Extremeskins

SI: Skins to finish 4-12

Posse81

NFC East Projected

1 Eagles 10-6

2 Cowboys* 10-6

3 Giants 5-11

4 Redskins 4-12

Boy were these guys off. Both the Giants and Redskins already have one more win, then they gave us. The Cowboys MAYBE are a 10-6 team, and the Eagles will be lucky to finish 9-7, or 8-8 with their problems. I like our chances at the Playoffs. :cheers:

Seriously, this is a premiere sports magazine in the US and they're so off. WOW.

They have the Skins tied for the 2nd worse record in football. Did they see the defense play last year- 4 wins?

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!!!!!!

That's funny. Just like on Sportscenter, they Redskins win the game and all the talk is about the Eagles. Looks like we are proving people wrong.

I was so sick of the game coverage last night - esp Paul McGuire (who may be the dumbest human being on the planet). He almost sounded upset that the Eagles lost. What a biased buffoon.

Truthfully, in the drama leading up until the game, I was glad the Skins were under the radar. That way they could concentrate exhuming the ghosts from that horrible loss a week earlier in the Meadowlands.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh give me a break.

We are freaking 6-6.

That hardly counts as an "I told you so"

Let me know when we get to 10-6.

any way we can finish 4-12?

Dude we won for a change, the Pokes lost, as did the Falcons. Relax for a day or two with all the negative BS, and try and smile for a minute or two

• 2 weeks later...

Had to bump it because of Don Banks (Mr. 4-12) saying this buried deep, deep into his column:

•I'm only going to say this once, so listen up: If the Washington Redskins win out, beating Dallas on Sunday, the Giants next week, and Philly on the road in Week 17, they're going to the playoffs at least as an NFC wild card based on what would be a 10-2 conference record. That's not only astounding, it's entirely possible.

•Chris Cooley is Washington's secret weapon no more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/12/18/snap.judgments/2.html

Yeah good bump. It only makes sense to start taking the words of ignorant redskin haters and start cramming it back down their throats!

So Cooley is no longer a secret weapon? Well fine. We still have to see if anyone can tackle him. Until then, he is still a weapon, only now a weapon that people are respecting.

doc z, Banks was Mr. 5-11

The SI writers and the staff in general should be embarrassed. It's almost as if they don't even watch the games. All of a sudden Chris Cooley is some emerging threat--if you had been watching all season you would have seen his development as a bona fide player. Don Banks is really a joke--just loves to pounce on people when they are down. Write him an angry comment--I did. Made me feel a lot better--I told him to get a new crystal ball

Archived