Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Question - When Ramsey starts to play amazing football in a couple weeks....?

footballhenry

I like Ramsey a lot, I think he showed quite a bit of poise and leadership under everchanging circumstances over the past few years. The question that I have to the board is do you really think Ramsey, based on the play he has shown, can lead us deep into the playoffs? You see the teams that make it deep from year to year. Their quarterback play just seems to be on another level to me. I'm not saying Ramsey won't get there, but at this point I just don't see it and frankly it worries me. The one thing that gives me a good amount of hope is that Pittsburgh managed to make it very deep with a qb who really only managed the game and did not have to win it by himself. If Ramsey can prove he can do that, not making stupid decisions like he has shown a proclivity towards in years past, leading into the season, even if he doesn't light it up Peyton Manningesque then I'll have a lot more confidence than I do at the moment.

I think Ramsey is the short term answer at QB. He has been named the starter so it his job to lose or secure.

It is hard for me to have complete faith in his ability when it APPEARS TO ME that he is never comfortable in the pocket.

I don't care if he plays good or not as long as we're winning games. In all honesty, I believe Campbell is going to end up being the better QB. So regardless, Ramsey's days are numbered.

Again, Ramsey has to play some AMAZING football before I decide to do anything other then what I normally ask for: find ways to win football games.

Originally posted by footballhenry

When Ramsey starts to play amazing football in a couple weeks what will all you Ramsey-bashers say?

Simple Question, I just want to know what the reactions are gonna be.

Ive stuck by the man since Day 1 and will continue to do so until in all certainty I am proven wrong.

Well, who cares what those who have less faith in Ramsey say IF Ramsey miraculously turns into a QB a few weeks into the season? Id say good, we have a QB now, glad he got it together. Ill always admitt I didnt think he had it in him, and I will always know and say that I was justified. He hasnt shown much of anything over the years that has gotten me excited.

Originally posted by SamSneed36

Well, who cares what those who have less faith in Ramsey say IF Ramsey miraculously turns into a QB a few weeks into the season? Id say good, we have a QB now, glad he got it together. Ill always admitt I didnt think he had it in him, and I will always know and say that I was justified. He hasnt shown much of anything over the years that has gotten me excited.

If he 'gets it together' (check his QB rating as a starter last year, it's a nice step in reaching that next plateau) it won't be because he went from being AKili Smith to being a good QB.

That's what you miss. Because he hasn't SHOWN YOU anything is irrelevant. You just don't don't have 'the eye' for such things. But you don't get to say, "he stinks" then when he plays well, come back and say "well, he was nothing before but he 'miraculously' came out of nowhere to be good."

No, if he performs well consistently, you have to concede that others saw something you didn't. As such an event would indicate that it was your deficient evaluation that led to the conclusion that he wasn't even mediocre.

There's no shame in it. Not everyone who is a fan is a decent evaluator of talent at the QB spot.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

If he 'gets it together' (check his QB rating as a starter last year, it's a nice step in reaching that next plateau) it won't be because he went from being AKili Smith to being a good QB.

That's what you miss. Because he hasn't SHOWN YOU anything is irrelevant. You just don't don't have 'the eye' for such things. But you don't get to say, "he stinks" then when he plays well, come back and say "well, he was nothing before but he 'miraculously' came out of nowhere to be good."

I dont have an eye for these things, but all of those that keep the faith do eh? I dunno about that. He hasnt shown he can do much more then those 1 yard tosses to the sideline, or 4 yard dump offs on 3rd and 8 mixed in with the very occasional downfield gainer promptly fallowed by some horrid decision or throw.

He has shown no improvement so far is this offseason after being named the starter at the end of last season and getting all the first team reps. Yes its early, but if anything it seems he has taken a step back.

Hes never been able to ever approach consistancy in throwing a ball at a reciever's chest. 90% of his passes are above the head, or thrown too far ahead or too far behind for there to be any kind of a run after the catch. There just isnt much to be hopeful for at this point, as usual, unless you just want to have faith because he is the Redskins QB.

Heres hoping he turns out to be NFL starter quality come 9/11/2005

In my mind, there's only one test Ramsey has to pass:

Beat Dallas in Week 2

If we lose to Dallas again and Ramsey plays bad, I don't think I can forgive him.

If we beat Dallas and Ramsey plays well, he'll have won my heart forever.

I'm serious, I think the whole season rides on the result of Week 2.

