Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Skins to finish 4-12

Posse81

What kills me is that the skins get no credit and Gibbs gets no respect.

Gibbs wouldn't have it any other way. Someone brought up the Patriots before the 2001 season. I'd love to see a preview for Dick Vermeil's Rams before the '99 season, too, after finishing 4-12 the previous year.

Last season, alone, most predictions for the Steelers and the Chargers were pretty dismal.

I want to see Dr. Zzzzz and Len Pastarelli eat lots and lots of crow.

People tend to forget that our defense dealt with a massive amount of injuries last year. Our best defensive player is back and we are healthy (so far anyway) across the board. Name a better defensive staff in the league.

I can understand pundits not picking us for the playoffs, but 4-12 with Joe Gibbs( the 3rd worst team in the NFC) is a farce.

The same thing happened to our defense, yet people are talking crap about our defense anyway.

I know how it feels.

I've never said anything bad about your coaching staff. You have one of the best. As for defensive staff, the Eagles have a great defensive mind as well.

:laugh:

I'm curious what the Cowpies did this off-season to launch them from 6-10 to 10-6:rolleyes:

Let's see...we added two good defensive backs in Henry and Glenn.

We signed a vet quarterback that is better than any one of your quarterbacks. (At the moment, anyway.)

We signed a solid DT and had a great draft and for once have decent depth throughout the whole team.

We added a solid Pro Bowl calibur guard.

We have everyone coming back healthy.

This team is better than the team that actually went 10-6 two years ago.

Roy Williams is going back to his true position.

And if you actually consider preseason games meaningful, the Cowboys have the #1 ranked scoring defense this preseason and are ranked 5th in total defense. (I don't consider preseason to be any indication to how the regular season will play out.)

If you can't see how the Cowboys have improved, than you just can't see past your burgandy and gold glasses. I can see that your team has improved, but I guess your just a little peeved at our ownership of your team at the current moment. ;)

It doesn't matter what your record could have been had your team been better. It doens't matter what you did during a glorified scrimmage, either. The only thing that matters is what you team does between the Week 1 and Week 17.

Same goes for every team.

Your missing the point COWGIRL.

what i'm getting at is how close they are to getting over the hump

we will have to see what happens during the season, but my take is that Drew Bledsoe is on the down elevator in re his career while Ramsey may finally be on the way up.

Ramsey started the last half of last season and posted decent numbers and for the first time in his 4 year career received NFL caliber coaching.

He is in essence starting his second real season in the NFL. That is what people miss.

Steve Spurrier basically wasted his first two years in the NFL yanking him in and out of the lineup while focusing more on the 'talents' of Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews, two players that didn't have what it takes to succeed at this level.

How do you know this? It's all speculation at this point, even for you.

Your team was supposed to be over the hump four years ago, at least you guys. :doh:

that's not true. I never thought Spurrier had any business being in the NFL.

What Gibbs is doing is adding structure and disipline to this team.

Everyone around the NFL, including fans like to blame Synder for all this mess and yes it is partly his fault but only because he wants to win. He bought the team but didn't understand how to run a football team. All he wanted to do was win.

Ya you can call it speculation but last year we lost a lot of games because of stupid FIXABLE things which Gibbs will fix and the cowboys will go back to the cellar were they belong.

we will have to see what happens during the season, but my take is that Drew Bledsoe is on the down elevator in re his career while Ramsey may finally be on the way up.

Ramsey started the last half of last season and posted decent numbers and for the first time in his 4 year career received NFL caliber coaching.

He is in essence starting his second real season in the NFL. That is what people miss.

Steve Spurrier basically wasted his first two years in the NFL yanking him in and out of the lineup while focusing more on the 'talents' of Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews, two players that didn't have what it takes to succeed at this level.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Sorry if this was posted, couldn't find it.

