The guy asked a lady "Do you blame anyone for this" and she says "yes, I blame the mayor of the city".

So all the networks did this or just ABC?

Guest sith lord

Chomerics, the problem is that just about everyone believes everything they see and hear. It was obvious that they hand picked these people to make Busk look good and the mayor look bad. And if people can't see that, then they're a fool.

So was this just ABC or what? Was everybody watching the same channel?

Did anybody but Chom see what he is talking about, sounds like it happened though and it does sound kind of fishy, but why would they just do that with ABC. Actually on second thought that makes no sense, no way ABC would go along with it. If it was done it would have had to have been done without letting them know ahead of time. In which case the answers and questions would have been impossible to script...so, I think they probably just happened to find a bunch of people that felt the way they said they did. (unless they were told ahead of time by some of Bush's people to give answers that made him look good, WITHOUT knowing the questions. But again, why jsut do that for ABC?)

Chom maybe you ought to sleep on it and get back to us later after watching it again and see if you have any more ideas on this. Because right now, it seems rather hard to believe.

My god, we are already in debt over our heads, and he is just giving away our future to everyone of his buddies. $200Billion dollars, half the Dept. of Def. budget for an entire year.

And if it was to rebuild your beloved Beantown?

It was a very compassionate and noble speech but, I don't believe a word he says, the man has lost all credibility with me. The past 5 years has been nothing but deception, dishonesty, arrogance, and incompetence so what would convince me that a leopard can change his spots. Also, SMALL DETAIL how does he expect to pay for this he is already running the largest deficits in the history of the U.S.

Well, I'll happily admit that the drug references were gratuitous pokes. However, it really, seriously stretches credulity to insist that several people were handpicked by ABC to make Bush look good. We are supposed to believe that it was a setup -- that's the only option Chom gave us. According to him (and he was asked very specifically about this), it is not possible that those people gave their own opinions

It doesn't stretch credulity to insist this was a PR stunt, they do it all the time, I am just completely suprised ABC, a major network did this. I see this type of "news" on Fox all the time, it's a propaganda technique to only get your message out, and to spread lies and false roumers. Hell, one lady said the water came in because they "opend the flood gates".

That's fairly easy for a rational person to dismiss.

Remember, it was about this time last year that the ABC memo leaked. ABC is not a friend of Bush.

It isn't fairly rational to dismiss, it is fairly obvious to anyone with an objective eye that this was a PR setup.

BTW, it wasn't ABC who leaked a memo, it was CBS and Rather.

So was this just ABC or what? Was everybody watching the same channel?

Did anybody but Chom see what he is talking about, sounds like it happened though and it does sound kind of fishy, but why would they just do that with ABC. Actually on second thought that makes no sense, no way ABC would go along with it. If it was done it would have had to have been done without letting them know ahead of time. In which case the answers and questions would have been impossible to script...so, I think they probably just happened to find a bunch of people that felt the way they said they did. (unless they were told ahead of time by some of Bush's people to give answers that made him look good, WITHOUT knowing the questions. But again, why jsut do that for ABC?)

No idea why ABC did that, other then they are in the back pocket of the Bushies. They could do it without ABC even knowing about it, the only person they would need for it is the interviewer. It is really easy to do.

You go into a crowd, and you ask people's opinions on what happened. You then tell them they are going to be on TV, and tell them the questions they are going to be asked. You listen to their responses, and you coach the direction you want them to go in. You then pose the softball questions to the people, and you get the reaction you want. It is a classic PR ploy.

I don't know if there was anyone here who saw the end of the speech, as most people probably tune out, but there were others who picked up on it. I went to a few message boards and read the same things late last night. I am hoping somebody will post the video today so everyone can see it.

Chom maybe you ought to sleep on it and get back to us later after watching it again and see if you have any more ideas on this. Because right now, it seems rather hard to believe.

If I can get the video, I will post it, and everyone will see. No question in my mind this was a complete setup in order to stop the bleeding, the other people who know what to look for will say the same. Hell, this thread was posted in real time, with my reactions as they happened. See if you can find the interviews today, you will see what I am talking about.

And if it was to rebuild your beloved Beantown?

I'd say the exact same thing. How the hell are we going to pay for this??? Seriously, $200Billion??? I would think the same thing for ANY city.

It isn't that I think it shouldn't be built, but you just don't write a blank check. That is not the way to solve a problem, just throw money at it. It's how you use it and where it comes from that makes the project work.

Are they letting civilians back into NO? Seriously, I don't know. I didn't think that it was safe yet or there was anywhere for people to go. These guys did indicate in the passage that Chometrics transcribed that they had been taken to Texas at least for a period of time. So, unless civilians are starting to relocate on their own to NO there's no question that someone picked these guys to be at the Astrodome. The question is who. Who brought them? Who's taking them back? How were they selected?

Am I getting Superdome and Astrodome confused? I need to reread.

It doesn't stretch credulity to insist this was a PR stunt, they do it all the time, I am just completely suprised ABC, a major network did this. I see this type of "news" on Fox all the time, it's a propaganda technique to only get your message out, and to spread lies and false roumers. Hell, one lady said the water came in because they "opend the flood gates".

It isn't fairly rational to dismiss, it is fairly obvious to anyone with an objective eye that this was a PR setup.

BTW, it wasn't ABC who leaked a memo, it was CBS and Rather.

It's fairly obvious you do not have one shred of evidence to back up your claim. And to claim that you have an objective eye is laughable.

It's very obvious what is going on here. When faced with the reality that not everyone hates Bush and blaims him for what happened, you went off the deep end and decided it is all a conspiracy. This is how Ted Kaczynski

got started.

1a.jpg

Here, maybe this will help bring you back to reality...

"conspiracy theorists should be called conspiracy nutjobs, because there is no "theory" to their thoughts, just incoherent babble."

Who was it who said that? :laugh:

Archived