I dont have an eye for these things, but all of those that keep the faith do eh? I dunno about that. He hasnt shown he can do much more then those 1 yard tosses to the sideline, or 4 yard dump offs on 3rd and 8 mixed in with the very occasional downfield gainer promptly fallowed by some horrid decision or throw.

At least Ramsey can actually throw the ball 4 yards. (Brunell...last year you homers ;))

He has shown no improvement so far is this offseason after being named the starter at the end of last season and getting all the first team reps. Yes its early, but if anything it seems he has taken a step back.

Its very early, its only been 1 pre-season game and a scrimmage. Wait till the season starts.

Hes never been able to ever approach consistancy in throwing a ball at a reciever's chest. 90% of his passes are above the head, or thrown too far ahead or too far behind for there to be any kind of a run after the catch. There just isnt much to be hopeful for at this point, as usual, unless you just want to have faith because he is the Redskins QB.

90% is a little rediculous. Forget runs after the catch, if we can complete anything next year it'll be an improvement. Even if Pat doesn't improve our O-Line has improved and I think our Passing schemes overall should improve as Gibbs gets more comfortable running the offense.

Originally posted by Mr. Grundle

I'm serious, I think the whole season rides on the result of Week 2.

I hate to be dramatic, but I agree with this statement to an extent.

I really do believe that winning a night game, nationally televised, on the road, against the Cowboys could give the team a tremendous amount of needed confidence. On the contrary, losing that game could really be devastating. Like I said, I am not one to be dramatic, but I do think week two could prove to be an especially sifnificant game.

After all, I think this season's success will come down to how well we perform within the division. Getting that first one, especially a win on the road agianst Dallas would really make a difference.

Funny, I actually have gone back to review what I could from Ramsey's passes last year (thanks, Zeb!) I see that while he still does need to work on throwing when the receiver is on the move(making that cut, etc) he DOES do this at times. It's the consistency.

But I wouldn't say he throws a non-RAC ball 90 percent of the time. I'm looking at the tape here. On the TD drives, he's throwing balls in positions for runs after the catch.

I wish people wouldn't exaggerate so much and would just say that he's inconsistent, not that he just doesnt' DO something. Because that is false.

It's a funny thing. By looking at the tape of games from last year, I see how the failures of the TEAM led to some of those late season losses.

Dropped passes and penalties cost us against the Eagles in both games (as did Ramsey being unable to hit the deep ball on a couple throws in the first game in Philly)

Brown's fumble vs. Dallas. Kozlowski dropping a pass that turned into a pick inside the 10 yard line!! That was huge.(not to mention the blown coverage on Crayton.)

Green Bay, that was a lack of Sean Taylor to cover the deep ball in that game plus the refs.

If we can just tighten up some of those things, we'll be much improved. Especially pass pro in the middle of the line. Too many passes I'm counting Ramsey getting hit within a second of the snap(and sometimes still making a play.)

Originally posted by footballhenry

When Ramsey starts to play amazing football in a couple weeks what will all you Ramsey-bashers say?

Simple Question, I just want to know what the reactions are gonna be.

Ive stuck by the man since Day 1 and will continue to do so until in all certainty I am proven wrong.

Most will say he is playing amazing football. What would you expect someone to say.

If he plays like s** then I'll say he played like s**t.

Calling it like you see it does not make you a fairweathered fan or a hater. It's just calling it like you see it.

:helmet:

Originally posted by project myu

If Ramsey leads the Redskins to the playoffs, I'm sure all the Ramsey-bashers will talk about how they are happy to eat crow since the Redskins did so well, but I don't ever want to hear them talk as if they have any football knowledge ever again. :D

Does the same go for you if he doesn't do well or is not the future of the Redskins? Me thinks me smell a hypocrite. Same goes for you Bubba.

Originally posted by ATLANTASKINSFAN

Most will say he is playing amazing football. What would you expect someone to say.

If he plays like s** then I'll say he played like s**t.

Calling it like you see it does not make you a fairweathered fan or a hater. It's just calling it like you see it.

:helmet:

Apparently around here some think it does. This is a freaking message board. That's what we're here to do. God forbid someone criticize Patrick's play.:doh:

Originally posted by herrmag

Apparently around here some think it does. This is a freaking message board. That's what we're here to do. God forbid someone criticize Patrick's play.:doh:

What exactly is he being critized for?

Having happy feet? Who cares.. He still did "ok"

Originally posted by jpark

I hate to be dramatic, but I agree with this statement to an extent.

