Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Skins to finish 4-12

Posse81

Had to bump it because of Don Banks (Mr. 4-12) saying this buried deep, deep into his column:

•I'm only going to say this once, so listen up: If the Washington Redskins win out, beating Dallas on Sunday, the Giants next week, and Philly on the road in Week 17, they're going to the playoffs at least as an NFC wild card based on what would be a 10-2 conference record. That's not only astounding, it's entirely possible.

•Chris Cooley is Washington's secret weapon no more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/12/18/snap.judgments/2.html

:helmet:

I'll up the anty;

Don Banks says,

11/22/05

3. Washington -- The Redskins narrowly beat the Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks to open the season 3-0. But about now I wouldn't like their chances to win if they faced any of those three in a rematch. Chicago, Dallas and Seattle are in first place and going to the playoffs. Washington isn't.

11/27/05

• This just in: With the Redskins losing for the sixth time in eight games after a 3-0 start this season, Joe Gibbs is now just 11-16 in his celebrated return to the sidelines in Washington. I'll say it: Luring living legend Gibbs out of retirement is just the latest big plan of Snyder's to fall flat.

eat crow ****, crooked nose piece of crap!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/11/27/snap.judgments.week12/1.html

:helmet:

Dr. Z just mails it in each week. I'm sickened by his feeble attempts to be amusing. He is far too distracted by the Flaming Redhead that he so fondly speaks of (I'm still unconvinced it's a woman) to even moderately attempt to analyse football. SI has really fallen off and he is one more example....along with Peter King. Why do these fools get such tenure?!

;)

Had to bump it because of Don Banks (Mr. 4-12) saying this buried deep, deep into his column:

•I'm only going to say this once, so listen up: If the Washington Redskins win out, beating Dallas on Sunday, the Giants next week, and Philly on the road in Week 17, they're going to the playoffs at least as an NFC wild card based on what would be a 10-2 conference record. That's not only astounding, it's entirely possible.

•Chris Cooley is Washington's secret weapon no more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/12/18/snap.judgments/2.html

Even in his (sort of) praise, he can't contain his seething hatred. A hint of professionalism would be nice, but what can you expect from a Ravens' fan?

I wonder what they are thinking now. That was a terrible prediction. It angers me of the lack of respect the Skins were getting before the season. Now that we are 8-6 we are getting respect though. But next year we better be predicted at 10-6 or 11-5.

It won't happen.. ANd maybe it shouldn't. Yeah we are rolling now, but we haven't been at all consistant this year.

I wonder what they are thinking now. That was a terrible prediction. It angers me of the lack of respect the Skins were getting before the season. Now that we are 8-6 we are getting respect though. But next year we better be predicted at 10-6 or 11-5.

Check out most of those predictions. Very few were even near the mark for any team. My favorite was Houston at 8-8. :) As much as I like the preseason predictions it just goes to show that they don't know jack.

Well, I already knew Joe Gibbs wasn't going to have two straight losing seasons. Just wasn't going to happen. I think during the second Dallas game last year the Redskins began to turn things around. Unfortunately we lost that game but we defeated the Vikings a week later.

People who make those kinds of unrealistic predictions just want to hear themselves talk.

Somehow these idiots confused Gibbs with Spurrier. Gibbs is one of the 2-3 best coaches ever. How did they expect him to go 4-12 in his second season back? He never had back to back losing seasons before and it was pretty obvious that the team was pretty good at the end of last year.

I guess they thought Pierce, Smoot, and Coles etc. were better than who we have now to replace them but I guess those 3 players weren't the whole team and great coaches just don't lose 10-12 games every year.

Archived