Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Skins to finish 4-12

Posse81

It's a typical DR.Z Redskin prediction. As long as I've be SI subscriber he has bashed the Redskins. No need to get excited about this one. The preseason game against the Steelers eased alot of my fears concerning this years team. We might not be 13-3, but I don't see 4-12 either.

This is probably the worst prediction I have seen so far. I think the division will be much closer this year and end up being pretty evenly spaced between the teams. No way in hell the Giants and Skins do so poorly and the Cowboys somehow manage to tie the Eagles for the division. I guarentee that will not happen.

OMFG i don't even know where to start with SI....

I wish i kept that '89 football preview that proclaimed Rams over Chiefs in the super bowl....

and in late '95, they had a cover story about a WR that they proclaimed the 'next Jerry Rice'---his name?? J.J. Stokes....

i'm sure a book could be written on all the things SI has gotten wrong

Sorry if this was posted, couldn't find it.

From the SI NFL preview:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/

NFC East Projected

1 Eagles 10-6

2 Cowboys* 10-6

3 Giants 5-11

4 Redskins 4-12

NFC North

1 Vikings 9-7

2 Packers 8-8

3 Lions 8-8

4 Bears 3-13

NFC South

1 Panthers 12-4

2 Falcons* 10-6

3 Saints 8-8

4 Bucs 7-9

NFC West

1 Rams 9-7

2 Seahawks 9-7

3 Cardinals 7-9

4 49ers 3-13

AFC East Projected

1 Patriots 11-5

2 Jets* 10-6

3 Bills 8-8

4 Dolphins 5-11

AFC North

1 Ravens 11-5

2 Steelers* 11-5

3 Bengals 7-9

4 Browns 5-11

AFC South

1 Colts 13-3

2 Jaguars 9-7

3 Texans 8-8

4 Titans 4-12

AFC West

1 Chiefs 9-7

2 Chargers 9-7

3 Broncos 7-9

4 Raiders 7-9

*Wild-card team Power rankings based on regular season

Wild-Card Playoffs

N

F

C Cowboys over Vikings A

F

C Ravens over Jets

Falcons over Rams Steeler over Chiefs

Divisional Playoffs

N

F

C Panthers over Cowboys A

F

C Colts over Steelers

Eagles over Falcons Patriots over Ravens

Championship Games

NFC: Panthers over Eagles AFC: Colts over Patriots

Super Bowl XXXIX

Panthers 31, Colts 27

How Dr. Z Ranks 'em

1 Indianapolis Colts 17 Detroit Lions

2 Carolina Panthers 18 Denver Broncos

3 New England Patriots 19 Buffalo Bills

4 Pittsburgh Steelers 20 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Philadelphia Eagles 21 New Orleans Saints

6 Atlanta Falcons 22 Arizona Cardinals

7 Baltimore Ravens 23 Houston Texans

8 New York Jets 24 Tampa Bay Bucs

9 Dallas Cowboys 25 Oakland Raiders

10 Kansas City Chiefs 26 Miami Dolphins

11 Jacksonville Jaguars 27 New York Giants

12 San Diego Chargers 28 Cleveland Browns

13 Minnesota Vikings 29 Washington Redskins

14 St. Louis Rams 30 Tennessee Titans

15 Seattle Seahawks 31 San Francisco 49ers

16 Green Bay Packers 32 Chicago Bears

Dr. Z has the Bears dead last??? WTF-- The Bears are a better team than last year (at least Dfensive wise), he's got Cleveland at 28?? How?? They are sorry--IT IS A REBUILDING YEAR, same with the 49ers.....

SI is such a stupid rag....no wonder I won't buy it!

I'm as amazed as the rest of you. I think one could rationalize digressing if we lost certain players seen as vital (our BD's and LB's still look solid with the loss of Smoot and Pierce), major coaching changes (Gregg Williams bolting), etc. But to bring back a very strong looking defense......apparent strong depth at RB (in the preseason)......and the good play of our new WR's......it truely is amazing.

Now I could further rationalize if we had a complete joke of a QB and absolutely now backup..........But Ramsey did look pretty good last game and Brunell has been on point so far this preseason........so needless to say some writers need to leave their personal dislikes of this team at the front desk and analyze the team, not the name of the team.

Sports Illustrated hates the Redskins. Period. Dr. Z, Peter King, Don Banks...enough said. Forget SI.

So true.Dear Lord In Heaven,Please Bless Our Beloved Skins With A Productive,Successful Season That Rivals All Seasons Past.And May Our Beloved Skins Prove All the Haters Wrong.That's all. :point2sky

Let's see...we added two good defensive backs in Henry and Glenn.

We signed a vet quarterback that is better than any one of your quarterbacks. (At the moment, anyway.)

We signed a solid DT and had a great draft and for once have decent depth throughout the whole team.

We added a solid Pro Bowl calibur guard.

We have everyone coming back healthy.

This team is better than the team that actually went 10-6 two years ago.

Roy Williams is going back to his true position.

And if you actually consider preseason games meaningful, the Cowboys have the #1 ranked scoring defense this preseason and are ranked 5th in total defense. (I don't consider preseason to be any indication to how the regular season will play out.)

If you can't see how the Cowboys have improved, than you just can't see past your burgandy and gold glasses. I can see that your team has improved, but I guess your just a little peeved at our ownership of your team at the current moment. ;)

1) Many would say Henry wasnt even the best CB on his own terrible team, Glen...average at best.

2)Your vet better then any of our QB's, dont know if I would go that far....and what happens when he gets hurt behind that average line...can you say Romo sits to pee or Hensen..doesnt matter!

3)Your probowl guard is old, bottom line your line is nowhere as good as ours or Phillys.

Now my observations:

A) Our starting RB is better then Jones and behind a better line. Betts is far better then any backup the cowpies have.

B)Our wr are better as a group with far more playmaking ability then the Cowpies.

C) Our D was number 3 last year, the cowpies maybe improved but at this point it is all potential depending on rookies.

D)Even our kicking is more stable

So I am like alot of others, I dont see a 6 win difference and now with Gibbs other teams cant count on out coaching us.

1) Many would say Henry wasnt even the best CB on his own terrible team, Glen...average at best.

2)Your vet better then any of our QB's, dont know if I would go that far....and what happens when he gets hurt behind that average line...can you say Romo sits to pee or Hensen..doesnt matter!

3)Your probowl guard is old, bottom line your line is nowhere as good as ours or Phillys.

Now my observations:

A) Our starting RB is better then Jones and behind a better line. Betts is far better then any backup the cowpies have.

B)Our wr are better as a group with far more playmaking ability then the Cowpies.

C) Our D was number 3 last year, the cowpies maybe improved but at this point it is all potential depending on rookies.

D)Even our kicking is more stable

So I am like alot of others, I dont see a 6 win difference and now with Gibbs other teams cant count on out coaching us.

Then just like every year with all the advantages over us, you should easily beat us and easily have a better record than us right?

Then just like every year with all the advantages over us, you should easily beat us and easily have a better record than us right?

Sure...we beat you guys every year :rolleyes::D

How did you get #9 ranking by Dr. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz?????

Yeah, I think you guys have a better team than last year......but #9?

So Dr. Zzzzzzzand the rest of the SI writers are on Jerry's payroll......and you guys talk about The Danny :silly:

Archived