I really do believe that winning a night game, nationally televised, on the road, against the Cowboys could give the team a tremendous amount of needed confidence. On the contrary, losing that game could really be devastating. Like I said, I am not one to be dramatic, but I do think week two could prove to be an especially sifnificant game.

After all, I think this season's success will come down to how well we perform within the division. Getting that first one, especially a win on the road agianst Dallas would really make a difference.

Whoever actually feels this way has never been a part of a team or followed a team that has had a successful season.

How can you say that the outcome of 1/16 of the schedule will make or break your season?

Ramsey can throw 11 interceptions in that game, lead us to a 10-6 record, but you think he wouldn't be a success?

Are you talking about Patrick Ramsey or Mark Brunell?

Based on what exactly? Have you been in TC watching him closely? Following his reps? Listening to his coaching? Have you been there everyday checking on his progress? I mean, how does one come to that kinda of conclusion from one pre-season game? I think you need to stop reading the papers &/or watching the news. Especially since you seem to believe everything they print.

Hes never been able to ever approach consistancy in throwing a ball at a reciever's chest. 90% of his passes are above the head, or thrown too far ahead or too far behind for there to be any kind of a run after the catch.

90%? Really? Do you have a link for that stat?

There just isnt much to be hopeful for at this point, as usual, unless you just want to have faith because he is the Redskins QB.

Heres hoping he turns out to be NFL starter quality come 9/11/2005

Boy, I just LOOOOOVE being around Sunshiny People like YOU! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gothtimus

What exactly is he being critized for?

Having happy feet? Who cares.. He still did "ok"

Read through this thread and you'll see my points...Okay, I'll list my main problems with his performance.

1. Didn't get past the 50 yard line more than twice in one-half of a game.

2. Laid a goose egg on the scoreboard

3. Passed for under 80 yards

Some of it can be blamed on the offense as a whole. This is true. But with the competition at the position, I would think he would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he deserves to start. It's only the first pre-season game, but to say he did "ok" is wrong. NO POINTS, ONE INT, and under 80 YARDS passing is not "okay". Hopefully tomorrow night he plays much better and shows everyone why Gibbs named him starter. I do not wish for a QB controversy this year.

Read through this thread and you'll see my points...Okay, I'll list my main problems with his performance.

Some of it can be blamed on the offense as a whole. This is true. But with the competition at the position, I would think he would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he deserves to start. It's only the first pre-season game, but to say he did "ok" is wrong. NO POINTS, ONE INT, and under 80 YARDS passing is not "okay". Hopefully tomorrow night he plays much better and shows everyone why Gibbs named him starter. I do not wish for a QB controversy this year.

Take a chill pill, Dude. IT'S PRESEASON! Relax. :high: :chug:

Seriously, chill out. The man did fine in his first preseason game. In the meaningful games Ramseys gonna have Portis, that alone is huge. I dont even feel like arguing this anymore because its so trivial. PR will be fine, people just need to chill out. The man could throw 3 picks tomorrow night and Id feel the same way, of course I wouldnt like his performance but once the season starts PR will be the man, you all will see.

Would everyone stop telling me to chillout? I'm getting self-concious ;)

Honestly, I am "chilled out". I have yet to "bash" PR once in this thread. I've only pointed out that his performance was not "good". I've also pointed out (in multiple posts) that this is only the first preseason game, and not the end of the world.

Would everyone stop telling me to chillout? I'm getting self-concious ;)

Honestly, I am "chilled out". I have yet to "bash" PR once in this thread. I've only pointed out that his performance was not "good". I've also pointed out (in multiple posts) that this is only the first preseason game, and not the end of the world.

Get used to it.

I became Mark Brunell's #1 fan apparently in another thread (or earlier in this one) just because I was trying to be objective.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Get used to it.

I became Mark Brunell's #1 fan apparently in another thread (or earlier in this one) just because I was trying to be objective.

There's no such thing is negative objectiveness. That's just "chicken little" or "troll" around this board.

Objectiveness only comes from the positive side, you should know that by now.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Inconsisent? INCONSISTENT?? After 1 PRE-season game? :yikes: Wooooow! :doh: :doh1:

Nope.After going on four seasons of inconsistencies on his part. I think he's fundamentaly flawed as a QB.Blame Spurrior If one want's to,and yes it was a pre game.But I sure as hell didn't get a positive feel watching his performance.Some one posted that he threw a long pass just to see how far he could get It down field.I'm die hard skins fan to the bone,but Im allso realistic.Hope he proves me wrong.

Archived