Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Skins to finish 4-12

Posse81

4-12 is not only ridiculous but insulting. I'm glad all these so called analysts are predicting a weak redskins team. All I know is whenever the media hyped us, we fell flat on our faces. So its nice to go into a season without great expectations and hopefully catch some people off guard. I say hopefully cause we still have to prove it and because a lot of luck is involved in footbal,l specifically in regards to staying healthy etc.

Consider the source. Dr. Zzzzz is an avowed Redskins hater. Always has been.

So the Panthers who have had 1 winning season in the last 8 years are gonna win 12 games, the Cowturds who haven't won a playoff game since 1996 are going to win one this year and the Skins are going to be 4-12.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Ramesy Played in 7 games last year (starter) and won 3 of 7 coming in at game 9?

soooo, this year he's coming in at mini-camp and going to win 4 of 16...

Even giving him NO additional credit for (more exp with the 1st team and going from game one) : he should get 6-7 wins based on no improvement.

They are actually trying to say We have gone backwards from last years fiasco by 2-3 games worth.... That is a serious slam...

As someone already posted: Bulletin Board Material!

Lets hope (and I'm sure they are) the team is hearing all these predictions.

"...I'd like to hang around and give them all a nice big s--- burger to eat!..." - Lou Brown, Manager, Cleveland Indians

I think 4-12 is bit extreme. I can see anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. It all depends on Ramsey. If he keeps playing inconsistent then the Skins will be just that. If he plays effectively then 10-6 with our Defense is very possible.

I am encouraged by all the experts picking our demise, because every year a team the experts never expected comes out of nowhere and looking at the other teams that fall into that category the Skins can be that team.

It's obvious that these prognosticators know just about as much as the average fan. They base most of their predictions on last year's record and the off-season hype.

SI should know better. Two years into the Gibbs system will aide anybody tacking snaps. We appear to have better receivers for JG's offense. Sometimes players are resistant to change. Wide receivers have huge egos and last year their feelings were hurt when Gibbs placed some of the responsibility for last year's record at their toes.

This new group will make the biggest difference. Ramsey will take his lumps, but the defense should be improved. The Special Teams should be improved. This adds up to more wins.

Actually this is perfect for Gibbs to post on the boards with all the other articles saying how bad this team will be this year. Let them all think that about the Skins, come September 11th they will be left scratching thier heads and making excuses.

Let's see...we added two good defensive backs in Henry and Glenn.

We signed a vet quarterback that is better than any one of your quarterbacks. (At the moment, anyway.)

Not once our defense gets thru with him. :dallasuck

We signed a solid DT and had a great draft and for once have decent depth throughout the whole team.

We added a solid Pro Bowl calibur guard.

We have everyone coming back healthy.

This team is better than the team that actually went 10-6 two years ago.

Roy Williams is going back to his true position.

What, lying on his back with his feet in the air?

And if you actually consider preseason games meaningful, the Cowboys have the #1 ranked scoring defense this preseason and are ranked 5th in total defense. (I don't consider preseason to be any indication to how the regular season will play out.)

If you can't see how the Cowboys have improved, than you just can't see past your burgandy and gold glasses. I can see that your team has improved, but I guess your just a little peeved at our ownership of your team at the current moment. ;)

Actually, I usually try to notice what Dallas does every off-season so I know what to expect, but this year, there has been so much noise coming out of Philthy, that I have had a hard time concentrating on anyone else. I didn't even know all that crap about the Pukes. It sounds like we have a good competition on our hands for the first time in years. This could turn out to be a very interesting season.

:D :dallasuck

We might not be 13-3, but I don't see 4-12 either.

True, this prediction by him is no different than when one of us fans predicts that we will go 13-3 or 14-2. We probably have as much chance of going 13-3 as we do of going 4-12 because that just does not seem possible.

To go 4-12 we would have to be a horrible team with no offense and a much worse defense. My guess is that he is 4-6 wins off here and the Cowboys might start out really bad considering all the new players out there. Look at their beginning schedule and you figure they will beat SF but besides that the other 4 games early are tough and I do consider the Redskins in Dallas a tough game for them this year.

Hell, we should have swept them last year.

• 1 month later...

Archived