Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Chat -- COMPLETED

Art

Bleh.

Dean, I think perhaps the point you're missing is that while we do fully understand where you are coming from in having hoped for something more or different from this, there seems to be something of the gold bar syndrome with some of you.

That means you are handed a bar of gold and complain it is too heavy and you'd like it to be made lighter. Obviously, this chat was not going to connect with all people no matter what I did. Yes, I DID pick one of two ways to assure the most divisiveness with the community.

But, in the end, having this chat -- even if you feel it's without merit -- is being handed a gold bar and complaining it's too heavy.

Just out of curiousity Art.... who submitted all these questions that you posed to Mr Gibbs?

Bleh.

Dean, I think perhaps the point you're missing is that while we do fully understand where you are coming from in having hoped for something more or different from this, there seems to be something of the gold bar syndrome with some of you.

That means you are handed a bar of gold and complain it is too heavy and you'd like it to be made lighter. Obviously, this chat was not going to connect with all people no matter what I did. Yes, I DID pick one of two ways to assure the most divisiveness with the community.

But, in the end, having this chat -- even if you feel it's without merit -- is being handed a gold bar and complaining it's too heavy.

Hey Art,

Not at all, I joined this site a day or so ago, and didn't have the opportunity to pose a question (to Coach Gibbs) in advance (didn't know). The brief remarks I made were meant to be humorous, after a couple members jabbed at me over my misunderstanding, which is to be expected given the nature of discussion observed on this site, all in good fun.

I think that it was awesome that the Coach connected with ES, and really don't discount it, or desire to take away from the festivities of your eagerly

antisipated event. It came off well, and the majority agreed. But if it wasn't for dissent, and difference of opinion (aside from the fanatical love of the Skins) there wouldn't be much to talk about, so Hail Contraversy!

Just don't subtract points for spelling

Dean

Matty you have been around a long time.

Dont you remember the Spurrier debates? I think those would qualify as issues that are as big an issue.

I don't think it compares.

Debates regarding Spurrier were solid debates, but this QB switch has been an explosive topic on Redskins forums all over the internet.

I haven't seen forums this busy since Gibbs came back.

Art,

First off thanks for the chat. I'm disappointed you didn't ask one direct question about the QB situation, but I'm sure you weren't going to get much info anyway.

Most importantly was the fact that you actually got to ask almost 20 questions from US, the members and we got a DIRECT answer from Joe Gibbs. I don't think anyone has a right to complain about anything. If this time last year we found out we would have the chance to ask ONE question to coach, we'd be going crazy with excitement and now people are complaining because we didn't get more than 19. :doh:

I became a NASCAR fan because of Joe Gibbs. I starting watching because I was like - why the heck would Joe Gibbs leave us to go into racing? And now I understand why. I love Tony and I go the race each year at Homestead to cheer him on. I'm reaaaaaly glad you asked the NASCAR question.

I wish you had a chance for one follow up question because either this chat took place two weeks ago and you sandbagged it, or Gibbs is really out of touch with his race team.

Quote:

Joe Gibbs

I’ve watched the last … when somebody comes in and says “hey, Tony’s leading with 30 or 40 to go,” I’d go out and watch. And he has had a great year. I’m just really proud of JD and the whole management team down there and Tony. I wish we could get our other two cars running like that, but we’re going to hopefully parade Tony through the championship race here at the end of the year and it starts in two weeks.

The "Race For The Chase" (the last 10 races that determines the champion) starts this Sunday in two days, not two weeks. Maybe it was a transcription error or hopefully he is that absorbed in the Skins...after all it is Dallas week. :D

I like to get a few questions that are not solidly on topic and can get a laugh. That and LiveStrong were two here. Gas or charcoal would have been a third, but I ran out of time. Remember, I don't know how many questions will be answered. I had 75 prepared had Gibbs just wanted to do nothing but answer a ton :).

Was the question about if he would take a look at Brian Mitchell coming back to return kicks on that list? Where was it ranked, or did you even notice it?

I'm disapointed I didn't get any info about the Kick Return situation, but I'm still happy I got some insight from the coach. I did find my self chuckling at some of the questions and answers, so it was entertaining to say the least.

Any way, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I understand your feelings here. Ultimately my decision was based on the fact I didn't think the line of questioning would get us anything more than we had and would have the impact of keeping Coach Gibbs from answering some of the rest. I tried to pick a range of questions, including ONE about Brunell's health and how he's looked, but, I tried not to get into the "controversy".

I regret more having questions about the changes to the offense lower on my list as I'd have loved to have gotten some of those in. We weren't getting any more time though to go that direction unfortunately.

:mad: Controversy? Come on Art you're smarter that that I would call Montanna and Young; Testaverdi and Flutie; Bledsoe and Rob Johnson a controversy but Ramsey and Brunell? You have more knowledge than that! Ramsey never got his pre-snap reads down so there blitzing the "h" out of him and as a result he's indecisive and prone to mistakes, it's no way he can tell me he didn't see that Bear Linebacker coming.

I mean he's a 3 yr multi million dollar vet I don't blame Coach Gibbs. I wouldn't entertain it either. And I wonder what is Musgrave doing or whatever his name is...he aint Coaching/leading cause he let Ramsey drop straite back in that pocket the whole pre-season and then he did it in the regular season and Gibbs bench him. So you all can entertain Ramsey's bull but I ain't....How does that song go "I can't go for that, noo, no can do". But you can. And Musgrave is next because he's not conducting those Coaching/leading functions for which his position was intended.

Sometime you have to check the source, so I'll let Musgrave know when I see him at FEDEX. Nothings wrong with constructive criticism. Obviously, Musgrave isn't part of the solution.

Even if he thought Jansen could get him, he got to role out of there in case he doesn't and guess what he didn't. Ramsey don't like to role out. So I don't want to hear no controversy or if there is it's betwen Ramsey and the NFL; he has one foot out and the other is on a Bananna peel.

Other than the questions about the quarterback -- most of which were already answered this week -- there really wasn't a whole lot controversial or even "hard" in here. The "hardest" question seemed to be the NASCAR one where he seemed a little apologetic that he had to explain how much of a race he might watch so no one would think he wasn't totally into football.

To be honest, I wanted -- once I decided to avoid the QB questions -- to have a nice, light, almost fun chat. My hope is it will pay dividends in subsequent chats we might have, especially in the offseason.

I agree with your decision.

For the first chat, in season, when Coach is essentially doing us a favor, the last thing we should want to do is make him sorry he agreed to do it.

Because this is not kiss art's A _ _ .com, I think you got a little brown on your nose.

Let me tell you something right now. I will never have brown on my nose so get your facts straight. No one was going to get any new information on the QB situation so Art asked different questions. You must be one of the people swinging from Ramseys jewels looking for an "answer"

Let me tell you something right now. I will never have brown on my nose so get your facts straight. No one was going to get any new information on the QB situation so Art asked different questions. You must be one of the people swinging from Ramseys jewels looking for an "answer"

No offence intended (deffensive really :laugh:) Congrats on having your question selected. For the record, I never posted about the QB question (facts straight?) I'm not a big fan of either Ramsey or Brunell, but will root for whoever at gametime.

Dean

Go Skins:gaintsuck

Archived