From the SI NFL preview:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/

NFC East Projected

1 Eagles 10-6

2 Cowboys* 10-6

3 Giants 5-11

4 Redskins 4-12

How Dr. Z Ranks 'em

1 Indianapolis Colts 17 Detroit Lions

2 Carolina Panthers 18 Denver Broncos

3 New England Patriots 19 Buffalo Bills

4 Pittsburgh Steelers 20 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Philadelphia Eagles 21 New Orleans Saints

6 Atlanta Falcons 22 Arizona Cardinals

7 Baltimore Ravens 23 Houston Texans

8 New York Jets 24 Tampa Bay Bucs

9 Dallas Cowboys 25 Oakland Raiders

10 Kansas City Chiefs 26 Miami Dolphins

11 Jacksonville Jaguars 27 New York Giants

12 San Diego Chargers 28 Cleveland Browns

13 Minnesota Vikings 29 Washington Redskins

14 St. Louis Rams 30 Tennessee Titans

15 Seattle Seahawks 31 San Francisco 49ers

16 Green Bay Packers 32 Chicago Bears

Casey Jones - watch your speed! I'm sure Jerry is rolling over right now wishing he could have had some of Dr Z's special out of mind stash. PULEEZ

Try again Dr. - more to the tune of 9-7

Miami and Cleveland won't end up with more victories than the Redskins in 2005 :)

in fact they probably won't end up with as many combined :laugh:

well, they might but you get my drift................ Miami (5 wins?), Cleveland (4-5 wins).......I think the Redskins can get to 10-6 in 2005.

4 Redskins 4-12

RB:

Our feature back is getting to run the way he wants

Betts has shown he can do 100+ by himself, not 3rd down only.

QB:

Ramsey is going from start to finish not 3-4 from game 9...(hint almost the record for all 16 this year and there were GOOOD teams in there...)

Brunell is playing better than he did last year.

OL:

They are giving more time than chess players: I could do well in there.

Defense: nuff said.

WR:

They are doing better than our star WR last year and are faster .. etc..

AND:

We are going to do worse...

o.k.

Let's see...we added two good defensive backs in Henry and Glenn.

We signed a vet quarterback that is better than any one of your quarterbacks. (At the moment, anyway.)

We signed a solid DT and had a great draft and for once have decent depth throughout the whole team.

We added a solid Pro Bowl calibur guard.

We have everyone coming back healthy.

This team is better than the team that actually went 10-6 two years ago.

Roy Williams is going back to his true position.

And if you actually consider preseason games meaningful, the Cowboys have the #1 ranked scoring defense this preseason and are ranked 5th in total defense. (I don't consider preseason to be any indication to how the regular season will play out.)

If you can't see how the Cowboys have improved, than you just can't see past your burgandy and gold glasses. I can see that your team has improved, but I guess your just a little peeved at our ownership of your team at the current moment. ;)

Well now...Let's not get too excited. Yeah - that guard you 'stole away' from the Packers - You sure he'll make it through the season?! Speaking of your O-Line, you'll need it because your aging and immobile QB will be relying on them to protect his assets. By the way, how IS Larry Allen doing???!!!

The media's predictions on this year reminds me of how bad they missed on Virginia Tech last year.

Tech was picked at best 4th in the ACC. Frank Beamer was a washed up coach. It was a very bad offseason with the Marcus Vick incidents and he was gone for the year. The QB had shown flashes but was mediocre at best coming into 2004. Lack of depth, and a poor system that other teams had figured out.

Tech put in the locker room the predictions from the preseason as motiviation. As the year went on, the players crossed the names of teams they beat and that they had jumped in the standings.

3 months later the college football media world was eating all sorts of crow as VT found itself in the Sugar Bowl.

Same thing will happen this year with our Redskins. Just replace Sugar with Super

Gibbs didn't get any respect the first time around. He just keep winning as the underdog. Esp. in the playoffs! Only four wins is laughable. I am looking for good things this season. I think we have decent depth and hopefully we win a few more games.

Once in the playoffs all bets are off!

Archived